What do you do?

chipandsteph

What do you do to get through the days as your cruise gets closer and closer? We are only 35 days out, and I am going nuts! I have school, work, and kids to occupy me, but all I can do is think about what I am going to do when I step on the Valor!

Practice being a chair Hog:p. My kids just crack up.

Check passports daily.

Save $1.00 and $5.00 bills for tips.

Virtual menu's for the family. Would you like 1 or 2 Lobsters tonight? Then serve fish sticks.

Went to the neighbors pool once with our Carnival cruise DOD glasses. Asked for the DOD when they came out. They laughed. They cruise as well.

Read CC daily.

Just have fun. Pre Cruise is half the fun.

We do virtual cruise days. Embark day- What will we be doing on this day.

I was trying to figure out how to get through the Post Cruise Depression>?? Figured it out. Just book another one.:p

Happy Sails

Practice being a chair Hog:p. My kids just crack up.

Check passports daily.

Save $1.00 and $5.00 bills for tips.

Virtual menu's for the family. Would you like 1 or 2 Lobsters tonight? Then serve fish sticks.

Went to the neighbors pool once with our Carnival cruise DOD glasses. Asked for the DOD when they came out. They laughed. They cruise as well.

Read CC daily.

Just have fun. Pre Cruise is half the fun.

We do virtual cruise days. Embark day- What will we be doing on this day.

I was trying to figure out how to get through the Post Cruise Depression>?? Figured it out. Just book another one.:p

Happy Sails

Love these above! :)

I've spent literally HOURS on CC for the past few weeks, and as you can tell by the time I'm even on here at ridiculous hours of the night :rolleyes: Been doing extensive research on the hotel we'll stay at, tours we'll take, we went to the Tanger outlets today and bought a few new outfits for the cruise.

I'm out of work on disability right now and on bedrest so that adds to my CC time as well. We've still got 89 days to go and I can't wait!

Love these above! :)

I've spent literally HOURS on CC for the past few weeks, and as you can tell by the time I'm even on here at ridiculous hours of the night :rolleyes: Been doing extensive research on the hotel we'll stay at, tours we'll take, we went to the Tanger outlets today and bought a few new outfits for the cruise.

I'm out of work on disability right now and on bedrest so that adds to my CC time as well. We've still got 89 days to go and I can't wait!

Congrat's on your Anniversary Cruise.:p I work afternoons and midnights. Drive's my hubby crazy. So i'm on late as well. You cruise before us on the Dream. You will have fun. Another tip. Pack. Close suitcase. Open. Remove half. Then go.:p My theory, if you didn't pack and you need, you can always buy in port.

Enjoy your cruise

Congrat's on your Anniversary Cruise.:p I work afternoons and midnights. Drive's my hubby crazy. So i'm on late as well. You cruise before us on the Dream. You will have fun. Another tip. Pack. Close suitcase. Open. Remove half. Then go.:p My theory, if you didn't pack and you need, you can always buy in port.

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks that's a great tip! We definitely over packed on the last cruise!

I become a CC junkie. After I have read all of the recent reviews and I have thoroughly explored all of the choices for shore excursions, I read the new threads every chance I get. The more stressful work is, the more I check out CC and plan for the cruise. ;)

I am seriously concerned about cruise withdrawal in November because we will have cruised more this year than ever before and then we will be cruise-less for an unknown period of time. Shoo that bad thought away... I'm heading back too see if anyone has posted on the roll call this morning!:p

What do you do to get through the days as your cruise gets closer and closer? We are only 35 days out, and I am going nuts! I have school, work, and kids to occupy me, but all I can do is think about what I am going to do when I step on the Valor!

We usually get in our Jacuzzi .DW will make us up a frozen concoction and the relaxing pre cruise days will begin . Setup Netflix on the flat screen then using the internet option explore the ship deck plans or find and exotic island movie somewhere. Also using a tablet we explore all excursions just to see if there is one that we would enjoy.

But yet we all have to suffer before the big day arrives .

We usually get in our Jacuzzi .DW will make us up a frozen concoction and the relaxing pre cruise days will begin . Setup Netflix on the flat screen then using the internet option explore the ship deck plans or find and exotic island movie somewhere. Also using a tablet we explore all excursions just to see if there is one that we would enjoy.

But yet we all have to suffer before the big day arrives .

I prefer your pre-cruise suffering to mine :) Are we all invited over to your place to learn the art of relaxing pre-cruise? :p

I am at about the same place you are. So far:

• I made a packing list and have been looking for deals on things we need to purchase yet.
  • I just got 2 hard-sided carry-ons with spinners for $17 originally $70. Finding deals like that just adds to the excitement.
  • I started a spot in my closet for cruise clothes that we know we will want to pack but won't need to wear before then.
  • I've gone through my over-the-door and restocked anything needing to be restocked.
  • I look for things to do on the islands we didn't book excrusions for so we have some ideas when we get there.
  • I made itineraries with contact info, hotel info, flight info, etc to give to a few family members, work, and DD's BFF's (who is coming with us) parents.
  • I check the Carnival sight daily for price drops.
  • I ordered Bon Voyage gifts for DH, DS, DD and DD's BFF.
  • I secretly upgraded us from OV connecting rooms to balcony connecting rooms.
  • And I am addicted to CC reading anything on CCL Freedom, NCL Jewel and any of the ports of call we are heading to.

I think that's why I book about 90 days out, other wise I think I would go crazy thinking about getting on board for longer than that. After i book I go into research over load. DH and I have drinks on our balcony at home pretending its our aft balcony on the ship. We watch the ship we are getting on through port webcams, love watching them dock and see all the people getting on. I count down the days at work with "picture of the day" from our last cruise. But I wait to pack till the day before we drive to Galveston, if I pack any sooner I think i would explode. 70 Days to go!

Obsess' date=' Obsess, Obsess!

Research the ports even more, research my ship, make tons of lists,

oh and start thinking[b'] about the NEXT cruise[/b] I will probably book when I get back.

All of that as mentioned...YES..but stop counting the days. Seriously.

Valor-813.jpg

I really need some tips b/c I am going crazy over my upcoming cruise! This will be my 4th and I am by far more excited for this cruise than the other 3. It will be my sister's 3rd but my mom, brother, and nephew's first and I am super excited for them.

I try to get on CC a lot to help but can't really use it at work :-( Plus the more I read, the more anxious I get. It's obvious that I am the most excited out of my entire family lol.

Plus the not counting down there isn't going to help me. I have a countdown on the whiteboard in my work office. LOL.

Some things I do:

1. Read everything I can find related to our trip on CC.

2. Create a cruise countdown on my phone.

3. Check Carnival's website daily for openings of more desirable cabins.

4. Get the luggage out.

5. Make a packing list.

6. Shop for a new swimsuit and dress.

7. Get all documentation together.

8. Start packing anything I can before hand.

9. Make a playlist of cruise/Caribbean songs.

10. Cut myself off of CC at some point :-p

Archived