Inside cabin O-Class?? (Riviera or Marina)

ellasabe

Whilst I haven't tried these on the O class ships, I have many inside cabins in my time, from QM2 to Discovery. Usually they are about the same size as the cheapest outside cabins (check out the square footage in the brochures). since I am usually only in the cabin to change or sleep, I have never found it a problem. I tend to leave the TV on Bridgecam view so you can see what is happening outdoors, and if it is too dark at night, leave a light on in the bathroom and the door shut and there is enough glow to find your way around.

Thank, Sharon. I, also, have sailed on numerous ships as an inside pax. The savings between inside/outside/balcony can be $50...$100 or so. In some case I have found specials on veranda which are cheaper than insides!

Oceania has a larger price spread between inside (which there are darn few of!) and Oceanview or Balcony--which is why I was seeking answers from those who have already sailed, to determine if the price differential is worth it.

Also, because there are so few of the insides I was wondering how hard they are to book. On most sailings I just see a GTY, and I would like to be able to pick my inside.

hi,i have stayed in an inside on marina and an outside and a balcony b2 on the riviera. the outside and balcony were the same size-apart from balcony-but the inside was much smaller and no bath. but the biggest problem was the vibration from the centre of the ship. maybe the air conditioning duct? not sure.it was terrible;cabin no 9090.never again.

angelina46

Has anyone stayed in an inside on one of these two ships? How spacious do they feel? I would assume the darkness is conducive to excellent sleeping.

Firsthand reports would be welcome. Thanks!

We were on the Marina last year (22 days) in an inside cabin on Deck 8. While inside cabins do not bother us at all - we've sailed on Oceania many times in an inside, we felt that the room didn't feel as spacious as the ones on the R ships. I know they are a little bigger, but the square footage was put into the bathroom, which was very nice except for the shower - it has a glass door, which is fine except when the soap drops and you bang your elbow into the glass. But all in all, we were quite happy there. However, if you want to stay in an inside cabin, I would advise booking ASAP as there are only 18 of them and they go quickly. Arlene

Oceania has a larger price spread between inside (which there are darn few of!) and Oceanview or Balcony--which is why I was seeking answers from those who have already sailed, to determine if the price differential is worth it.

FWIW, there is also a very limited number of Oceanview, 20 if I counted correctly. I would expect them to be as hard if not harder to book than the inside. We'll cruise in an Oceanview but would be very hard pressed to book an inside, we could do, just would prefer not to.

Do not take cabin 8092, the noise & vibration was such that we blew our holiday budget by seeing if it was possible to buy an upgrade.Fortunately for us the ship had had a few no shows & we were able to move to an alternate cabin. It was worth every extra dollar.The inside cabins are more than adequate,but it is well worth the extra money to choose a higher catergory if you can.

We have been in an inside cabin on Marina once (and on a veranda on Marina once; third time on Marina I forget where we were!) and find them perfectly adequate. They are only a little smaller than the veranda cabins, except, of course, you have a small veranda to extend your personal space.

We have also been on an inside on Regatta or Insignia, which we were fine with. Quite honestly, we didn't use the veranda much when we had one on any of the ships - although I did like being able to look outside to see what the weather was like or to look for lighthouses or interesting ships or land ahoy! In an inside cabin, I have to turn on the TV and tune it to the webcam to see what it's doing outside - sigh! For the price, however, we almost always book a guarantee on an inside and then wait to see if the upsell/upgrade ferry will call! When we've been in a veranda cabin, we haven't used the veranda all that much, anyway. Another advantage for us is that most of the insides are mid-ship, which we like (being centrally located; although some people also like that for calmest area for cabins if they're the least prone to seasickness).

We've never booked an ocean-view, or even seen inside one, for that matter! There aren't that many of them, as someone already mentioned!

I posted a new thread on this, but thought I'd ask the question here too:

Is there noise and vibration in inside cabin 9084? I'm booked into it, and I notice on the deck plan that it is right next door to 9090, which an above posting said was very noisy. Looks bad for my team! :(

hi, you may be ok. if you look at the deck plan, my cabin, 9090 has an empty space next to it, i think thats where the noise and vibration was coming from. as you are between 2 cabins,it should be ok. hope you are! please post when you get back, i would like to know!

angelina46

hi, you may be ok. if you look at the deck plan, my cabin, 9090 has an empty space next to it, i think thats where the noise and vibration was coming from. as you are between 2 cabins,it should be ok. hope you are! please post when you get back, i would like to know!

angelina46

Ahh, I looked up the deck plans and I see what you mean. The other cabin that is noisy is 8092 which is in the same position as 9090: next to the empty space. Well, fingers crossed here, and I will definitely let you know. We don't go until May of next year so you'll (& we'll) have to be patient. Of course, my master plan is to try to snag an ocean view cabin if one should become available at final payment time. ;)

We have been on Azamara and Oceania in inside cabins at front of ship-like 6010 or 6011 on whichever deck-we like inside and dark and as far as size, never a problem and no noise. I was told when you see a blank spot on a deck plan, that it a room with some function and probably where the noise comes from. Good luck.

Archived