Huatulco: tender or dock

NMLady

Our Panama Canal cruise in 2006 had a port stop in Huatulco and we docked at a cement pier that had a few stores and shaded bar area just to the left. But my understanding is that now the cruise ships anchor out and tender in to a marina.

Is this true? If so, what is within a short walking distance of the marina? We will be there in mid-October on another Panama Canal cruise.

We choose not to do tours or taxis since health wise we might want to return to the ship so want to be closeby on our own. But we also don't want to walk too far since DH has knee & hip problems.

I did a Huatulco search on this forum but most of the posts are about tours or are a few years old.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Contact the cruise line, and ask them.

That is a lesson in futility since reps know little about ports. I've discovered that in previous calls, two different cruise lines.

We also docked!

Huatulco was a very enjoyable port stop! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Thank you.It's good to know that you enjoyed it. We did the first time and are looking forward to it again.

We'll be in Huatulco in December on the Regatta. Can you please tell us what you did while there? A ship's tour or private tour? Any sites or restaurants you'd recommend? We'll be there from 12 to 6 p.m.

Hope this didn't highjack the thread too badly.

Thanks!

We'll be in Huatulco in December on the Regatta. Can you please tell us what you did while there? A ship's tour or private tour? Any sites or restaurants you'd recommend? We'll be there from 12 to 6 p.m.

Thanks!

As the OP I can assure you that you did not hijack the thread. My basic question about dock or tender was answered. It is a logical flow imo to next discuss how best to spend time. I'm sure there are a lot of new options since we were there. So I'd also be interested to learn about them.

Mario Cobos is a tour provider here. His web page is mariocobos.com.As you walk off of the ship there is a beach, restaurants, bars, etc, right there. You can rent umbrellas and chairs on the left side of the beach for $10. If you go on the right side of the bay, it was free if you buy something to eat or drink.

Thanks!

We love going to the beach so that's what we did. There's a decent beach right there so we got one of the tables w/umbrella at the water's edge (maybe 5 ft.) and enjoyed our day there. It was provided by the bar when drinks were being ordered. We didn't eat a full meal ... just some nachos.

LuLu

~~~~

• 1 month later...

You can also take a taxi to Playa la Entrega--about $5 per cab each way. This is where some of the cruise ship excursions go and a great place to snorkel if anyone in your party wishes to do that. It is the small bay off to the left as you enter the bay where you dock.

Archived