I <3 Paradise Beach,Cozumel... BUT.....

colleenj74

OK... I have been on two cruises. We went to Paradise Beach based on reviews from here and fell head over heels in love. We actually booked our second cruise just to go to Paradise beach again (because we didn't have time to get passports to just fly to Mexico)!! I also like Cozumel in general... it's kinda 'edgy' (pushy vendors, prescription drug stores, cheap vanilla that may-or-may-not-be lethal...lol), and I like that. Is that weird? lol

SO.... we are starting to plan our third cruise (4-5 night)and while a HUGE part of me wants to visit my favorite place again, another part of me thinks that I need to try something new, and stop just going to the same place again and again.

I am just so afraid that I will not go to Cozumel and regret it...

Thoughts?

:::One note... we did NOT like Grand Cayman at all. We went to the sea turtle/aviary/snorkel place and just were not impressed and were not expecting to snorkel in a giant cement pond ;-) We also felt like it was oppressively hot, and the town area was too much like an outlet mall.:::

I don't think you're "crazy". Most Caribbean cruises go either Western or Eastern, so it's common to repeat ports, especially if you cruise often. There are ports we've ended up at many times, and for some of them, we tend to do the same thing every time we visit there.

Perhaps you can mix it up a bit by taking a new-to-you ship, or by having at least one new-to-you port on the itinerary.

You can always vary what you do there... Beach one trip, Mayan ruins the next, port-day spa visit and a late lunch at La Choza on the third trip, etc. (Can't recommend that place enough. Best food for 30 miles, even including the ships specialty restaurants. Most of the cab drivers know it, and all of them can find Avenida 10, between 3rd and Calle Rosado Salas.)

Anyway, my point's mostly that if there's any port in the Western Caribbean where there's a LOT to do, Cozumel is it. I'd always be willing to stop there.

Cozumel, we went to a beach...damn i cant remember the name... Playa del ray or something.... had a big sun picture in front of it... massages on the beach. Playa Mia maybe... I loved Cozumel, but Jamaica Dunnes River was AWESOME.

OK... I have been on two cruises. We went to Paradise Beach based on reviews from here and fell head over heels in love. We actually booked our second cruise just to go to Paradise beach again (because we didn't have time to get passports to just fly to Mexico)!! I also like Cozumel in general... it's kinda 'edgy' (pushy vendors, prescription drug stores, cheap vanilla that may-or-may-not-be lethal...lol), and I like that. Is that weird? lol

SO.... we are starting to plan our third cruise (4-5 night)and while a HUGE part of me wants to visit my favorite place again, another part of me thinks that I need to try something new, and stop just going to the same place again and again.

Thoughts?

:::One note... we did NOT like Grand Cayman at all. We went to the sea turtle/aviary/snorkel place and just were not impressed and were not expecting to snorkel in a giant cement pond ;-) We also felt like it was oppressively hot, and the town area was too much like an outlet mall.:::

A lot of cruises go to new islands plus Coz. I love Coz too! We have gone to Chankanaab several years in a row, if ain't broke ya know? In our case, our next cruise may take us back to Nassau for a 3rd time and we are actually looking to book it that way intentionally (we could skip Nassau the week before but we don't want to) because we found a place we LOVE called Blue Lagoon with sea lions and dolphins you can hug and with great food and it's just paradise.

So feel free to book your cruise back Coz if that's what you know you like. Cruising can be cheaper than flying. If you can pick one that goes to Roatan and Cozumel like ours did last year, or try a new spot but pick one that still goes back to Coz, and then you will have at least once ace in your pocket?

This link will give you info on most of the Coz beaches: http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

If you are looking for an All-inclusive beach club many on these boards suggest Nachi Cocom (smaller, small pool, quiet, relaxing) or Mr. Sanchos (larger - but not as large as PB, water toys, pool, and a little more lively).

Good luck! :)

Thoughts?

So, I have to admit, I'm the same as you. When we first went to Cozumel, we went to Chankanaab and we immediately fell in love with the beauty and everything there was to do there. I had never been to such a beautiful and neat place before.

We also booked our next cruise based on being able to go there. We went again for the second time. We loved it of course. However, the next time we went, we decided as much as we loved Chankanaab...it was time to move on and explore other parts of this port. We decided to go to Nachi Cocom. Everyone on here seems to like it. Well, we really didn't. We kept wishing that we had went back to Chankanaab or found a different place. Don't get me wrong, it was "nice", but it just wasn't "us" and didn't compare to our beloved Chankanaab.

We just went back to Cozumel a few months ago and once again, decided to try something else. We went to Playa Mia while we loved it there (since we were just about the only ones there) and we made a good decision. However, we still find Chankanaab to be our favorite spot so far in Cozumel. :D

We will once again be in Cozumel in 4+ months and I will once again give another place a "shot" at trying to out-do Chankanaab. Maybe I'll try Paradise?? :p

I also have to add, while at first Cozumel was our favorite port (due to Chank), we have since discovered several places in Roatan and it is now our favorite port ever. So, I guess things change...but I can totally relate to how you're feeling. But, the experience of trying new places is well worth it.

What ever you decide, have a great time.

Hello,

I to love Cozumel. I've been to Paradise Beach each time my cruise has stopped in Cozumel. I'm thinking of trying something different on our next stop there in January. The excursion I'm looking at is a 7 hour trip & I'm afraid ill miss out on the shopping in port. Sad isn't it, that that's what I'm thinking? :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to Coz many times....12-14 maybe? We have done the Fury Catamaran, Paradise Beach, Chankanaab, Nachi Cocum, and staying in town dinking, eating and shopping... Depends on our mood what we decide to do.

If you love Chankanaab, why don't you go back?? That's what I would do. You are comparing everything to it and getting disappointed. Go back!!

Kathy

Archived