Vantage Fares & Singles - On BBC Now

Chunky2219

I just got an e-mail on a one-day sale tomorrow of Canada-New England cabins ($999 balcony, $799 inside). If you didn't get it and you live in the States (a) you should call Cunard and try to find out why and (b) in the meantime, the e-mail's content also appears on their web site here.

I've been booked on that cruise for months: you really don't want to know how much my final payment was compared to the current prices (and I don't want to think about it either :eek:) Hope others get to enjoy this voyage at these amazing prices. And I'm hoping I get an ABSOUTELY FANTASIC UPGRADE! Good luck and happy sailing to us all! -S.

Edited to add: Thanks rsquare for the heads up! Regards, -S.

I just got an e-mail on a one-day sale tomorrow of Canada-New England cabins ($999 balcony, $799 inside). If you didn't get it and you live in the States (a) you should call Cunard and try to find out why and (b) in the meantime, the e-mail's content also appears on their web site here.

rsquare, caution: an e-mail address shows on that link. He or she might wish to remove it? Regards, -S

Salacia. I know how that feels......I hope you get a fantastic upgrade as well.

Why do we all now have Whitemarshes avatar???

Thanks brigittetom. "We're so looking forward to just chilling out that they could put us in hammocks in the engine room and we'd sleep happily." (I didn't say that, my husband did!)

The only 'tar I got is on the end of my oar :D Cheers, -Salacia

I did get that e-mail. I wonder how long it will take to sell out the 100 cabins? I'm thinking not long.

available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia

Jolly good. The Vantage price for us in the UK is £2,869 for a balcony and £2,409 for inside, although these prices do include flights. Getaway balconies shown as sold out.

I'm disappointed that it's showing as not available for singles. Cunard UK said they had changed that policy as of September. However, I've also noticed that the wonderfully cheap fares don't seem to be around for September. Perhaps they will come closer to the date.

You in the USA get some great special offers that we don't get here.

I'm disappointed that it's showing as not available for singles. Cunard UK said they had changed that policy as of September. However, I've also noticed that the wonderfully cheap fares don't seem to be around for September. Perhaps they will come closer to the date.

That's why some people book via online travel agents. Sometimes the best deals aren't advertised (well not that I saw anyway). I once scored an awesome deal quite by accident, just by querying varying sectors and getting quotes I stumbled across a wicked deal - even the online agent was surprised at it.

Salacia. I know how that feels......I hope you get a fantastic upgrade as well.

Why do we all now have Whitemarshes avatar???

Did you all have my avatar earlier today? That's weird.

rsquare, caution: an e-mail address shows on that link. He or she might wish to remove it? Regards, -S

Thanks for noticing, I'll be more careful next time. Luckily, it is a secondary address that I keep for commercial use, doesn't matter if it I get spam on that account (in fact, I already do).

Fantasy.....Our deal is for Sept. 10-22.

Just booked at 10:39 ET and they still had choices for midship sheltered balconys.....which is what we always book. Whoa..that was a quick decision.

Fantasy.....Our deal is for Sept. 10-22.

Just booked at 10:39 ET and they still had choices for midship sheltered balconys.....which is what we always book. Whoa..that was a quick decision.

Wow, good for you brigittetom! :) This voyage has an overnight in Quebec (next year there'll be no overnight - it's being replaced with a sea day).

BTW, last night when you mentioned Whitemarsh's avatar appearing on others posts, I thought you were kidding because nothing unsual was showing on my screen :confused: Anyway, if somebody was playing around with the site, I hope the boffins at CC will find the source.

Thanks Salacia, I noticed that and its really a plus. We've only done the Canada/NE trip once on RCL.....it was pouring so hard in QC that most didn't even get off the ship.

Last night....Originally I thought Scrapnana was pulling a funny but then I saw Whitemarches avatar all over the place. Go figure. :)

Fantasy 51, I hope you were paid for your undercover work for the BBC. It would have cost them the price of a holiday for 2 plus wages to put their own people on, which they would have done if you had declined your services. It would be so ironic if the BBC had ripped you off doing unpaid work for a rip off programme.

I am an entertainment agent and know how the BBC work.

Olliesmum, no payment was offered. When they first authorised me to buy a suitable camera for the shooting, I thought I might get to keep it - but no luck!

My thoughts are that if they paid me, they could not use the segment as though it were a member of the public. I think they would have to disclose that I had been paid, and then the authenticity of what I said would be in question. (I may be wrong.)

Olliesmum, no payment was offered. When they first authorised me to buy a suitable camera for the shooting, I thought I might get to keep it - but no luck!

My thoughts are that if they paid me, they could not use the segment as though it were a member of the public. I think they would have to disclose that I had been paid, and then the authenticity of what I said would be in question. (I may be wrong.)

Hi fantasy51. I think you're right. Paying news sources is referred to as checkbook journalism -something that most reputable news organizations avoid doing. http://journalism.about.com/od/ethicsprofessionalism/a/checkbookjournalism.htm

I respect your views Fantasy51 but I'm afraid you have been ripped off. The BBC are very naughty these days. Just about everyone who appears on TV or radio is paid e.g. interviewees in news reports, breakfast TV, The One Show etc. It's nothing to do with being an impartial member of the public, it's to do with union agreements (that also benefit non union people) that go back in the midst of time. However, the BBC don't play fair anymore, I've been dealing with them for nearly 30 years and over the last few years they have gone to the dogs.

I'm afraid that camera has probably gone into the pocket of someone in the production office, it will have gone into the books as "non-receipted expenses for Mr/Ms Fantasy51."

So it's nothing to do with "Chequebook journalism" and the link produced by Salacia refers to the USA: this is the UK. It's not a news source anyway, it was stuff for a consumer programme.

I respect your views Fantasy51 but I'm afraid you have been ripped off. The BBC are very naughty these days. Just about everyone who appears on TV or radio is paid e.g. interviewees in news reports, breakfast TV, The One Show etc. It's nothing to do with being an impartial member of the public, it's to do with union agreements (that also benefit non union people) that go back in the midst of time. However, the BBC don't play fair anymore, I've been dealing with them for nearly 30 years and over the last few years they have gone to the dogs.

I'm afraid that camera has probably gone into the pocket of someone in the production office, it will have gone into the books as "non-receipted expenses for Mr/Ms Fantasy51."

So it's nothing to do with "Chequebook journalism" and the link produced by Salacia refers to the USA: this is the UK. It's not a news source anyway, it was stuff for a consumer programme.

Olliesmum,

Excuse me, perhaps I should have posted this link to BBC Code of Ethical Policy: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/supplying/pdf/BBC_Ethical_Policy.pdf

Nevertheles,

It is interesting that you write a Cunard passenger has been "ripped off" because she received no compensation for her report, which was aired on the BBC. It seems to me that she went to great lengths to report on a situation that she felt needed attention. By all accounts, she achieved her objective: policy has been changed, and CC members have expressed their appreciation for the combined efforts of Fantasy51 and her friends.

On the other hand, you have accused the BBC and "someone in the production office" of unsavory practices. Perhaps you are right, but maybe you are wrong.

All I know is that one passenger made an effort with the support of a few friends - all in good spirit, and made a change.

Regards,

Salacia

Olliesmum,

Excuse me, perhaps I should have posted this link to BBC Code of Ethical Policy: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/supplying/pdf/BBC_Ethical_Policy.pdf

Nevertheles,

It is interesting that you write a Cunard passenger has been "ripped off" because she received no compensation for her report, which was aired on the BBC. It seems to me that she went to great lengths to report on a situation that she felt needed attention. By all accounts, she achieved her objective: policy has been changed, and CC members have expressed their appreciation for the combined efforts of Fantasy51 and her friends.

On the other hand, you have accused the BBC and "someone in the production office" of unsavory practices. Perhaps you are right, but maybe you are wrong.

All I know is that one passenger made an effort with the support of a few friends - all in good spirit, and made a change.

Regards,

Salacia

Agreed.

Olliesmum,

Nevertheles,

Regards,

Salacia

The code of conduct you have downloaded is for people employed by the BBC either as employees or freelance. It's nothing to do with ad hoc contributors to TV or radio programmes.

With the greatest respect I know what I'm talking about and you don't.

The BBC and unsavoury practices.......no, we wont even go there.

Love and peace.

Olliesmum, you may be relieved to know that I have here in front of me an invoice for expenses, saying 'reimbursement of camera equipment expenses' from the BBC. It has remittance number, etc.

They are the documents given to you but what happened to the production company's copy?

As I have said, I know what I am talking about.

I will leave it at that. I just hope you don't find any cruises you try to book in the future fully booked when you try to book them.

Archived