Miami hotels w/restaurants & stores within walking distance

TheShayQueen

Downtown (close to POM) your best bet is the Hampton Inn - Mary Brickell Village; lots of shopping and local dining options nearby. Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn are two other options - closer to Bayside Market with lots of chain dining options. Taxi from MIA will cost about $25-27+tip and another $12+tip cab will get you to POM the next morning.

Near MIA, check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes.

Have a good cruise! :)

We are not renting a car during our pre-cruise overnight stay in Miami. Can anyone recommend a hotel near MIA airport and/or near Port of Miami that has good places to eat and stores within walking distance?

I would highly suggest Intercontinental Downtown Miami. It's a beautiful hotel right across the street from Bayside Market. Don't know your dates, but it's usually a great price on LMT. It's within easy walking distance to dept. stores, pharmacies, liquor stores, and great restaurants (Fratelli Milano to name one). Also it's only half a mile from the port.

I got it for next month for 3 nights for $85/night.

You have many options.

Personally, I prefer the restaurants at Mary Brickell much more than those at Bayside. To me there is no comparison. If you like Italian there is Perricone's but there are 30 or more there.

You have lots of options. If you like to walk you can walk from the Intercontinental and that will be about a 20 to 30 minute walk. You could walk from other hotels such as the Marriott Marquis the Hyatt and the Holiday Inn Bayside and the walk would be about the same. Those hotels are also five to ten minutes from Bayside. Again, I prefer Mary Brickell.

Closer by is the Hampton Inn which is a very short walk to Mary Brickell. Other options include the Marriott and the Conrad and the Four Seasons just to name a few.

Bayside does have more shopping that Mary Brickell but Mary Brickell has more one of a kind kinds of stores and is nice in my opinion.

A lot of this comes down to budget.

Downtown (close to POM) your best bet is the Hampton Inn - Mary Brickell Village; lots of shopping and local dining options nearby. Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn are two other options - closer to Bayside Market with lots of chain dining options. Taxi from MIA will cost about $25-27+tip and another $12+tip cab will get you to POM the next morning.

Near MIA, check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes.

Have a good cruise! :)

Thank you so much for this helpful information.

I would highly suggest Intercontinental Downtown Miami. It's a beautiful hotel right across the street from Bayside Market. Don't know your dates, but it's usually a great price on LMT. It's within easy walking distance to dept. stores, pharmacies, liquor stores, and great restaurants (Fratelli Milano to name one). Also it's only half a mile from the port.

I got it for next month for 3 nights for $85/night.

WOW...you got a room for only $85/night???? :eek: What is LMT? I'm going to guess and say Last Minute Travel....:confused:. Our cruise is not until April 12, 2014 but I like to research early and plan ahead.

You have many options.

Personally, I prefer the restaurants at Mary Brickell much more than those at Bayside. To me there is no comparison. If you like Italian there is Perricone's but there are 30 or more there.

You have lots of options. If you like to walk you can walk from the Intercontinental and that will be about a 20 to 30 minute walk. You could walk from other hotels such as the Marriott Marquis the Hyatt and the Holiday Inn Bayside and the walk would be about the same. Those hotels are also five to ten minutes from Bayside. Again, I prefer Mary Brickell.

Closer by is the Hampton Inn which is a very short walk to Mary Brickell. Other options include the Marriott and the Conrad and the Four Seasons just to name a few.

Bayside does have more shopping that Mary Brickell but Mary Brickell has more one of a kind kinds of stores and is nice in my opinion.

A lot of this comes down to budget.

Very helpful info as well, thank you! And I absolutely LOVE Italian food. You might have sold me on the Mary Brickell area with that alone. :D

Thank you so much for this helpful information.

WOW...you got a room for only $85/night???? :eek: What is LMT? I'm going to guess and say Last Minute Travel....:confused:. Our cruise is not until April 12, 2014 but I like to research early and plan ahead.

I would expect room prices at the IC and every other hotel to be much higher in April (Easter and the end of the high tourist season) than the other poster found in August - can you imagine August, in Miami! :eek:

Not that DC is especially cool right now. :o

TheShayQueen, this is the web site for Perriocone's. We have been going there for several years now.

http://www.perricones.com

Keith

My mouth started watering after looking over the menu. Thank you for the website link.

I would expect room prices at the IC and every other hotel to be much higher in April (Easter and the end of the high tourist season) than the other poster found in August - can you imagine August, in Miami! :eek:

Not that DC is especially cool right now. :o

When I checked IC for April 2014, it was around $300/night. August in Miami is TOO hot and humid for me - even though the DMV feels like 110 today :rolleyes:.

• 1 month later...
Is the liquor store still a couple streets back behind the Holiday Inn? Or is there a closer one now? I haven't stayed there since 2007. Thanks!

If you just want basic wine there is a CVS within two minutes of the Holiday Inn or you could get to Publix which is about a 20 minute walk or a short cab ride for a large selection of wine.

Keith

Archived