more reviews=more questions

glm7777

I've spent the past few days reading every review I can on the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda and each review just makes me realize how much there is to learn and how little I know. I am a first time cruiser and my 23 yr old daughter and I will be sailing late May or early June. Here are a few of my questions:

1. Looking at the dallies, I see so many activities - are all the activites free (ie: bingo, deal or no deal, cooking demos, etc)

2. My daughter is currently single and would love to meet some new friends. Even though we are travelling together, can she still participate in the solo travelers meet and greet if they have one?

3. Is there a charge for soda and if so, is there a soda card that can be purchased?

4. Where can you make reservations for the Dining Room before the trip - on the NCL website?

I think that's it for now - I'm sure I'll have more!! :eek:

I've spent the past few days reading every review I can on the Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda and each review just makes me realize how much there is to learn and how little I know. I am a first time cruiser and my 23 yr old daughter and I will be sailing late May or early June. Here are a few of my questions:

1. Looking at the dallies, I see so many activities - are all the activites free (ie: bingo, deal or no deal, cooking demos, etc)

2. My daughter is currently single and would love to meet some new friends. Even though we are travelling together, can she still participate in the solo travelers meet and greet if they have one?

3. Is there a charge for soda and if so, is there a soda card that can be purchased?

4. Where can you make reservations for the Dining Room before the trip - on the NCL website?

I can answer a few for you.

1. Bingo and deal or no deal costs. Don't know about cooking demos. I believe it shows on the dallies if there is a charge.

2. I don't see why not.

3. Yes there is a charge for soda and I believe there is a soda card you can purchase.

4. I don't believe you can make reservations for the dining room, but can for specialty restaurants on line in your reservation.

If I'm incorrect on any of my answers, please correct me.

Absolutely no reason to book dining room before going. That's what "Freestyle" is all about. Why lock yourself into a specific dinner time for seven nights?

If you are asking about "for pay" venues, don't be concerned. I have never had a problem eating when I wanted to. The only one to consider ahead of time is Teppanyaki. It sells out pretty fast.

The soda card will cost you araund $50.00 apiece. If you drink more than

three a day, it's a bargain.

You can watch deal or no deal for free, but it costs to play. Same with bingo. Cooking demos and the like are free and probably held in the atrium.

They have in the dailies all of the meetups and events. She can participate no problem provided shes of the appropriate age. (For drinking and clubbing and whatever)

You CAN make reservations for dining ahead (its like 2 weeks before the cruise), but like another poster said, you can book on the ship just as easily.

Soda and or specialty drinks cost money, water, tea, milk and coffee are free. You can ask for water at any place that serves drinks and itll be free.

here is the info on the soda card for adults:

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.50 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

oh...and the first day counts but not the last day

Thank you so much for all your help! I am starting to get really excited about this cruise!!!
Most of us have "been there, done that," and we're really excited for you. :D We're cruising on the Dawn next year and are really looking forward to being on her; she gets very, very good reviews.

Archived