Update on Carnival website

It really should be up now according to the following maintenance schedule.

Hello Fun Planners,

We regularly conduct maintenance updates to our web site to maintain performance. These updates may require our web site or interactive online services to be unavailable for scheduled periods of time.

We would like to inform you that we will be performing maintenance to GoCCL.com on the following days:

• Friday, July 19, 2013, 11:00 PM to 9:30 AM EST

• Sunday, July 21, 2013, 1:00 AM to 1:15 AM EST

We’re really sorry for the inconvenience this might cause, but as always thank you for your patience.

Carnival's astonishingly kludgy website is the company's own worst enemy.

Maybe my king bed selection will stop changing to 2 twin beds once this "maintenance" is complete..... :rolleyes:

It won't matter anyway. Carnival is batting 0-for-2 with me regarding beds...despite the reservation the beds have never been set up correctly. ("We'll have them taken care of before you're back from dinner.")

I can't get it to work with Chrome, but can with Firefox. On IE, it comes up but dies when I try to go anywhere.

I cleared everything and rebooted once to see if it would come up with Chrome as that is my default.

I called 1-888-CARNIVAL.

Had to go through the menu to get to the Website Issues department. I had to wait on hold a little bit...all reps were busy. Maybe lots of people are calling to complain.

She wanted to know if I was using IE. Yes, I am. She said to clear my cookies. I did and it still doesn't work.

And what difference does it make if I'm using IE? Their site should work.

The other cruise lines have nice websites that are easy to navigate. Why can't Carnival get their crap straightened out? Their site seems like a high school project.

I'll try again tomorrow and thanks for letting me say what I wanted to say to the rep but didn't.

A few hours age I was still getting the message when I tried to go in thru my bookmarks so I typed carnival.com in the address bar and have had no problems since then. Deleted the old bookmark and entered the new one.

It didn't work at first, but then I went through Google, clicked on their website from there, and now, finally

typing directly didn't work for me but going to google did this is ridiculous.

Just tried the google thing...finally was able to get in.

Thank you!!

Been trying to give Carnival more money myself , have not had any luck with google or other browsers , so I went to That Heald guys blog and clicked the link he has on his page , and wouldn't you know it , I got on . weird

Archived