rci honolulu to sydney will we need coats

please can anyone help i know it sounds a silly question but we are from uk where we need coats all yr round (although we are having a rare heat wave at the moment)

we are going sept to oct will we need coats??

we will obviously take jumpers & umbrellas

thankyou

please can anyone help i know it sounds a silly question but we are from uk where we need coats all yr round (although we are having a rare heat wave at the moment)

we are going sept to oct will we need coats??

we will obviously take jumpers & umbrellas

thankyou

No you won't need coats. We did the Honolulu to Sydney itinerary back in 2011 and it was pleasantly warm. A light jacket will be sufficient.

No you won't need coats. We did the Honolulu to Sydney itinerary back in 2011 and it was pleasantly warm. A light jacket will be sufficient.

I concur with Patti especially as you will be sailing from Honolulu down to Australia.

Our summer officially begins on December 1 but it starts to warm up from October. Our winters can be equivalent to your milder summer days.

Remember also that the top section of Australia is very close to the Equator and the lower states (Tasmania, Victoria and to some degree South Australia) are much closer to the Antartic.

This is the reason we prefer to travel to our NORTHERN areas during our cooler months (May - August) and south during the hot summer months (November - February).

The FAR NORTH is usually hot, humid and wet during our summer months and the FAR SOUTH is usually very cold with some snow during our winter months.

The mid-season months of March, April, September and October are usually fine for travelling anywhere here DOWN UNDER.

Whatever you experience weather-wise during your visit here, I wish you Happy Travels! We are on the whole a very friendly bunch of people:D so don't be shy - just ask if you need assistance and someone will be willing to assist.

Gae

This is not for DH & I as we have cruised but more for the daughter and SIL, going from Sydney to Honolulu during mid April what might we expect regarding sea conditions. They will be on their first cruise,well 2nd really. The first is NZ.

Firstly, in relation to NZ, it is always cooler there as it's closer to the Antartic though I believe that the North Island have some very warm days during February as do we in Australia.

Next about the cruise from Sydney to Honolulu mid-April - I'm sorry but I'm not a weather forcaster :) but any cyclones would be more unusual at that time of the year as they usually build up during our hot summer months.

Having said that, it's often the cruise over the Tasman Sea between Australia and NZ that some report can be a bit "bumpy" though we experienced very mild seas during November-December last year so it's all in the lap of the Gods!

If you're susepitible (sp?) to sea-sickness then it's wise to be dosed up but it's always better to be mid-ship on the lower decks for less movement if it's a problem for you.

I hope that helps a little! Gae

Are you on the Radiance or the Rhapsody? The Rhapsody doesn't go to NZ on the repositioner but the Radiance does. The Radiance does Picton and Wellington. If you choose the Radiance, take a jacket in case you get a cool day in the Marlborough/Picton or of course, Wellington.

Cheers

Di

Gae we are not bother by rough seas but our daughter and husband sister will be doing their first cruise with us and was wondering for those who have cruised the Sydney to Honolulu route during April how are the seas normally. Cruise one 13 day NZ, Sydney to Sydney w/o Tasmania, April 10, Syd to Honolulu. Like I say my husband & I are not bothered by the rocking as a matter of fact we think it is kind of fun. In regards to weather, I am always checking the weather for the areas we are visiting.:)

Evening Di, we are on the Radiance and will plan to bring a jacket with hood. We visit Picton then Wellington before heading out into the South Pacific.

Gay

Gae we are not bother by rough seas but our daughter and husband sister will be doing their first cruise with us and was wondering for those who have cruised the Sydney to Honolulu route during April how are the seas normally. Cruise one 13 day NZ, Sydney to Sydney w/o Tasmania, April 10, Syd to Honolulu. Like I say my husband & I are not bothered by the rocking as a matter of fact we think it is kind of fun. In regards to weather, I am always checking the weather for the areas we are visiting.:)

Evening Di, we are on the Radiance and will plan to bring a jacket with hood. We visit Picton then Wellington before heading out into the South Pacific.

Gay

We did SYD to HNL in April 2012...and I don't think we had even one rough day. :D:):D Australian passengers said the Tasman Sea might be rough, but it wasn't.

Hi Gay, our trip up in April started in 12m swells:eek: but like you we think its a bit of fun - just have to make sure I've taken my Bonine. We have also done the same trip and had no rough seas at all.

Have you got plans for Picton because I have a fabulous lady who does great tours, especially the wineries.

Cheers

Di

Di I have set up the Panoramic Blenheim & scenic cruise of Queen Charlotte Sound thru the ship.

Gay

Hi Gay, Enjoy - Charlotte Sound is beautiful as is the Marlborough Sound which you will go through to get into Picton (especially if you are coming in in the morning).

Cheers

Di

According to our Itinerary we arrive in Picton around 10 AM and depart at 8 PM. What I haven't figured out, is why we arrive in Wellington at 2 AM and leave at 4 PM.

Gay

There isn't a great distance between the two islands - I hope they don't start their refuelling as soon as they get into Wellington. You do seem to be leaving

Wellington a little early though and it won't be that there is another ship docking because Wellington can take three ships at once.

My hard drive went on my PC on the weekend but as soon as Tony fixes it, I will post you some photos of both the Marlborough Sounds and where the ship docks in Picton. I will put them over on your roll call.

Cheers

Di

Archived