Tips for healthy eating on a cruise ship-Nutri Bullet?

Cairnmom

My husband has just purchased a Nutri-Bullet and is super motivated to continue the recipes while cruising. I'm sure we can't bring that onboard. Right? We have 2 cruises in the next 4 weeks and I'm sure he will fall of the wagon. I know the dining room offers healthy options and we plan to work out every day. Any other suggestions?

Edited by Cairnmom

How long is your cruise? Will one week of cruising make that much of a difference in your husband's healthy fruit regime?

Cruise ships have so much wonderful fresh fruit and wonderful vegetable dishes, I just don't see a need to have to process it all in a blender while on a cruise. Furthermore, your husband would have to lug fruit and veggies from the buffet to your cabin and blend it and then dispose of all the residue and clean up the blender in the tiny cabin sink.

I just can't see going to all that trouble on a cruise.

But--if it really is that important to him, there is no harm in trying. The Fruit Ninja might be confiscated when you check your bags, but it will be returned to you at the end of the cruise. You might be able to get it through in your bags. It is a gamble though.

How long is your cruise? Will one week of cruising make that much of a difference in your husband's healthy fruit regime?

Cruise ships have so much wonderful fresh fruit and wonderful vegetable dishes, I just don't see a need to have to process it all in a blender while on a cruise. Furthermore, your husband would have to lug fruit and veggies from the buffet to your cabin and blend it and then dispose of all the residue and clean up the blender in the tiny cabin sink.

I just can't see going to all that trouble on a cruise.

But--if it really is that important to him, there is no harm in trying. The Fruit Ninja might be confiscated when you check your bags, but it will be returned to you at the end of the cruise. You might be able to get it through in your bags. It is a gamble though.

Fruit Ninja-LOL! We decided not to take it and he is doing fine with the fruit and veggie options on the buffet and the lean offerings in the dining room. He has will power that I do not!

• 6 months later...
Coincidentally my son bought a Fruit Ninja-- oh, I mean Nutri Bullet-- this last weekend. I am very eager to see what he thinks of it. If he likes it, I might very well end up buying one too!

Have a great time on your cruise...and eat healthily. It can be done.

I love my Nutribullet. I make a raw food smoothie in the morning. I like kale(!) with tofu (Costco: 1 box = lifetime supply!), banana, and other fruit like cranberries, strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries. Now I am adding MSM powder and a little Benefiber.

For Cairnmom:

I checked and on one Norwegian cruise they offered smoothies I think it was with carrots and other things. The search button isn't working right now. I wish they would have smoothie bars like the coffee bars where you could order what you like! I'm sure we aren't the only ones who love smoothies.

For the cruise you can tell the maitre d' you would like lower calorie options. When I was doing Weight Watchers Celebrity was great about that. They would show me the next night's menu and make suggestions. I couldn't pass on some of the very special deserts and on those nights I went to the gym and stayed on the bike for an hour. (The ships we've taken have had salmon or chicken as an option every night.)

But normally we walk so much in ports that we stay about the same. My husband is an avid hiker, and he walks around the top deck or shoots basketball hoops. I think you can do great!

Edited by KCcruisin07

This is crazy. OP was seriously contemplating bringing a juicer/blender onto a cruise ship? I bet others who may be reading this thread are also, now that it has been bumped.

I don't want to sound rude, but it sounds very strange to me to envision someone going to the windjammer, filling a bowl with fruits/veggies, and instead of sitting down and eating them, they instead opt to scurry back to the confines of their cabin to dump it into a blender. Not to mention the pain of cleaning this blender.

Doesn't sound like an enjoyable vacation to me, but to each their own.

Edited by snorkelman

...to each his own. Some people try to bring liquor, others their Nutri-Bullets. People are trying to be healthier, and some go for juicing, others smoothies. In our small village south of Sedona with a population of 6,000 and countless tourists we have one new vegan/juice cafe and another being considered.

I wish cruise ships had them!