Boston - disembark

rm1247

We're arriving in Boston from a transatlantic cruise. We've never been to this port before and are wondering what disembarking is like. Any guesses as to how early the walk-offs can get off the ship? What about normal disembarking? The ship is scheduled to arrive in port at 6am.

We are renting a car from the airport and then driving home. There are several in our group and we're thinking about one of us doing the walk-off to go get the car and then return for the rest of us. How long would it take for that person to disembark, hire a taxi to the airport, rent the car (already reserved), and return to the port? We have a 6 hour drive home, so we want to get on our way in a reasonable amount of time. We can all do the express walk-off if that will save us a couple of hours of waiting.

Thanks for your help!

I can't answer how long it will take you to get off.

But for the person getting the car, just walk to the Silver Line T station, pay the $2.50, take the Silver Line bus to the airport, pick a terminal, then get on the rental car shuttle.

They're anxious to get home. The Silver Line early on a Sunday morning will not run as often as a weekday.

I'm on the same cruise. Which rental car are you using? Do you know if it's actually at the airport or off airport towards Revere? I'd have your husband take a cab. The round trip drive time should be no more than 45 minutes, if that. Add on time for the paperwork and you have you're estimate.

If you're husband rents the car alone, then he would be be the only registered driver. Is he driving the whole distance back to Pennsylvania?

It's from Budget, and the location is listed as Boston Logan International Airport.

Do I have to be present to add my name as a driver or can I just send my driver's license with him? He does tend to do the majority of the driving, but I usually take over for an hour or so. I guess we'll all go together if I have to be present. We've never done express walk-off and I'm trying to decide if we want to deal with the luggage.

Call them and ask - 617-497-3733

The other thing to find out about is whether you will have problems with customs and immigration if you split up and don't go through together as a "family".

Hmmm, something else I hadn't considered. Thanks!

Archived