Best Seafood in Galveston?

There are a number of great restaurants on the island.

Shrimp & Stuff is a popular low cost place - fried seafood - 39th & Ave O

Olympia at Pier 21 - Greek - on the port - pricey by seafood comes from Katie's at Pier 19 (where I buy my fresh seafood)

Saltwater Grill 21st & Post Office - Mediterranean - fresh. pricey, good!

Gaido's & Casey's Seawall between 37th & 39th - fresh, well known. Casey's is less expensive

check out Galveston.com for restaurants and their menus

Had dinner at the Olympia Grill last night. The food was fabulous and I love the fusion of Greek food and seafood. Had a Greek salad followed by shrimp and spinach pasta. Delicious!

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk 2

Not strictly a seafood restaurant but we had lunch at Yaga's Cafe today. The seafood flautas for an appetizer to share were amazing, and I loved the salmon with mango salsa with garlic mashed potatoes was to die for. My daughter loved the mango Cajun salmon salad. There were many yummy looking seafood items on the menu, so it was hard to decide!

Gaido's was worth the wait! I had the pecan-crusted Scottish salmon. Yum!

Yes the restaurant is legendary.

Great, glad you enjoyed it.

Are they taking reservations now?

Had dinner at the Olympia Grill last night. The food was fabulous and I love the fusion of Greek food and seafood. Had a Greek salad followed by shrimp and spinach pasta. Delicious!

Hey Claire glad you enjoyed our favorite place.

While your in Galveston we are back in SF being tourists. Going to watch some of the Americas Cup prelims and enjoy some SF seafood:D

Love my Dungeness crab cioppino :o

Enjoy your cruise, look forward to hearing what you think of Galveston and the Magic

While your in Galveston we are back in SF being tourists. Going to watch some of the Americas Cup prelims and enjoy some SF seafood:D

Enjoy your cruise, look forward to hearing what you think of Galveston and the Magic

Jon

Enjoy your trip and the good foods out there!

Hi Jon! Hope you have been enjoying The City! We loved Galveston and the Magic! Our three seafood meals in Galveston were a definite highlight of our trip, as was the Harbor House. The other highlight was the ferry with all the dolphins!

Hi Jon! Hope you have been enjoying The City! We loved Galveston and the Magic! Our three seafood meals in Galveston were a definite highlight of our trip, as was the Harbor House. The other highlight was the ferry with all the dolphins!

Where did you eat your seafood?

Thank you, Galveston Cruiser. You, Jon, SSB, and others in this forum were instrumental in making our stay in Galveston a very enjoyable experience!

DH, DS, DIL & I will spend the money at the places recommended but some of our group won't be willing to :(. That said, can you give me recommendations for good quality but more affordable places to eat? Thanks in advance!!

DH, DS, DIL & I will spend the money at the places recommended but some of our group won't be willing to :(. That said, can you give me recommendations for good quality but more affordable places to eat? Thanks in advance!!

Shrimp and stuff

Millers

Original Mexican

Queens BBQ

Nicks

Happy hours M - F 4-7

Olympia grill ( ask for hh menu)

Spot

Saltgrass

Shrimp N'Stuff at 39th and Ave O

Fried, but an island favorite.

Yaga's on the Strand

If you are on the island Monday - Friday, most restaurants have incredible happy hours from 4-7 offering food at a much lower price.

We did go to Yaga's and it was affordable and delicious. That said, all the restaurants we tried in Galveston were affordable compared to the prices we are used to for similar restaurants in large cities.

Archived