Time & Place Falmouth, Jamaica

PinkLindsayGA

It was perfect and amazing! I am going to be doing a full review with pictures later today or tomorrow. Book it!

Really looking forward to what you have to say and to see your pics. If you have anything you can say about the facilities and small children, please share!

If your looking for a Sandals Resort then this isn't the place for you, but If you are wanting a truly authentic Jamaican day then this is the place to go! I truly felt like I had been to Jamaica and not just the some tourist-centered port area.

We were picked up by a very friendly gentleman at the Scotia Bank not far from the Port gates. We never felt unsafe walking to the bank or waiting. We took a short 10 minute ride to Time N Place and enjoyed a great conversation with our driver. Typically Harvel picks up all the guests but he had another errand to run that morning.

We were the only guests there when we arrived. The view was breath taking. The coverings and buildings are made of left over wood and tin and the wooden tables and beach chairs are all mismatch giving it a cozy and authentic feel. The owner Tony immediatly greeted us and invited us to take a look around and set our belongings where ever we liked. I felt completly comfortable leaving our bags and towels in a chair and walking around. Tony is friendly and so funny. He was the perfect host!

There are two bathrooms next to each other which also are used as changing areas. They are rustic, but serve their purpose. We settled our things down in two beach chairs under one of the coverings and immediatly took a dip in the crystal clear waters. Tony kept the beach raked from any seaweed that may have washed ashore. The water is shallow enough that you can play with small children right along the beach.The sand was nice, and water shoes weren't needed. Everytime we got in the water it was mostly in the same area, but I didn't notice any drop offs. If you have small children you could ask Harvel about drop offs and I'm sure he would know.

Soon another van arrived with six more guests also from the ship. The eight of us had the whole place to ourselves for the day. There is a sea kayak for guest use, and wifi in the cottage courtyard.

When we were ready for a drink we headed over to the bar. Tony met us at the bar and informed us that they are on a honor system and that if no one is there when we are ready for another drink to just make it or grab it ourselves and mark it on the pad next to our name. Can you believe it? An honor system at a bar! The Red Stripes were cold and only $2.50. We didn't have any mixed drinks, but there were bottles of liquor there. I didn't notice a frozen drink machine though.

There were three dogs who obviously love to call Time N Place home. They were sweet animals who would stay with you all day long if you paid them attention or wander off if you didn't. Harvel is the business side of Time N Place. He checked on us several times to make sure we didn't need anything, and told us just to let him know when we wanted anthing from the kitchen.

When we saw the other cruisers order food we ordered too to make it easier for them. I am not a big fan of spicy food, but wanted to try the jerk chicken so my hubby and I got one order to start off with to share. Just a few minutes later we were brought a large plate with AMAZING chicken, peas and rice, and their version of cole slaw. It was delicious and filled us both up.

There were three Jamaican guys there who my husband talked to for quite awhile and one of the men played dominos with the other guests at one of the tables. The three men all made wooden sculptures and jewelry and at different times asked if we would like to see them. We agreed and they got their wares to show us. They were not pushy and we bought a souviner from each of them. Tony obviously lets them come with the understanding that they are not to hassle his guests.

When we were ready to leave we simply told Harvel and he took us back to the port walk in. They also have cottages they rent for over night guests.

Of the four ports we visited on our cruise Jamaica and Time N Place were our favorite. We loved it so much we are considering skipping our yearly September cruise next year and just going to Jamaica and using Time N Place as a base point.

I can't get the pictures to upload but I will also put this review on trip advisor where I can add lots of pictures. If you have any questions I didn't cover feel free to ask!

Thank you Pink! This sound ideal for what I want.

Do they have bottled water available for sale?

We never asked for bottled water, so I can't say for sure, but probably so. They have a website where you make your reservations and they email address is on there. Harvel was great about responding promptly!

Remember that their time is an hour behind ship time so if you book a ten o'clock pick up time it's gonna be eleven o'clock ship time and most ships dock at 10 so if you get off the boat then you would have an hour, but it only took us about 15 minutes to walk there.

Yes, I think allure docks at 1030 (ship time) so that would give us 30 minutes to get off the ship and make it to the pick up point.

Thanks a lot for answering all these questions!

No problem! You can ask the port officials who are right outside the gates but when you walk out the gates you turn right then go to the next right and the bank is on the right. People will ask you about tours but we just told them we were already meeting someone and they left us alone.

We got there pretty early so we just stood on the porch of the bank and when he pulled up he just asked us were waiting on Time N Place. There weren't any other drivers coming up right there and the people inside the bank are familiar with Harvel and people waiting to be picked up by him.

Your welcome! I know y'all will have a fabulous time!

I think we are going to bite the bullet and go during our December cruise.

Did you notice any fish/snorkeling or is it basically a sand bottomed beach?

I thought I read something about alot of sea urchins there...Is this correct?

We enjoy adventuresome excursions rather than the run of the mill cruise ship ones....I'm really looking forward to this. I'm a bit apprehensive about being hassled outside the port gates, but sure we'll manage.

We've been to Samana, Roatan, Dominica and Guatemala which we were warned about....Had the best time at all of those places!

Thanks

Barbara