The dreaded 305 area code call!

Kcarp

I have taken my name off the contact me list on their website. I do not log in to their site until I'm ready to book. I have had numerous conversations with PVP on how they can get me a better price. They can't, they are looking at the same booking screen I am. Why do they call me constantly? The calls just keep on coming! I feel like I'm be harassed now. I guess I will have to try and block their numbers through my provider. I like cruising with Carnival, however I don't need someone to hold my hand to book a cruise.

I have taken my name off the contact me list on their website. I do not log in to their site until I'm ready to book. I have had numerous conversations with PVP on how they can get me a better price. They can't, they are looking at the same booking screen I am. Why do they call me constantly? The calls just keep on coming! I feel like I'm be harassed now. I guess I will have to try and block their numbers through my provider. I like cruising with Carnival, however I don't need someone to hold my hand to book a cruise.

It's their job?

Is it so hard to ignore the call or better yet pick up say not interested and hang up..

Our PVP was calling me way to often: I just had to tell him in not a nice voice don't you ever ring my phone again. He had booked a cold call cruise 3 or 4 years before for us.

Long story short when I was ready to book I called him ! he has worked long & hard for us. So glad I just cussed him out but kept his ext # :eek:

Just told him again today he was great.

Wouldn't tell you cuss them out but it sure stopped the calls for us. :D

It's threads like this that make me grateful to have the same PVP since 2005 and who knows all of my preferences, including not calling unless I request a call. :)

Op

How do you feel when telemarketers call you? Or the local blood bank wanting a donation?

I don't answer, just Google the phone number and put them on the the leave me alone list.

If you are serious about this Really?, ask to be placed on their Do Not Call list. If they still call, then ask for a manager and advise that person they are not honoring your DNC request.

Please start over and read post #1

I don't keep a land line, and only answer my cell phone about once a month (seriously), and then only because I'm expecting a call. Everyone who knows me, knows that I don't enjoy chatting on the phone, and unless it's extremely urgent, don't bother calling. Needless to say, I only use a prepaid phone, and my minutes come out to about $50 per year.

If a call comes from Carnival, I don't pick up. A couple of times, they've left the autocall message to please arrive between 1 and 3 for my cruise (ignored). I believe I've also set my preferences on the website -- not to call with promotions and pitches. Not sure about that, but I've never received a pitch by phone from them. If they started, I would raise H about it.

Think I'm going to go with a TA next time too. I decided to switch itineraries and while that was easy, each time I logged into website it showed the old itinerary. I called my pvp and she asked me, as if i were a complete moron, why i didnt just log in with my confirmation number. I explained I wanted to make sure that I was not going to find an error on my banking statement somehow. I got such attitude like I was really inconveniencing her. She then said she could transfer me to technical department but I would probably be on hold a very long time. They had made the sale so why bother with customer service I guess. Next time they call me with their sales pitch I will tell them they missed the boat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

My DD and SIL went on a cruise in April and I kept their two kids. Well my cell phone rang with that number so I didn't answer. Then my grandsons phone rang with the same number!! It was my DD calling to see how everything was going. They were using the ships phone but it showed up as the number I have in my phone under Carnival Booking.

Next time you get a call from them, ask them not to call you again. Inform them that you will submit a complaint to the FCC if they continue to call. In the past, I got a call once a week. After saying this, I have not received another call. If they continue to call, submit a complaint.

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/unwanted-telephone-marketing-calls

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Change the phone number in your profile to Carnival's! Problem solved. :p

Well why don't you put out your phone number and then you can answer how you feel about unwanted calls at all times of the night:)

Thanks for the laugh :)

Just getting ready for hurricane Sandy and I got the call too from my PVP(have never had one lol) for the specials for the Pride out of Baltimore

First of all, what I find creepy is when they call right after I visit the Carnival website. They track the website usage through the cookies, so they know when I'm on the site. But it just discourages me from visiting the site because I really don't want them to call. If I'm looking for something about Carnival or a Carnival cruise, I'll go anywhere other than their website to avoid the creepy calls.

If I get an unwanted call, I will politely answer and politely decline to take part in the conversation. If the caller is persistent, he/she will get one opportunity to respect my wishes. After that, I will suddenly sound very cheerful and enthusiastic about the conversation and ask the caller if he/she "can hang on for a second". Then I'll turn on a radio or TV and place the phone next to it and leave it there and walk away. I can come back later and see how long the caller waited for me to come back before he/she gave up. Average is 5-7 minutes, but I consider it a winner if I got them to hang on for more than 10 minutes.

It works great with telemarketers!

Just talk to your PVP, mine knows me, might call me ONCE after I (accidentally was logged in) to look around, but he KNOWS when I am ready to book, he's my man. And he looks out for me! I always book early saver, he knows my preferences, and if I gave him the date and ship, he would know exactly would room to book for me. Any issues or questions, he always gets back to me ASAP, and if he can't answer it, he leads me in the right direction. I wouldn't give up my PVP for the world!

Archived