The dreaded 305 area code call!

Kcarp

If you have booked a cruise with carnival you have an Established Business Relationship with them and the DNC rules are different:

A telephone solicitation is a telephone call that acts as an advertisement. The term does not include calls or messages placed with your express prior permission, by or on behalf of a tax-exempt non-profit organization, or from a person or organization with which you have an established business relationship (EBR).
An EBR exists if you have made an inquiry, application, purchase or transaction regarding products or services offered by the person or entity involved. Generally, you may put an end to that relationship by telling the person or entity not to place any more solicitation calls to your home. Additionally, the EBR is only in effect for 18 months after your last business transaction or three months after your last inquiry or application.
After these time periods, calls placed to your home phone number or numbers by that person or entity are considered telephone solicitations subject to the do-not-call rules.

When I worked with a credit card company I had to explain this to people all the time, especially when the accounts were open. I explained many times we have an internal do not call list, but if there is a problem with your account we will call you and we're allowed to do so.

I can't tell you how many credit card accounts I locked when good Samaritans would find the card and call us to let us know the card is not in the cardholders possession. They would see the name of the company I worked for and dump the call (not even into voice mail) so I would put a block on the account that no further transactions could go through until we were contacted.

My PVP told me if you get to a certain point in the reservation process it triggers them to call you directly.

So that certain point in the process is the "inquiry" and they're legally allowed to call you even if you're on the DNC list.

After my husband and I went on our cruise, I got called and he didn't. Now, DH is the planner. Although he asks my input on everything, I just like to show up and enjoy my vacation. They were barking up the wrong tree!

My husband ended up picking a PVP on recommendation from someone on here and was very happy with that PVP.

Got of CCL Dream on 3/2. A month later my cell phone got that call to book a summer cruise. I can see if they saw I hadn't cruised in 6 months to a yr. 1.5 months is a bit much. I chalked it up to desperation. This was not "our" pvp, just a guy told to rebook as many as he could, I guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

I remember seeing a call from 305 area code on our landline a couple weeks ago, wondered who it was but just figured it was a telemarketer. Now I know it was probably from Carnival, but they didn't leave a message. Seems like they would. I don't have a cruise booked with them, and don't plan to cruise with them the next time we do go. We are seriously thinking about having our landline taken out. We mostly use our cell phones now, rarely use the landline to make a call and 99% of calls we receive on it are from unwanted telemarketers....oh, and my Mom. ;) She can learn to call my cell though.

Wow never had 1 call and cruise 3-4 times a year. My PVP does call when requested.

Same here. OP might change to a PVP that doesn't call unless you contact them. Ours knows that when we are ready we will contact her.

Every time I logged on to their web site I got a call. I emailed Carnival about it. I got really rude with the guy because he kept calling. "Did I have any questions" NO NOT SINCE YOU CALLED LAST WEEK WHEN I DIDN"T HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!!

Was it your birthday? My PVP-Liz calls to tell me Happy Birthday. and she usually calls a day or two before I sail and tells me to have a great trip. And other than that she doesn't call unless I call her first. Liz is awesome! She is very helpful when I need her and doesn't call and bother me when I don't. I appreciate that she calls me to say have a great trip or happy birthday.

Op

How do you feel when telemarketers call you? Or the local blood bank wanting a donation?

If you are on the Do Not Call list, and if a telemarketer keeps harassing you, then report them to the FCC. One telemarketer kept calling me, so I went to their Facebook and posted some not so nice things. They really got p*ssed at me and told me I had no right to do what I did. I answered back and the calls stopped. I also reported them to the BBB, and the Contractor's Licensing Board.

Carnival is not the only one that does this. Every time I log on to different sites I always get a call, its Tom from NCL and John from RCCL. Sometimes I log on just to see how long it takes them to call me back. :p

I ignored a 305 call the other day. I thought it was the infamous "Please arrive at port between 1 and 3" call, as I sail in about two weeks. They left a message, but I didn't check it right away.

Fast forward a few hours, I finally checked the message to discover it was the upgrade fairy wanting to tell me about the owner's suite. Called back immediately, but someone else had already upgraded... :mad:

I think Carnival has gotten more aggressive with the cold calls this year. I have a PVP, and she's only ever called me once that wasn't requested. But right around the time I was 12 months out from my last CCL cruise, I started getting calls from a host of different people at Carnival wanting to tell me about their cruising opportunities. I wonder if they have an automated list builder, so they call people who haven't cruised with them for 12 months.

Needless to say, I ignored them all, when it came time to book I called my PVP.

If you are on the Do Not Call list, and if a telemarketer keeps harassing you, then report them to the FCC. One telemarketer kept calling me, so I went to their Facebook and posted some not so nice things. They really got p*ssed at me and told me I had no right to do what I did. I answered back and the calls stopped. I also reported them to the BBB, and the Contractor's Licensing Board.

Again, even if you are on the NO call list - they can call you if you have done business with the company - also if they are a not for profit... I'm sure there are other exceptions.

I personally think my PVP calls a tad too much. The first time he called I was just beginning my cruise search for a group of us. Now I have been using the Carnival website for a few years and never received any calls. He was very polite gave me his number and extension and emailed me to follow up. Now on a whim I booked the cruise earlier than the others and did so very late on a Saturday night. Needless to say I ended up just calling the 1-800 number on the website and booking that way. He has called a once since I booked, I was at work and couldn't answer but no message was left, so it might not have been my PVP at all.

That being said, it's part of there job. It's not an easy one, so I try to take it easy on them when they do call. But I live in South Florida so a 305 number is nearly every number that calls my phone,lol!

Archived