Dining Reservations Breakaway

I just cant find what I want in the threads, so I'll just ASK. That IS a message board's purpose right????

We are sailing on NCL (first time on this line) and have to make dining and show reservations (new concept for me). Am I only allowed to make ONE dining at this time? And, we can book tomorrow July 24th. Can I do this online at MIDNIGHT?

im so confused....

TYIA

You can pre-book the specialty restaurants / shows 45 days away from your cruise. It is 55 days away if you are in a suite.

When you log into my ncl, you will see what is available. It is not always available at midnight. I think I saw mine at around 8 am. You can book whatever specialty restaurants you want and shows. I believe I heard that sometimes if you are booking for a high or odd number of people, you can't always do it online . You can call them directly to book if you are having any problems.

If you pre book specialty restaurants, you pay now when you book it. Jungle fantasy included. Rock of ages and burn the floor are free.

You can not make reservations for the MDR's now. They are Savor, taste, manhattan room. I have heard that once you are on the ship and you have a large party, they will take reservations.i hope this helps.

I just cant find what I want in the threads, so I'll just ASK. That IS a message board's purpose right????

We are sailing on NCL (first time on this line) and have to make dining and show reservations (new concept for me). Am I only allowed to make ONE dining at this time? And, we can book tomorrow July 24th. Can I do this online at MIDNIGHT?

im so confused....

TYIA

Not sure why you think you have to make dining and show reservations in advance? Do you have a very large group?

When you reach the 45 day mark, it usually takes some time before the reservation system will actually allow you to book, could be as long as 12-18 hours, patience.

MDR does not take reservations unless a party of 8 or more and that is usually done on the ship. A small number of reservations are allowed in advance for specialty dining (25% is mentioned) and the rest are held for on board reservations. Teppenyaki is usually the most difficult to book.

im so confused....

TYIA

You only need to make reservations for specialty dining.

Other restaurants, such as the main dining rooms, are walk-up -- just like in land-based restaurants.

You can pre-book the specialty restaurants / shows 45 days away from your cruise. It is 55 days away if you are in a suite. ...

I found that out by accident. I called them on Monday (just happened to be 55 days out) and she mentioned it in passing. I was like... "WHAT?". How long has that been the case, and I wonder why (on our last two Epic sailings) they never bothered to tell me!!

BTW - on both of our Epic sailings the online reservations were not open until 8 AM on day 45 (prior to the cruise).

Tom

I found that out by accident. I called them on Monday (just happened to be 55 days out) and she mentioned it in passing. I was like... "WHAT?". How long has that been the case, and I wonder why (on our last two Epic sailings) they never bothered to tell me!!

BTW - on both of our Epic sailings the online reservations were not open until 8 AM on day 45 (prior to the cruise).

Tom

You have to call at 55 days out. You can't book yourself online until 45 days out even in a suite.

You have to call at 55 days out. You can't book yourself online until 45 days out even in a suite.

Yes, I am now aware of that.... but only because I called on another matter and it was mentioned. NEVER heard of the 55 day suite perk until this Monday!!

Tom

Yes, I am now aware of that.... but only because I called on another matter and it was mentioned. NEVER heard of the 55 day suite perk until this Monday!!

Tom

Tom-n-Cheryl,

I saw your post on the CCL board re entertainment. I was wondering where you got the spreadsheet for the entertainment schedule for the Breakaway for Sept. I am trying to get a copy for the Aug schedule.

I did not want to hijack the other thread. Since this thread is about entertainment and Breakaway I'm not hijacking right??:confused:

Thanks in advance.

Another item to add to your suite comparison list then, Tom! :D

Yes, indeed!

Hey, is this tidbit of info posted anywhere on the NCL website? Just wondering how long that has been the case, and how well (obviously not well enough) they are getting the word out there!

Can all entertainment be prebooked, or just the ones that you have to pay for such as the show at dinner?

Yes, aside from those which don't require reservations.

Here's the planner I put together for our upcoming Breakaway sailing -- you'll see that only Howl at the Moon and Fat Cat's have no reservations.

i-KQJSJmq-L.jpg

Tom

Tom-n-Cheryl,

I saw your post on the CCL board re entertainment. I was wondering where you got the spreadsheet for the entertainment schedule for the Breakaway for Sept. I am trying to get a copy for the Aug schedule.

I did not want to hijack the other thread. Since this thread is about entertainment and Breakaway I'm not hijacking right??:confused:

Thanks in advance.

Does not seem like a hijack to me! :D

I called and got the info from NCL, I think it was the concierge line. The first person was kind enough to list everything for me which I copied (umm.. SCRIBBLED) down. I talked to someone else there later in the day to confirm all the times.

That schedule is what's currently on the ship, and they both gave me the disclaimer: "showtimes and dates are subject to change"! :)

Tom

Does not seem like a hijack to me! :D

I called and got the info from NCL, I think it was the concierge line. The first person was kind enough to list everything for me which I copied (umm.. SCRIBBLED) down. I talked to someone else there later in the day to confirm all the times.

That schedule is what's currently on the ship, and they both gave me the disclaimer: "showtimes and dates are subject to change"! :)

Tom

Thank you so much!

Archived