Dress code availability

Jalex63

Seems I read somewhere that after booking you could go somewhere on the Seabourn web site and see exactly what dress codes will be in effect daily for your upcoming cruise (helps with packing for sure), but I cannot find it.:confused:

Jim

Seems I read somewhere that after booking you could go somewhere on the Seabourn web site and see exactly what dress codes will be in effect daily for your upcoming cruise (helps with packing for sure), but I cannot find it.:confused:

Jim

The information you're looking for is indeed on the web site, although I can't remember exactly where. Nevertheless, it's generally like this at dinner in the MDR:

There will be 1 "formal" (optional) night per 7-10 day cruise.

The first and last nights of each cruise will be "casual".

All other nights will be "elegant casual".

Hope this helps with your planning.

The dress code is always the same, no matter which cruise or which ship you are on. The number of formal optional nights may vary.

Lets see, that would mean Resort Casual on the first and last nights, Resort Elegant other nights and also acceptable for Formal Optional as well?

Do I have it right?

Lets see, that would mean Resort Casual on the first and last nights, Resort Elegant other nights and also acceptable for Formal Optional as well?

Do I have it right?

Yes, absolutely. I would suggest a tie with the jacket on formal optional nights, but not everyone conforms to this. Also, there are likely to be one or two more casual nights if the cruise is longer than a week, particularly in hot climates.

Jim

Think resort wear in the U.S.; what would you wear staying at a Four Seasons or Ritz in a vacation destination (Hawaii or Miami, for example)? Kick it up a notch for Europe, and you've got it. Evenings - think cocktail parties, trendy restaurants, nice restaurants, and you've got your complete cruise wardrobe. My husband no longer brings his tuxes, or he might bring one with a twist.

Think resort wear in the U.S.; what would you wear staying at a Four Seasons or Ritz in a vacation destination (Hawaii or Miami, for example)? Kick it up a notch for Europe, and you've got it. Evenings - think cocktail parties, trendy restaurants, nice restaurants, and you've got your complete cruise wardrobe. My husband no longer brings his tuxes, or he might bring one with a twist.

I could not agree more. The days of heavily sequined (heavy weight) dresses are definitely over. My luggage is definitely lighter these days. And husband loves the half-tux look too.

May I ask what a tux with a twist is?

A modern tux, or a half tux - say, a tux suit but with a shirt and tie; either a modern version or part of the penguin uniform but not the whole enchilada. Examples abound in mags and on TV and in some cities.

A modern tux, or a half tux - say, a tux suit but with a shirt and tie; either a modern version or part of the penguin uniform but not the whole enchilada. Examples abound in mags and on TV and in some cities.

I too have fun with alternatives to the "monkey suit" with a banded collar shirt, and/or a 3-button dinner jacket, an long jacket, a mandarin collar coat.

Thanks for the clarification, Hobar. I imagined a lemon twist sticking out of the jacket pocket!

I like your imagination Wripro. And I suppose in that regard, my husband and I have a fair share of clothes with a twist - but more toward the end of an evening. :)

I could not agree more. The days of heavily sequined (heavy weight) dresses are definitely over. My luggage is definitely lighter these days. And husband loves the half-tux look too.

One sequined gown weighs more than 5 little black dresses.

Archived