best time to cruise

We are looking into the Paul Gaugin for next spring. Probably May or June. I haven't researched anything yet, which I will do soon, but was wondering if there is a "bad" time to sail to Tahiti? Wasn't quite sure when the rainy season is. I'm sure it is beautiful year-round, but some times may be better than others. Thanks for any information.

We just were on the PG last month. The weather was cool enough we weren't melting from the heat and humidity. We swam, seas were decent. We had a little wind one day that kept us from the Bora Bora Motu. I was quite pleased with the weather. I know later in the summer it gets too warm and earlier it's too rainy.

Lorraine, I suppose it may be the luck of the draw....we were there in mid January. Tahiti was hot and humid IMO (others didn't think it was but I'm not use to humidity) but all the other islands were absolutely perfect weatherwise. We never saw one drop of rain and no wind at all. There was usually a very slight breeze which was nice.

In French Polynesia, December through early March is their "summer" and also their rainy season. That doesn't mean it rains al the time, or even that a given week then will even have any rain. But a few cruises at that time of year have been pretty rainy. But it is the hottest time of the year in FP, when the humidity gives an air temperature of 88 a heat index of 108!

Other times of the year have les rain and less heat.

Thanks,

Richard:) :) :)

Archived