Dawn - Tell me about Carribbean night food?

TrinaLC

We are planning our nights for specialty restaurants and I note many folks say they don't like the food on Caribbean night in the main dining room, and therefore we are thinking about making that a night for a specialty rest.

Can anyone give me an idea of what is served that night? Normally I would be adventurous and look forward to this ... is it just poorly prepared?

For us, Caribbean night just doesn't contain things that really grab us. The food is prepared just fine, but it's just the menu choices from top to bottom are not that appealing to us.

We usually try to schedule one of our specialty restaurants for this night if possible.

We've been on the Dawn twice but I don't remember what the dinner choices are for Caribbean night. In the center of the atrium, there's a station for making specialty dinner reservations and they have the menus for each restaurant for every evening (both covercharge restaurants and 'free' dining rooms). This can help you decide which nights you may want to try a specialty restaurant. We wouldn't want to miss the lobster tails or filet mignon ... :)

I have sailed NCL many times, but I agree with the thought that Caribbean night is the night to look to speciality restaurants I do not remember specific foods, but I do remember that the spices and prep were not appealing to my taste. The choices were too limiting and I will follow my own advise on the next cruise. Sorry I can't be more descriptive than that.

I have not eaten on Caribbean night in the main dining room in years, many years. I tried the jerk pork years ago. It was ok but I new I could find better onboard

Some love it but for me Caribbean night means Bistro and has even before freestyle :)

Sorry TrinaLC, I can't remember the menu either...guess it didn't leave an impression on any of us.:eek:

We also do a Speciality restaurant on Caribbean night:)

You can reserve the Speciality Rests., and you can always cancel....I think it's one hour before reservation time for your cancellation with no fee.

You are going to have a GREAT time! Can't wait for your review:) :)

Cliff, can you give me a general idea what the choices are? (or anybody elsle)

I remember having the grouper that night which I thought was delicious. It happened to be the night of the Murder Mystery Dinner so, in order to "play" , we ate with our group in Aqua. Fun night and good food - I would do it again.

Cliff, can you give me a general idea what the choices are? (or anybody elsle)

There was a fish dish (grouper I believe as mentioned above) and a jerk pork type dish. For soups I remember there was a pumpkin lobster bisque. The appetizers were different as well, but I am unable to recall them at this point.

Hope this helps a little :)

Cliff

Archived