FTTF, how many do they sell??

gatorgram

It has been stated by John Heald (yes I now he can be incorrect at times) and in many posts on CC(again some inaccuracies at times) and on a fb page I am on that a max. of 30 are sold. I am one that tends to if she has heard it over and over by different sources believe it, I am platinum and I think it is great as I can ride on the coat tails of the FTTF people and get their perks. I have cruised not to get platinum and perks but because I love it and the perks have just come along for the ride!

According to the Carnival site, it says that the numbers available are limited. As another poster has mentioned, it would defeat the purpose to make it available to hundreds of cabins. Then everybody would board at the same time.

Part of the FTTF program is having your cabin ready when you board and your luggage delivered soon afterward. There is no way that the cabin stewards can do all of that in such a short time. They have to limit it to just a few to make it possible.

FTTF defeats the purpose of the platinum & diamond program too, but Carnival does that. Just sayin'.

It's no different than platinum & diamond getting free laundry and I have to pay for it. Just sayin'. Nobody ever complained about that.

We purchased it for our upcoming cruise. We are excited to try it out. Since we don't have money in our budget to sail more than once a year it will be years before we are able to reach platinum. This way we get a few perks for $50 while we keep sailing once a year and work our way to platinum.

I have heard that on ships that do not have FTTF. The cabins are not ready for platinum and above passengers at boarding time. Anyone know anything about that?

That is correct, although you will have some Plats say they have gone to their cabins all along because it was a perk. No so, but some still do it. There are not many ships left that do not have it...

I did read on the Carnival site that FTTF is sold in 15 cabin increments.

I have heard that on ships that do not have FTTF. The cabins are not ready for platinum and above passengers at boarding time. Anyone know anything about that?

correct. on the ships that are not doing FTTF (and there are only a few) platinums are not supposed to have access to the cabins untl the announced time. (usually 1:30)

and by leaving your stuff in an unsecured cabin until that time is craziness

I think they should tell you the actual number. People will be driven to buy it when they see it open with the thought that there is VERY limited availability.

Also, there is something about human nature that makes us love to feel entitled (not that we are better than anyone so no flames!). I like wearing my diamond membership bracelet at my resort club and I am sure platinum/diamond members like having a shiny new S&S card LOL.

I think they should tell you the actual number. People will be driven to buy it when they see it open with the thought that there is VERY limited availability.

When you go to book FTTF, it tells you how many are left for your sailing.

When you go to book FTTF, it tells you how many are left for your sailing.

only AFTER you add it to your cart. No need to buy it== you can see it

You don't have to add it to your cart, just select it and the amount will show, then cancel if you don't want it. Also if none are available it will not show up at all.

So they're not the only one who has heard the 50 number. When I got to the desk while boarding the Conquest in May, I asked how many FTTF cabins there were, thinking I should hear the 30 number that has been passed around. I was amazed when the check in agent said they were full at 50 cabins. Then she showed me the list of room numbers that had purchased it, and there were definitely more than 30 on there.

I feel like folks self-reinforce some of these numbers and even when policy changes, and folks mention it, they are not open to accepting new information.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, no torching.......I love the idea because I travel solo and it's really hard to deal with trying to grab lunch and juggle luggage.

I thought I read somewhere on CC that our buddy John Heald is the one who said that it was limited to 30 per ship but it would be nice to see it in writing from Carnival :)

Quick google didn't find anything.........

Amen on the solo FTTF. I'm a solo as well and bought it for my first cruise for that very purpose and have purchased it for my next cruise as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they're not the only one who has heard the 50 number. When I got to the desk while boarding the Conquest in May, I asked how many FTTF cabins there were, thinking I should hear the 30 number that has been passed around. I was amazed when the check in agent said they were full at 50 cabins. Then she showed me the list of room numbers that had purchased it, and there were definitely more than 30 on there.

I feel like folks self-reinforce some of these numbers and even when policy changes, and folks mention it, they are not open to accepting new information.

No, that can't be correct.:confused: We have been told over and over here on CC that the max is 30 cabins.

No matter how many they sell, as Platinum, I like the perk of getting to my room as soon as I board the ship. This is an added perk thanks to FTTF.

FTTF defeats the purpose of the platinum & diamond program too, but Carnival does that. Just sayin'.

I am Diamond on Royal Caribbean and hope to be Platinum and even Diamond one of these years on Carnival but aren't there more perks offered to Platinum and Diamond cruisers than what is offered to the FTTF people?

This isn't me being rude, it just me not knowing what is offered and what isn't offered to the folks who show big time loyalty to Carnival.

I am Diamond on Royal Caribbean and hope to be Platinum and even Diamond one of these years on Carnival but aren't there more perks offered to Platinum and Diamond cruisers than what is offered to the FTTF people?

This isn't me being rude, it just me not knowing what is offered and what isn't offered to the folks who show big time loyalty to Carnival.

Yes, you get a certain amount of laundry per cruise (unlimited for D), a gift, usually dipped strawberries one night, priority line (sometimes different from the FTTF line), boarding right after wedding parties (FTTF is supposed to be after P/D) and "VIP" lounge. I might be missing something... Oh, not a specific perk but it does seem that I get a more hearty "Welcome Back" and if I have a complaint (not often) it seems to be fixed or taken care of quickly. The last may just be for everyone.

We sailed on the July 14th sailing of the Magic. We had FTTF and loved it. Checked at 10:45 a.m. and boarded at 11:05 a.m. We went straight to our room to drop off our carry-on. We walked around some and then went to eat at "Cucina del Capitano (they even served us at 11:45 a.m.) We went back to our room after lunch and our luggage was waiting at 12:45 p.m. We were on the water slides by 1:00 p.m.

We visited Guest services several times (to get free "Playing Cards", etc.) and had our own line with no wait and did not have to wait with the 20+ people that were in the regular line each time.

Debarkation was a breeze. FTTF is assigned "Zone One". We went downstairs at 7:50 a.m. and were in the terminal getting our luggage by 8:00 a.m. and through Customs by 8:05 a.m. We walked across the street to Park-n-Cruise Parking, loaded our luggage, and were on the road before 8:15 a.m.

On Saturday evening during the cruise, Guest Services called and did a short survey regarding the FTTF, etc. At the end of the survey, I asked how many FTTF rooms were sold for this cruise and the lady conducting the survey told me "59" rooms for this cruise. I asked her again since this seemed high and again she said the same thing. She stated that there were very few Platinum/Diamond guests on this cruise.

FTTF----The only way to cruise.

They offer fifteen first. When those are sold out, the may add another fifteen depending on how many Diamond/Platinum cruisers there will be on that particular cruise. Thirty is the maximum for each cruise.

Where do you find the option to buy it? I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find the option to purchase it at all.

Where do you find the option to buy it? I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find the option to purchase it at all.

Login to your booking. Search excursions. If it's not there its either not offered on your cruise or sold out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Learned today what FTTF was. We are going on the Sensation in two weeks and was still able to purchase FTTF. Thought this would be good for us since we are traveling with my 80 year old mother in law. Thought it would make things easier on everyone if we were just able to drop our things off in the room first thing.

We are Platinum with Royal and would love a perk like this, even if it meant purchasing it for a nominal fee. Do agree, it needs to be limited or it would be hectic.

not all ships have this.

if you go to carnival web site-- log on. manage my cruise cruise details

you will find it listed under the excurisons under the home port

it is 50 bucks per cabin--not 50 a person that is listed

Archived