Cancel After Booking On Board

sabookkeeper

Do you have another X cruise you're looking at, in the future? If you simply move your booking to that date (rather than outright canceling), you can keep your original booking number AND the "standard" onboard booking perks (OBC and reduced deposit). Generally speaking, what WON'T usually transfer to your new booking are special limited promos, like the 1-2-3- Go package.

We booked on board with the 123-Go promotion and we will not be rebooking and we are dealing with a TA. Before I call to cancel I just wanted to make sure I knew in advance what options I have.

Well, should you change your mind and move the booking, make sure that they re-instate the onboard-booking OBC (from X) that you most likely gave up, in opting for the 123-go promo. We were recently in a similar situation, and things worked out OK for us. But, in your case, just talk to your TA about how long it will take to get your deposit back. Good luck! :cool:

We booked a cruise on the Reflection in February 2014 while we were on the Silhouette in February. We need to cancel this cruise, is the deposit we paid at the time ($200.00) refundable?

Please come back and let us know the outcome after talking with your T.A.

My understanding is that the booking can be moved to another cruise, and the Promo they gave for the cancelled booking such as the 1-2-3 is lost. Any Promo applicable to the new booking would be allowed.

However, if you cancel completely the $200 is non refundable.

I don't mind being proven wrong which is why I'm interested in the information your T.A. provides.

I see that the OP is Canadian; therefore, the deposit is refundable. Our laws prevent the deposit from being nonrefundable.

I didn't know this...I'll have to be sure to mention this to my TA.

wpgcruise: TA is off until Sunday, but I'll come back then and let you know what happens.

I see that the OP is Canadian; therefore, the deposit is refundable. Our laws prevent the deposit from being nonrefundable.

Let's not make any assumptions, and instead wait for the O.P. to report back with the facts.

I'm not too sure Canadian consumer protection laws apply which is why I am interested in what the O.P's T.A. advises.

Let's not make any assumptions, and instead wait for the O.P. to report back with the facts.

I'm not too sure Canadian consumer protection laws apply which is why I am interested in what the O.P's T.A. advises.

It's written right on the original onboard booking forms that Canadian deposits are both refundable and transferable.

It's written right on the original onboard booking forms that Canadian deposits are both refundable and transferable.

The reason I suggested the O.P. check with their T.A. is for clarification of which Program they had booked. Celebrity has lots of different Programs, each having different terms and conditions.

The O.P. did not say what Program they booked under. What they did say was they put down a deposit of $200, and now want to cancel their cruise. My reading of their post led me to think they were asking for information, not opinions.

If you follow this link it will take you to a Celebrity Program called Open Passages. It may be the O.P. has booked under this Program. We booked under this Program while on board the Equinox in January 2013 for an Eclipse cruise in January 2014.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Flyers/12028792_CEL_PassagesBookingsReqForm_K.pdf

It clearly states the deposit is $200, provides some O.B.C. per stateroom. It also clearly states the deposit is non-refundable. It is for Canadians Transferable.

I suggested the O.P. contact their T.A. for clarification. My reason for doing so is that they get the right information from their travel professional rather than opinions from well meaning people on this Board.

If it is this Open Passages Program they may well then want to consider options, but first I think they want to confirm the Program with their T.A. and be aware of the terms and conditions.

The O.P. did not say what Program they booked under. What they did say was they put down a deposit of $200, and now want to cancel their cruise. My reading of their post led me to think they were asking for information, not opinions.

I'm not giving an opinion. I'm telling you what is printed on both the Open Passages forms and the specific booking sheets if you select a cruise onboard, and you're Canadian. I don't have one handy or I'd scan it and post it here. American deposits are nonrefundable under Open Passages; Canadian deposits are fully refundable and transferable.

I believe it's better to know your own rights in case the TA is misinformed. We had an old booking that predated price drops after final payment and our TA erroneously informed us that we weren't eligible when in fact we were. It took some straightening out since I knew that information wasn't correct.

I'm not giving an opinion. I'm telling you what is printed on both the Open Passages forms and the specific booking sheets if you select a cruise onboard, and you're Canadian. I don't have one handy or I'd scan it and post it here. American deposits are nonrefundable under Open Passages; Canadian deposits are fully refundable and transferable.

I believe it's better to know your own rights in case the TA is misinformed. We had an old booking that predated price drops after final payment and our TA erroneously informed us that we weren't eligible when in fact we were. It took some straightening out since I knew that information wasn't correct.

It may well be you are speaking of a different Program than I?

Perhaps you might follow the link, and see if you are thinking of

a different Program?

I have copied below the terms from the Program noted at my link.

Clearly the deposit under this Program is non-refundable, but it is transferable.

As mentioned Celebrity has many different on board booking programs, which one the O.P. has will be the deciding factor.

Terms and conditions:

A non-refundable $100 deposit per person is required to enroll in the Program; an additional deposit will be required at time of booking for suite categories. Open Passages

created directly with Celebrity Cruises, will have up to 60 days after it is converted to a confirmed ship and sailing date, to be assigned to a Travel Professional of your choice. Enrollment in the Program

does not guarantee stateroom or sailing availability or cruise price. Amount of onboard credit ranges from $50-$300USD per stateroom and is determined at time of booking based on length of sailing

(minimum 4 night sailing). Maximum one onboard credit per stateroom. Onboard credit offer not combinable with any other onboard credit or dollars off offer, has no cash value, not redeemable for

Canadian Residents: In addition to the terms listed above, an Open Passage account may be transferred to another guest. Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc. ©2012 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships’ registry: Malta and Ecuador. 12028792 • 4/2012

cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise.

Program applicable to new individual Celebrity Cruises bookings only. Individual enrollment may be converted and applied to a group booking. Open Passage account/booking does not

expire, is non-transferable, not applicable to certain restricted fares, and not combinable with any other onboard credit or dollars off offer, including but not limited to Captain’s Club,

shareholder or other onboard credit or dollars off promotions or onboard future cruise offers.

I'm not sure what program it is called on Celebrity as this was our first time on Celebrity so therefore the first time booking on board with them. We reserved the cruise while on board and took advantage of the 123 go program. I just looked at our booking confirmation and it doesn't have anything on it about what happens if we cancelled. I guess I'll wait to find out what my TA says tomorrow and will keep you both updated.

We booked a cruise on the Reflection in February 2014 while we were on the Silhouette in February. We need to cancel this cruise, is the deposit we paid at the time ($200.00) refundable?

The OP states that they booked a cruise while onboard. This is a "Reserved Passages" booking which is fully refundable for North American Residents. Policy may vary for Non NA Residents and are handled through their TA or X in their country of residence.

An "Open Passage" (to book a cruise in the future) has different rules:

Under the T & C's it states a "non-refundable $100pp deposit is required. But the last line reads:

CANADIAN RESIDENTS: An Open Passage Certificate may be transferred to another guest. They have removed the "refundable" part.

I have successfully used an Open Passage Certificate to book a cruise which I subsequently cancelled and was able to get a refund.

Bottom lines is that the OP should have no problem getting a refund for her Reserved Passages booking.

Cheers

Good Luck

I'm looking forward to the results of your conversation with the T.A.

I'm not sure what program it is called on Celebrity as this was our first time on Celebrity so therefore the first time booking on board with them. We reserved the cruise while on board and took advantage of the 123 go program. I just looked at our booking confirmation and it doesn't have anything on it about what happens if we cancelled. I guess I'll wait to find out what my TA says tomorrow and will keep you both updated.

Have your TA call the Passages Desk at 1-888-727-4906 or next best would be to call Captain's Club @ 1-800-760-0654 The regular Customer Service Reps are not all that well versed with the Passages Program.

We booked a cruise last year when we were on a cruise. We had to cancel the cruise. Just called our TA who by the way was an American company (I don't think that it would make a difference even if it was a Canadian travel company) Celebrity refunded the deposit of $200.00 with no problems. When I asked the TA if we could keep the $450.00 on board credit that we were offered for the cruise on another booking she said that Celebrity said no we could not transfer it as it was a special offer just for that cruise. When we booked our two future cruises I just left the booking with Celebrity this time. We are Canadians as well and have not had a problem with Celebrity in any of our cruises with them.

Thank you for the update, and great to learn you got your deposit refunded.

Good Morning:

I have just heard from TA and the deposit I made while booking on board is refundable. Thanks again for the info everyone shared and I am just glad that I didn't have any problems.

Good Morning:

I have just heard from TA and the deposit I made while booking on board is refundable. Thanks again for the info everyone shared and I am just glad that I didn't have any problems.

Glad to provide a little info -- even if it wasn't particularly relevant to your situation. I'm sorry that you had to cancel your cruise :(, but happy that things worked out, re: your deposit refund.

Archived