Transfer of Loyalty

heathcharnock

We are now at the upper end of Mediterranean tier with P&O but are less than impressed with the product now being offered.

Will our "status" with P&O afford us any benefits on other Carnival lines.

All we get I suppose is a notional 8.5% discount on on board spend but now that you pay for pre booked excursions we can't spend the OBC we have.

Last time we wandered round the ship on the last day buying things we didn't really want just to use up the OBC so we never actually got ANY discount

John

We're also at the top of Mediterranean and we've booked a cruse with Princess for next year. When we checked our loyalty status on the Princess website we discovered we were on Elite. I think Princess is the only line your loyalty is transferable.

Summary of benefts:

Priority tender

Priority Disembarkation

Shoe Polishing Service

Complimentary Laundry and Professional Cleaning Services

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up**

Deluxe Canapes Selection on formal nights

Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom,

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

10% Boutique Discount

Complimentary Grapevine Wine Tasting

Complimentary Internet Credit 7 days – 150 minutes, 20 days 250 minutes, 21+ days 500 minutes

We're also at the top of Mediterranean and we've booked a cruse with Princess for next year. When we checked our loyalty status on the Princess website we discovered we were on Elite. I think Princess is the only line your loyalty is transferable.

Summary of benefts:

Priority tender

Priority Disembarkation

Shoe Polishing Service

Complimentary Laundry and Professional Cleaning Services

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up**

Deluxe Canapes Selection on formal nights

Complimentary afternoon tea may be served in your stateroom,

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

10% Boutique Discount

Complimentary Grapevine Wine Tasting

Complimentary Internet Credit 7 days – 150 minutes, 20 days 250 minutes, 21+ days 500 minutes

Hi Tartanexile81, do you mean that the benefits are transferred to Princess or that they exist on both P&O and Princess. We are Caribbean on P&O - does this mean we would be Elite on Princess or did you have to register your P&O points with Princess ?

Register on Princess site and your P&O Peninsular. Points are input automatically and they show what tier you are on for their loyalty scheme.

We have just booked HAL next February and they don't recognise P&O points even though they are Carnival.

bee-ess

We'd cruised once with Princess before so when we booked our cruise with them for next year we thought we'd just check what level we'd be on because we heard the benefits were good. We were very surprised to find ourselves on Elite and although we'll miss the discount you get on your OBA it will be nice to have some different perks. We've cruised a lot with P&O but we feel we've been stuck on Mediterranean for ever!!

Thanks very much tartanexile81 and PopsiB I would never have thought of this. I just logged onto Princess and we are in fact Elite Tier - we have only cruised once with them back in 2007. That gives us another option to consider when looking for a cruise.

The Princess Loyalty programme is one of the best in the industry in my opinion.

We usually sail Princess and were nearly at the Elite level with just a few cruises short, so when I found we could sail on P & O on their short cruises in order to gain Elite status on Princess, I booked. We did three short cruises over the summer with P & O out of the Southampton, and now have achieved Elite level with Princess with the addition of these cruises. On our October cruise with Princess we will now get free laundry (when flying to destinations this is a great asset to keep weight to a minimum) and all the other benefits mentioned including the 10% discount on shop purchases.

We have also found out that if you own 100 Carnival shares you get On Board Credit (varies depending on the length of cruise) not only for Princess but also P & O, Cunard, Costa and Holland Amercia (there may be others I cant remember them all). Well worth the investment if you cruise a couple of times a year, gives us a better return than sitting in a savings account!

UK servicemen and retired servicemen can get an OBC with Princess by submitting their discharge certificate. My husband is ex-RAF and we have benefitted many times from this. From recollection $100 for 7 days, $250 for 14 days. Well worth dusting off the discharge certificate and submitted it to them prior to departure. Information is on the Princess website or call Southampton they are very helpful.

Archived