New Zealand trip

ebetter

This is my first post and I really didn't know how to post so here goes... Sunny (my wife and sunshine of my life) and I are awaiting our cruise to New Zealand, from LA, in October. We arrive in Australia then NZ late Oct/early Nov. What kinds of temps can we expect. We are seasoned travelers, mostly Princess and will be on HAL this time. Thanks for your patience and sharing what we might expect when we get down under.

This is my first post and I really didn't know how to post so here goes... Sunny (my wife and sunshine of my life) and I are awaiting our cruise to New Zealand, from LA, in October. We arrive in Australia then NZ late Oct/early Nov. What kinds of temps can we expect. We are seasoned travelers, mostly Princess and will be on HAL this time. Thanks for your patience and sharing what we might expect when we get down under.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You did fine for your first post.

If you think of the fact that Australia and NZ are 'down under', then you'll remember their seasons are opposite ours. So whereas October is Fall in the US, it's actually Spring in OZ & NZ. So, think of spring temps.

Right, and I guess everyone stands on their heads too. I met a few Auzzies and Zlanders last year at the World Skeet Championships and they convinced me I had to go there. Should be early spring. South Island might be a little cool.

Welcome to CC! If you're on the Oosterdam we have a pretty active Roll Call (see the start 29 Sept Seattle-Auckland thread). There are private excursions listed with some spaces still available. The dates for informal meet and greets are also listed if you like that sort of thing.

Hi, hope you enjoy your visit to our beautiful country. The temperatures in NZ in Oct/Nov can vary from one end of the country to the other. The South Island can be a lot cooler, though if the North Westerly wind is blowing it can heat up a bit. Sometimes you can have 4 seasons in one day. As you move up the country, generally temperatures will get warmer. Oct/Nov is the end of our spring which can mean rain showers and some wind but then again, you can strike some lovely, warm sunny days. If you google weather statistics for NZ you may get more accurate temperature readings for the areas you require. It would be hard for me to generalise with temperature figures, as they vary so much. Have a great cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again.... By now my wife is driving me nuts with ideas about places to go... and things to see. I sure am glad she looks at those things... so I don't have to. All I have to do is say "yes dear" (and here's the card!) We always have a lot of fun. I'm planning on the Bridge Clime in Sydney. Anyone else? Sunny is going to the Opera House.

Y'all will have a fantastic time down under.....both countries are so beautiful and the people are amazingly friendly and fun! I have never met a single person who didn't fall in love with Australia and New Zealand.....if their government would allow it, DH and I would absolutely move there. But they have a rule that anyone over age 55 can only stay for 90 days.....if they ever change that rule.....we will be there on the next plane! Have a wonderful cruise! (PS - the south island of NZ may be colder but it is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful)

You might try typing "temperature 'the location name' 'the month name'" into Google. You will get all the information you need really quickly. Google is a really useful resource for travel information.

Also, if you have an Apple iphone, Siri would probably also tell you.

DON

Archived