Balcony Size Difference

IMKTDQT810

I will refer this to the Pride since if we go on Fantasy there is limited balconies. SO, on the Pride I read some Sq Ft of balconies (close in price) are Standard- 40 sq ft or Extended 60 Sq Ft and then some extended either 120 or 180 sq ft. I have done my research on the 180 which (all but one) are all wheelchair accessible (which makes sense to have the bowling alley type balcony). And to get one 120 Sq Ft is a challenge also with only 3 to a room not four.. So my question is...between 40 and 60 sq ft difference....the way they are laid out...can you really tell a difference or not? Yes, other then the obvious- no flames please, 20 sq ft bigger. I have never sailed a balcony and I want one this time since DS will be with us and we will have a few early bedtimes. This will allow DH and I to relax each evening on the balcony. Thanks!!!

I will refer this to the Pride since if we go on Fantasy there is limited balconies. SO, on the Pride I read some Sq Ft of balconies (close in price) are Standard- 40 sq ft or Extended 60 Sq Ft and then some extended either 120 or 180 sq ft. I have done my research on the 180 which (all but one) are all wheelchair accessible (which makes sense to have the bowling alley type balcony). And to get one 120 Sq Ft is a challenge also with only 3 to a room not four.. So my question is...between 40 and 60 sq ft difference....the way they are laid out...can you really tell a difference or not? Yes, other then the obvious- no flames please, 20 sq ft bigger. I have never sailed a balcony and I want one this time since DS will be with us and we will have a few early bedtimes. This will allow DH and I to relax each evening on the balcony. Thanks!!!

The bowling alley balconies are part of a handicap accessible cabin but I don't think the balcony is WC accessible. I've been in those cabins and they are the same as the others with a step you have to walk over to get out the door.

There is a noticable difference for leg room. Although, if I had the choice I would choose the regular balcony. I have been in both and the reason I would choose regular is I didn't like the location of the extended balcony (idented part of ship). Even though the 1 1/2 feet of extra balcony space was nice, being in the "indented" part of the ship, you couldn't see to the front of the ship. Your view ended at the regular balconies. IMHO not worth it. I will stick to regular balconies.

My first balcony cabin (only had two, both on Miracle) was an extended side balcony. To be honest, I wouldn't pay extra (and I have very long legs).

I just think I'd prefer to spend my money on something else. And I'd actually prefer a view down into the water that isn't blocked by lifeboats.

If I ever get to sail another Spirit-class ship, I'm going for a french door cabin.

There is a noticable difference for leg room. Although, if I had the choice I would choose the regular balcony. I have been in both and the reason I would choose regular is I didn't like the location of the extended balcony (idented part of ship). Even though the 1 1/2 feet of extra balcony space was nice, being in the "indented" part of the ship, you couldn't see to the front of the ship. Your view ended at the regular balconies. IMHO not worth it. I will stick to regular balconies.

Been on the Pride twice, most recently room 7238. Agree that the regular balcony is perfect fine for the same reasons.

We sailed on a aft-facing extended balcony (not an accessible room) but we thought the larger 60sf balcony was terrific. Not only did we score a lounge chair (only one) in addition to the small table and chair, but there was much more room to move around each other as you get up to move in/out of the cabin, grab a drink, eat your breakfast, grab a drink...etc...

The doors swing not slide and there is a substantial (3") bottom door jam that you have to step over. With some coordination, a person could stand up from their WC, turn around, and sit back down in a deck chair outside this lip. Then their travel companions could slide the deck chair to make room for others. I would think this would be much more difficult on the standard 40cf balcony. It should be said that if exiting the WC is not an option to use the balcony, this could be a spoiler so you might consider the rare oceanview rooms on upper decks that have floor-to-ceiling picture windows. In either case, contact Carnival directly to ask if they have any WC accessible balconies.

Thanks for the info..all very useful to know!!

@sound_guy- we would prefer to not be in a WC room since we don't need for it to be WC and would not want to take that room away from someone WC that might need it.

@crafykitty- the only thing with cabin 7258 is that is shows for 2 ppl and we will be three. If I knew we could book 3 to that room I would in a heartbeat. But since we will not be booking until jan/Feb the chances that it will be available will be a long shot. Thanks though!!

@sound_guy- we would prefer to not be in a WC room since we don't need for it to be WC and would not want to take that room away from someone WC that might need it.

@crafykitty- the only thing with cabin 7258 is that is shows for 2 ppl and we will be three. If I knew we could book 3 to that room I would in a heartbeat. But since we will not be booking until jan/Feb the chances that it will be available will be a long shot. Thanks though!!

Begging your pardon...I misread and interpreted that you required the WC accessibility. I would still try for a larger balcony if you can get it without too much extra cost...we scored our aft-facing by booking balcony guarantee so we made out like bandits. On our upcoming Celebrity cruise, we have slightly more room than the decks above us which still makes it so much more manageable to move around out there. Not sure how old DS is...but our aft-facing had the convertible sofa "gaucho" on the hallway side of the bed away from the balcony...so you wouldn't have to step over him on your way in/out of the balcony.

You should be able to book 3 in that room. 2 singles/king bed and the sofa. No provision for 4th or 5th passengers.

Archived