What to do for 11 yr old?

What is there to do for an 11 yr old on RCCL? My son had never been on a rccl cruise before (did disney once). So just pondering whether or not to take him along with us on our next cruise. Looking at Adventure of the Seas in Feb...

What is there to do for an 11 yr old on RCCL? My son had never been on a rccl cruise before (did disney once). So just pondering whether or not to take him along with us on our next cruise. Looking at Adventure of the Seas in Feb...

Royal does have the Adventure Ocean program for children. This program is included in your cruise fare. Here's a link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_kids_teens_and_families

You can click on the appropriate tab for your son's age group.

Other than lacking a flowrider, the activity potential on this class of ship for an 11 YO is outstanding. If your 11 YO is anything like our 11 YO GS when we took him on Freedom last year, he'll be tough to corral long enough to change for dinner, there's so much going on. IMO, 11 is the ideal age for the kids program on RCL ships.

edited to add - we took our GS on Disney when he was 7 and he had a blast. After we got off freedom, we asked him if he wanted to do another RCL cruise or another Disney cruise. He said Disney was more for "little kids" (his words) and he liked RCL better.

I have an 11 yo and he's sailed on Freedom, Liberty and Mariner (which is a sister ship to Adventure). Knowing my kid (and each is different) he had a better time on Freedom class because of the flowrider.

He goes back and forth between the flowrider, rock wall, ice skating and mini golf. He does not do the kids club at all, and has no interest in meeting other kids on the ship. He did it when he was younger, but not in the last few years.

But each kid is different. There is plenty to keep them occupied and he will definitely enjoy it.

My youngest son is 11 and he's been cruising RCCL since he was 2. For non-Flowrider ships (like Adventure) he tends to spend most of his time in Adventure Ocean. We let him do self-signout so he'll sign himself out when he gets bored with Adventure Ocean (tends to happen more frequently at this age) and find something else to entertain himself.

My kids tend to make friends at the beginning of the cruise and then hang out with them the rest of the cruise. Under 11 the kids always make friends and have plenty to keep them occupied. It's once they hit their teens that the cruise experience can be hit or miss, since the number of teens seems to fluctuate and they are also picky about who they want to hang out with and what activities they want to do.

Archived