Alaska Pricing Question

Hi everyone!

My DH and I have decided to go to Alaska next year in August most likely on a Carnival cruise (we're still looking into itineraries though).

I was just wondering what final prices compared to a year in advance rates have been like for end of August Alaska cruises with Carnival in any of your experiences.

Right now Online I see that a balcony room for this August 2013 is $849 a person and for the same week in August 2014 it's $1219, is the price difference normal of price drops for Alaska with Carnival? Or is this more of a rarity because Carnival is trying to book more people by dropping the price an additional 300+ dollars per person?

Just curious if that is price drop that happens more often then not.

Thanks in advance for any help from your own experiences you can extend to me!!

Have a Great Day!

-Lauren

Hi everyone!

My DH and I have decided to go to Alaska next year in August most likely on a Carnival cruise (we're still looking into itineraries though).

I was just wondering what final prices compared to a year in advance rates have been like for end of August Alaska cruises with Carnival in any of your experiences.

Right now Online I see that a balcony room for this August 2013 is $849 a person and for the same week in August 2014 it's $1219, is the price difference normal of price drops for Alaska with Carnival? Or is this more of a rarity because Carnival is trying to book more people by dropping the price an additional 300+ dollars per person?

Just curious if that is price drop that happens more often then not.

Thanks in advance for any help from your own experiences you can extend to me!!

Have a Great Day!

-Lauren

Prices to Alaska tend to drop closer to the date. Sometimes sales will come on in the spring (before the season) and during the season.It's the end of the season and they probably are trying to compete with the other cruise lines . If you check Princess or any other cruise line you'll see a similiar spread.

I've been wondering the same thing about Caribbean cruise I'm taking June 2014. Right now it shows interior rooms starting at $739, but for June 2013 they were priced around $450-500. I figure the best way to be sure is to book the Early Saver Pricing so I can take advantage of the price drops. But, from what I can see, it seems to be pretty typical practice.

I would also check HAL pricing as they have more ships and lower prices more often than not than Carnival or RCL who only has one ship.

I go with the best deal, not blind loyalty to Carnival which I know some on here do. OP just a suggestion though.

Also check Carnivals ports while you are at it. They may not end where they start. On atleast 2 different cruises they leave the USA and end in Canada or start in Canada and end in the USA.

I would also check HAL pricing as they have more ships and lower prices more often than not than Carnival or RCL who only has one ship

I agree. Also, better itineraries. Carnival doesn't visit Glacier Bay on most of its sailings since most permits are taken by Holland and Princess. Glacier Bay was the absolute highlight of our Alaska cruise. Absolutely amazing.

About prices, we had originally booked an oceanview stateroom for our June sailing on the Westerdam, fully knowing that prices could drop. And they did. We upgraded to a balcony 3 days before the cruise without paying an extra dime, plus we were given $150 onboard credit. Not bad! :D

Archived