"Comedy-less" Brunch

happy cruzin

We experienced the sea day brunch for the first time earlier this month on Dream. I like the idea of brunch on sea days, since we rarely get up early enough for breakfast. But the "comedy" seems so out of place. Ours consisted of exactly one joke. Based on the crowds in the comedy club, it doesn't seem like they need to have the "comedy" brunch in order to promote it - I think they should do away with the ~5 minute segment. I didn't realize they've already eliminated it from some ships.

We went to the brunch, but didn't stay long enough to see the comedian...so I guess I won't miss it. The extra breakfast items were cool though, I had French toast coated with a cereal that was pretty good. So I hope they continue with the extra food items.

It is on the Miracle??

The Brunch itself is not even listed on on the dining page at Carnival.com - so that's why I'm checking! ;)

Brunch is only availabe on these ships as of now:

feel free to add if I missed one

VA-Valor

MC- Magic

FA- Fantasy

BR -Breeze

SH- Sunshine

LI- Liberty

DR- Dream

SL- Splendor

GL- Glory

PR- Pride

FD- Freedom

CQ- Conquest

VA-Valor

MC- Magic

FA- Fantasy

BR -Breeze

SH- Sunshine

LI- Liberty

DR- Dream

SL- Splendor

GL- Glory

PR- Pride

FD- Freedom

CQ- Conquest

Thanks - but this is the thread that confused me and made me think it might be available on the Miracle. :confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1645051&highlight=brunch+miracle

VA-Valor

MC- Magic

FA- Fantasy

BR -Breeze

SH- Sunshine

LI- Liberty

DR- Dream

SL- Splendor

GL- Glory

PR- Pride

FD- Freedom

CQ- Conquest

Just off the Triumph (July 20 - 25) and brunch was served on sea days. On port days, breakfast in the MDR was served, but no MDR lunch.;)

Brunch is available on sea days only--on port days it's normal breakfast seating.

Carnival kind of stretched the truth when they said they were scrubbing the comedy part of the brunch. What they REALLY meant was if a ship already had the comedy show when they made the announcement, they would keep the comedy show. Any ships that got the brunch AFTER the announcement do not have the comedy. We found this out on the Glory last month when we thought there would be no comedy.

Brunch is available on sea days only--on port days it's normal breakfast seating.

Carnival kind of stretched the truth when they said they were scrubbing the comedy part of the brunch. What they REALLY meant was if a ship already had the comedy show when they made the announcement, they would keep the comedy show. Any ships that got the brunch AFTER the announcement do not have the comedy. We found this out on the Glory last month when we thought there would be no comedy.

Interesting..... :cool:

We enjoy the brunch and plan on going each time we cruise on a ship where it is offered. However, the alleged comedy should be canned. If it is supposed to encourage attendance at the evening shows they may want to consider that it just may convince people to look for some other form of entertainment.

Cheers!

The comedians are still a bit miffed over having to do the brunches. They do not like having to do them. The format is wrong for them to do a decent show. Plus when John posted that management decided to stop the comedy part but then management went on to keep it on some ships did not go over well with them.

Ugh, hated it on the Breeze. Comedian was painful to listen to and the new menu was not to our liking. Will not be making that mistake again.

We like the brunch but thought the comedy part a lot of noise especially when we couldnt even see the guy.

Archived