Winter Ferry Schedule?

GottaGetAway42

I'll be on Grandeur arriving in Kings Wharf on 11/3 and staying until the evening of 11/5. The current summer ferry schedule is effective through 11/3, so while we wait for the official winter schedule, does anyone know how it typically changes after the summer season ends?

many thanks!

Typically the ferry service between Dockyard and St. George's is discontinued for the winter, and there is a reduction in the number of scheduled runs between Dockyard and Hamilton. That having been said, since you're on the last visit of the year by a "contract" cruise ship (the ships that call on Bermuda week in and week out during the season) they just might keep the St. George's run operational for those last two days...but that's just speculation on my part.

I'll be on Grandeur arriving in Kings Wharf on 11/3 and staying until the evening of 11/5. The current summer ferry schedule is effective through 11/3, so while we wait for the official winter schedule, does anyone know how it typically changes after the summer season ends?

many thanks!

Here's a copy of the 2012 winter schedule:

2012WinterSchedule.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

RCCL has an excursion to St. Georges scheduled for Nov. 4. You are supposed to take the ferry to St. Georges to begin the tour and then back to the ship after the tour. I don't know if it is mistake on RCCL's part to offer the tour or if the ferry to St. Georges will be running an extra few days while the ship is in port. Our TA is going to check it out for us and I will post again if she finds out anything helpful.

• 3 months later...

Just to close the loop for anyone reading this thread in the future - while we were in port, they DID run ferries to St. George's on the 4th and 5th of November even though the summer schedule officially ended on the 3rd.

Typically the ferry service between Dockyard and St. George's is discontinued for the winter, and there is a reduction in the number of scheduled runs between Dockyard and Hamilton. That having been said, since you're on the last visit of the year by a "contract" cruise ship (the ships that call on Bermuda week in and week out during the season) they just might keep the St. George's run operational for those last two days...but that's just speculation on my part.