Elation Review--Lots of pics!

bluejay555

Myself & 2 friends are going on the Conquest 9-1-13. Two of us have been on cruise before so will have invite to the past guest party, so are you saying we can take our newbie friend with us, and they will let her in?? Thanks so much for your review.

What was once the Past Guest Party is now a party for Gold and higher cruisers. Must have cruised 25 days on Carnival to be invited now.

Well thank you!!! I'm glad you were able to find a balcony. I really wish we would have had at least a window. And yep, you'll probably have some cleaning to do when you get back :p

I keep reading conflicting things is there a supper club on the elation? Some sites say yes some say no.

Sorry there is not one. And the Fantasy class ships won't have them.

We got off the ship early and grabbed a taxi to Nachi Cocom. It cost $16 and took about 10 min to get there. I didn't have a working seat belt, but everyone else did, so that was OK. I was a little nervous though! Josie is still pretty small, so I brought along an inflatable booster seat, called a Bubble Bum. I got it off Amazon.com in case any of you are in the same boat. It was really easy to travel with, didn't take up much space, and made me feel much better about the drive.

cruise2013327_zpscc27be08.jpg

Thanks for adding this bit in your review. We are traveling with our daughter and her boys in January. She is worrying about car seats for her 4 year old son. I think something like this will work out great for her. I just sent her the link to the product on Amazon so she can read the product description and reviews.

They had 2 different kinds when we went on the Elation n December and the ones in white wrappers were sooo much better! I even asked our Steward for extras! :p

Loving your review so far! Bringing me back!

Thanks :) And that's interesting about the chocolates! I never did try the white ones this trip because my kids were hoarding them in their suitcases lol. They had fun eating them on our long drive home!

Thanks for adding this bit in your review. We are traveling with our daughter and her boys in January. She is worrying about car seats for her 4 year old son. I think something like this will work out great for her. I just sent her the link to the product on Amazon so she can read the product description and reviews.

Great! I'm so glad this helped! The only thing I didn't like about the Bubble Bum was the air-valve. It only takes a couple big puffs of air to inflate, but tons of air would escape as I was trying to screw on the plastic cap. It would always take me about 3 tries :rolleyes: Knowing this though, I'd still buy it anyway, because it fit into our beach bag, and served its purpose well. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!!!:D

Lunch time! We could pretty much order whatever we wanted and it was all included.

Not sure what these are. Taquitos maybe? We ordered tacos and didn't get them, so maybe they are a rolled up kind of taco?? Whatever they were, we liked them!

3_zpsb0780a3a.jpg

Those are real tacos (Mexican) and not what we are accustomed to here in the US as the Taco Bell type tacos.

Same thing with fajitas, burritos, etc. Those are also an American creation.

Thanks for posting ..Your girls looked liked they had the time of their lives!!! I'm jealous I wished I started my son when he was young .. : (

Thanks! And I'm sure your son appreciates you taking him cruising, even if he is all grown up :D

Those are real tacos (Mexican) and not what we are accustomed to here in the US as the Taco Bell type tacos.

Same thing with fajitas, burritos, etc. Those are also an American creation.

Interesting! Yeah, I'm realizing the Taco Bell I eat is nothing like authentic Mexican food :p

Awesome review, thanks for sharing! My husband and I will be on the Elation Sept 30th for our 2nd cruise! Our first was in May on the Conquest and we loved it so much we had to book another one! lol We are looking at the inclusive resort excursion y'all took in Cozumel, so glad to have a current review of it. :)

Awesome review, thanks for sharing! My husband and I will be on the Elation Sept 30th for our 2nd cruise! Our first was in May on the Conquest and we loved it so much we had to book another one! lol We are looking at the inclusive resort excursion y'all took in Cozumel, so glad to have a current review of it. :)

Wow, two cruises so close together...I'm jealous!! :p I'd love to be sailing away again soon!!! And you will LOVE Nachi Cocom!