Cigars

asmody

Have any fellow cigars smokers ecountered negative comments on board? Even the large cruise lines, like Celebrity, have done away with their cigar bars...I used to enjoy retiring to it after dinner for a glass of port or cognac, and smoke a good cigar. I know there are designated areas on Seabourn, but somehow I always feel I'm annoying non-smokers when I light up a cigar. As a Brit but long-time resident of USA, I miss my Cuban Montecristos but intend to buy some duty free when we pass through Heathrow, but I want to savour them. not keep looking over my shoulder furtively!

Have any fellow cigars smokers ecountered negative comments on board? Even the large cruise lines, like Celebrity, have done away with their cigar bars...I used to enjoy retiring to it after dinner for a glass of port or cognac, and smoke a good cigar. I know there are designated areas on Seabourn, but somehow I always feel I'm annoying non-smokers when I light up a cigar. As a Brit but long-time resident of USA, I miss my Cuban Montecristos but intend to buy some duty free when we pass through Heathrow, but I want to savour them. not keep looking over my shoulder furtively!

Silversea should be your choice as they have a cigar room for you to puff away without annoying non smokers.

Do yourself a favor and kick the habit,I have been nicotine free for 20 years,best thing I ever did.People don't want to be subjected to second hand smoke,it really is a matter of life and death.

So long as you are in a dedicated and enclosed 'cigar bar' then I have no problem. However, if I have to smell your cigar then I have a big problem.

Apparently so do the smokers. On our last crossing on the QM2, we had a woman at our table who complained that there were not enough places indoors for her to smoke. When I mentioned the enclosed smoking room, she replied: "I've been there. But there's too much smoke in the room for me." I guess she preferred to share her second-hand smoke with non-smokers.:eek:

Was my experience on Sojourn most of the cigar smokers went aft by the pool after dinner. No one complained.

People complained en masse in the past two cruises her eon the Odyssey about Cigar smokers going to Deck 5 and they have repeatedly told them where they must puff puff!!!!:eek:

The factual answer to your question, as per interpretation of Seabourn guidelines:

You can smoke cigars/cigarettes on your veranda/balcony, guidelines say refrain, but permitted and quite common.

On the 3 small ships, cigar smoking only permitted on open decks.

On the 3 big ships, cigar smoking permitted only on the starboard side deck area of Seabourn Square Terrace.

Enjoy your cruise and Montecristos.

As a fellow cigar smoker, it has been my experience that most who choose to respond to smoking related threads on this board will try to either:

1. Get you to stop smoking

2. Get you to sail on another cruise line

3. Tell you how much they hate smoking

or any combination of the above.

This has been such a contentious issue that the last thread on this subject was obliterated by the management.

I get the sense that what mariner says is more the rule than the exception.

As always, my advice is to be as courteous as possible while following the rules. I plan to "practice what I preach."

One other piece of advise, now that it's quite certain the NSA is archiving US citizen communications of all types, I'd make it clear that you're not planning to take any Cuban cigars into the US - they're still illegal.

Tim

One other piece of advise, now that it's quite certain the NSA is archiving US citizen communications of all types, I'd make it clear that you're not planning to take any Cuban cigars into the US - they're still illegal.

That's a reason to smoke them ON the cruise.

That's a reason to smoke them ON the cruise.

Absolutely, but he didn't say where he was going to smoke them. I sure as hell would.

Personally, I prefer the smell of cigars to the smell of some perfumes and colognes, especially by those who clearly have lost their own sense of smell.

I've brought this up previously. If you're transfixed on the subject of having your air polluted, you need to be consistent.

Were I to purchase Cuban cigars in a foreign port, I would make it a point of telling the sales person you are going to smoke them onboard. I say this because many places (in the Caribbean at least) ask for your name, ship and cabin number. I strongly suspect they get a reward from Customs for dropping dime on the purchasers.

I prefer smelly feet smell over Cigar or Cigarette smoke!:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Considering how often you're on the computer given your incessant posts on Cruise Critic, you won't ever be outside where the smokers are. Go enjoy yourself with real.people rather than spending time in cyberland.

Considering how often you're on the computer given your incessant posts on Cruise Critic, you won't ever be outside where the smokers are. Go enjoy yourself with real.people rather than spending time in cyberland.

I guess in "AdventureLand" they don't have Ipad Mini's that travel with you EVERYWHERE!....go figure? ....Get out there is Royal Caribbean btw.:rolleyes:

I guess in "AdventureLand" they don't have Ipad Mini's that travel with you EVERYWHERE!....go figure? ....Get out there is Royal Caribbean btw.:rolleyes:

I stand corrected. Somehow I did nt take you for being very techie. I thought you were old school.

Z-

Only 47? Hard to believe. You say you spend months on the ship. Are you who you say you are? Maybe crew- an ass't cruise director? You have all the menu and spa and staffing facts. So... you must work somewhere- for Seabourn?

Happy sailing!

Z-

Only 47? Hard to believe. You say you spend months on the ship. Are you who you say you are? Maybe crew- an ass't cruise director? You have all the menu and spa and staffing facts. So... you must work somewhere- for Seabourn?

Happy sailing!

Markham....no I am not a crew member but regular paying pax like Mrs. Witskie that pays my way and stays onboard Seabourn ships anywhere up to 8 to 10 months out of the year.

considering how often you're on the computer given your incessant posts on cruise critic, you won't ever be outside where the smokers are. Go enjoy yourself with real.people rather than spending time in cyberland.

+1....lol !!!

Archived