Valor July 14-21 plus Vieques; Port and photo intensive review

cra-z-2cruise

LOL! Thanks Aplmac, I didn't even know what it was,

just that it was pretty cool! :)

The Japanese eat those things!! :eek: -and I'm not kidding you!

Basically, a Holothurian is just one big long alimentary canal

with a mouth at the forward end -and a * at the other!

Shake em good, and out comes a bunch of sand!! Seriously.

Edited by Aplmac

The Japanese eat those things!! :eek: -and I'm not kidding you!

Basically, a Holothurian is just one big long alimentary canal

with a mouth at the forward end and a * at the other.

Shake en good, and out comes a bunch of sand!! Seriously.

Cool, but I was afraid to touch anything!

I read the link you posted too! Pretty interesting info, thanks!

We swam all the way out on the right side of the bay until we could see another beach around the rocks. Then was saw deer standing on the beach! What? I never even thought of deer at the beach!

On the way back I could tell DH was trying to show me something.

Where?

What?

Oh...sweet!

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-42-L.jpg

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-04-L.jpg

Back to the beach for a little rest and a look around. These flowers were blooming on the trees everywhere and were all over the ground, so I borrowed a few for a photo opp.

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-10-L.jpg

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-05-L.jpg

As the day went on, the other end became a little more crowded, but our little corner was nice and quiet!

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-48-L.jpg

I think it was around 1:00 that we decided to head back to the ferry landing.

Yes, it is a lot cooler.... I live in PR so I know how HOTTTT it can get in the summer LOL

Yes, it was hot, but we are from Southeast Texas and it was actually cooler on our trip than it was at home. Of course, home does not have the beautiful water or the lovely sea breeze either! Where is PR do you live? We really loved our time there!

Thanks!

I see you are sailing in October, in an aft wrap! Hope your ready to be hooked! :):):)

You're welcome!

I am already counting the days and specially looking forward to relaxing on our aft wrap balcony :p I know that after this my husband and I will be spoiled ;)

Yes, it was hot, but we are from Southeast Texas and it was actually cooler on our trip than it was at home. Of course, home does not have the beautiful water or the lovely sea breeze either! Where is PR do you live? We really loved our time there!

Puerto Rico, I live 40 min from Old San Juan :D

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-61-L.jpg

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-15-L.jpg

Walked around a little, then decided to head back.

Boarded the ferry and said "goodbye" to St John.

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-01-L.jpg

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-39-L.jpg

Back in the port area, DH was very patient while I looked around in a few stores.

I'm not really a shopper, but maybe a could "use" a new sundress...

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-11-L.jpg

$20? Yeah, that one works just fine!

St%20Thomas%202013%20PS%20-03-L.jpg

I few free liquor samplings on the walk back. Not sure exactly what time it was that we made it back, but was plenty of time to grab a slice of pizza and hit the shower before time to watch for runners.

We were tired and hungry by the time sail away was over. We had anytime dining and decided it was time to give it a try.

I know that anytime dining poses challenges for the waitstaff, but it was really, really slow. They were running their tales off, but just had too many tables. The food was okay, but not really great. However, we did not go hungry.

We spent 5 nights post cruise in Vieques. Loved, loved, loved it. You live in such a beautiful place.

I'm glad you loved it here!!! Yes, Vieques is beautiful and the beaches as well...... If you by chance come to PR again go to Culebra the beaches there are BEAUTIFUL!!!!;)

I'm glad you loved it here!!! Yes, Vieques is beautiful and the beaches as well...... If you by chance come to PR again go to Culebra the beaches there are BEAUTIFUL!!!!;)

We will be back! I had heard that Culebra had some beautiful beaches. The main draw to Vieques was for the biobay tour, which was awesome, but really fell in love with the rest of the place. Will have to check on places to stay in Culebra, or maybe just ferry over for the day. Any advice? Thanks :)

We spent 5 nights post cruise in Vieques. Loved, loved, loved it. You live in such a beautiful place.

That's the part of the review I'm waiting for ;) enjoy the rest as well! Love the new direct flights to pr for under 200. Just did 5 days is luquillo and enjoyed the rain forest and the kiosk.

So, on our only sea day I did my best to sleep in. Around 10:00 we went down for my first ever brunch at sea. It was the perfect opportunity to use our past guest drink coupon. I had a Mimosa and DS a Bloody Mary.

Sorry for the glare on the menu.

Carnival%20Valor%20PS%20201350-L.jpg

Carnival%20Valor%20PS%20201368-L.jpg

Carnival%20Valor%20PS%20201313-L.jpg

Carnival%20Valor%20PS%20201304-L.jpg

That last one is Funnest French Toast :confused:

It's french toast coated in your choice of cereal, then fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with warm syrup!

Unfortunately, no room for dessert :(

Brunch will be added to my sea day favorites!

That's the part of the review I'm waiting for ;) enjoy the rest as well! Love the new direct flights to pr for under 200. Just did 5 days is luquillo and enjoyed the rain forest and the kiosk.

LoL! You just made me do a web search for flights! $200 from where? Mine is still almost $477! :(

I would be in big trouble if air was that cheap for me!

When I went to book our cabin, I was shocked to find 9293 available. It is the first balcony cabin past the lido pool on the starboard side. I was a little concerned about the noise, but couldn't pass on the convenience of the location. We had stayed in similar location on another trip and loved it.

Well, it turned out to be pretty great! Literally steps from the lido pool and movies under the stars, and just a short walk to Rosie's, the grill, and the pool bar. I have to admit it was a little noisy during the deck parties, but we only had neighbors on one side and felt pretty secluded most of the time. Overall, it was pretty close to perfect. In the future I would probably pick a cabin a just a few doors back from ours.

Hi there. Loving your review so far. Keep it coming. As for your cabin, I always book the one opposite of yours. I call it . . . "the end unit" :D. I love that cabin and fortunately because we are usually on the Lido deck during a party, we rarely have a noise issue. Staying on the Lido deck is convenient, but the end units are the best. Looking forward to reading the rest of your review . . . :)

We will be back! I had heard that Culebra had some beautiful beaches. The main draw to Vieques was for the biobay tour, which was awesome, but really fell in love with the rest of the place. Will have to check on places to stay in Culebra, or maybe just ferry over for the day. Any advice? Thanks :)

Sorry if my english is not the best, my first language is spanish so I'm trying my best LOL...... The Biobay Tour is awesome, I'm glad you really liked it!! Culebra is very small, its smaller than Vieques, I would recommend staying in "Isla Grande''( thats what they (Vieques and Culebra) call PR) and just doing the ferry and enjoying the beaches there and then come back.:D

Edited by Alexlee

Yes, it is a lot cooler.... I live in PR so I know how HOTTTT it can get in the summer LOL
It's August here in Barbados at 13 degrees North of the Equator.

It's bearable now but..

It's get hotter when it gets muggy in Sept. and October

with Trop.Depression/Storm weather systems passing close by!

The nights are worse than the days

because the reduced wind-speeds during the day at 5 mph

..slow to nothing during the night. Very still.

You don't want to be here. Not then.

Sorry if my english is not the best, my first language is spanish so I'm trying my best LOL...... The Biobay Tour is awesome, I'm glad you really liked it!! Culebra is very small, its smaller than Vieques, I would recommend staying in "Isla Grande''( thats what they (Vieques and Culebra) call PR) and just doing the ferry and enjoying the beaches there and then come back.:D

I really appreciate your advice, thanks! Is there a ferry that runs between Vieques and Culebra? That was my initial plan. Really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of the place we stayed and was hoping to use that as a anchor point. Again, thanks for the insight. :):):)