Ncl spirit speciality dining with a 2yr old

Brochquine

Hi, we are sailing on the spirit in December and were looking at the different dining options available to us. Is it possible to take a 2yr old child to these restaurants and if so how much cover charge do they pay. We have cruised many times (rci and celebrity) before but all before our daughter was born, not sure how we will get on so any tips would be appreciated.

We have done two family cruises with our children and grandchildren on the Dawn and the Gem. There is no charge if children order from the kid's menu. If they order from the specialty menu, it is half price. A two year old is usually content with the children's menu. Go earlier to avoid slower service.

Actually if you do want to let your 2 yr old try something from the specialty menu they will be free. My son ordered chicken with udon noodles at Tepanyaki when he was 2. He got the full sized order, just not the soup and salad and there was no charge.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Both my wife and I like eating early in the specialty restaurants. We enjoy it in part because families are there. Do not hesitate to bring your daughter. My only suggestion is that you tell them that the dinner cannot take too long (so that the daughter does not get tired of sitting for too long). Anyway, enjoy and have a wonderful cruise.

If I may make a suggestion. Do you have an ipad or portable dvd player? We have cruised 4 times starting when my DD was 2. She is now 6. Makes all the difference in the world trying to get through a 90+ minute meal. The volume never is an issue in the MDRs as the crowd noise overshadows. Also, Cagney's on the Spirit has a private dining room you can request. Large round table that seats 10 I think. And it has a leather sofa/bench in there. After 20 minutes and my DH was finished eating she would lay down on the bench and watch tv. Have a great time!

Archived