Disney Fantasy September 21-28, 2013

KidAtHart

I hope I'm doing this right! LOL!!! I just booked the Disney Fantasy on September 21-28. My girls are home schooled so thankfully we have a great deal of flexibility in our schedule. We took our first cruise in February 2012 and I promised them I would book a 7 day cruise before Carley turns 18 so she can enjoy the VIBE one last time. I have two daughters (Carley 17 and Kelsey 13) who had a TOTAL BLAST on our last trip. Accordingly, I thought I'd see if there are any other families traveling on this cruise. It would be awesome if my girls could start building a rapport with other teens prior to our trip. I would love for them to get to know each other so when they get on board they will have instant friends. My girls have Asperger's Syndrome (Autism Spectrum) which is basically a developmental delay. They are bright but lacking in social skills. While they are chronologically 17 and 13 they are emotionally less mature. Accordingly, if you have younger children they may be a perfect fit. I'm praying for some compassionate, sweet kids who are also Disney fanatics who will befriend my girls. Some people can't "see" their disability. Unfortunately, there is a lot of ignorance and therefore a lack of compassion and empathy in this world. Consequently, I have a tendency to be over protective. I prefer to think of myself as an advocate. I just want my children to have an amazing vacation because it's my intention to bring joy into their lives whenever possible. Dreams do come true!!! I look forward to meeting y'all!!!

Thanks,

Penny :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. the place to 'meet' fellow cruisers is on the roll call for your cruise. Go back to the main boards page, scroll down to ROLL CALLS, click on Disney, then on Fantasy, and look for a thread with the dates for your sailing. EM

PS: I believe that Disney also has a very active forum. I cannot remember what it's called at the moment, but remember spending a lot of time there last year when we were taking our son to WDW. But that site also had an active board for their cruise ships too. So, it would not hurt to post there too!

You are too kind! THANK YOU!!! I have no idea what I'm doing! LOL!!! Still have to figure out the acronyms y'all are using to describe your relationships .... guessing DD is daughter, have no clue what BIL is or something along those lines! LOL!!! OMG ... I used to be so cool and now I'm not ... showing my age ... that is for sure! Oh well ... it is what it is. So, if you don't mind writing me back where do I find this Disney resource you mentioned? In the mean time, I'll just google to see if I can find it. Thanks for your help! I LOVE this site ... it's so much fun to read all of the posts. I couldn't sleep last night so I just read for hours. It's so helpful to read feedback, etc. Thanks for reaching out!!! You are AWESOME!!! :)

I am sure your girls will have a wonderful time - and so will you!

Two more sites for you to check out:

If you go to disboards.com and passporterboards.com you will find community forums specific to all things Disney and Disney cruising.

There are roll calls, trip reports and general information posts - tons of good information!

I am just now getting the hang of all this, and must say that there are so many kind and helpful people out there who really do want to help and will go out of their way to assist.

Have a great voyage and say hi to Mickey and the gang for me!

Y'all are AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for the insight. I'm thankful that so many people reach out ... it's quite refreshing!!!

Your family deserves this magical experience! You create your reality with your thoughts. Start visualizing yourself on that cruise!!! Be thankful and know with all of your heart that the finances will appear to pay for the trip. Some how ... some way it will just show up. Then release it and it will come about. It's amazing how the Universe works.

Blessings to you and your family :)

Archived