Travel bed rail recommendation?

christa

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for travel bed rails for 3 year olds? I will be on 7 day Carnival Dream with 3 year old twin boys in September. We are a little leary of letting them sleep on the sofa bed without falling off, anyone had success with the blow up travel bed rails and would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

We just came off the Freedom of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), and the bed rail that comes with the bunk bed was enough for my 3-year-old. But then again, he doesn't move much. Are your kids big "sleeping tumblers"?

Yes, they do move around quite a bit. I have read that we may be able to turn the sofa bed around on Carnival, but not sure about this. Also, they do not sleep well together and I read that the pullman has a rail and using it with ladder and a bunch of pillows for one of the boys too. I am just not sure and thought I should go ahead and purchase some sort of travel bed rails. May just wind up throwing a mattress on the floor! Thanks for your reply : )

Some folks will use a swim noodle....you know...those foam things kids take in the pool? That could fit quite nicely under the fitted sheet and create a "curb" on the outside of the bed. They don't weight much....could be folded to fit around the perimeter of your largest suitcase.

Archived