Does ncl switch to local time in Caribbean?

sanger727

I am traveling on the Norwegian epic dec 14, 2013 to st Thomas, st Martin, and Nassau. I am attempting to book a private excursion in st Thomas. It is on our itinerary that we will be there from 8 am- 6 pm. The excursion starts at 9:15. My understanding is that in dec they will be on AST and we will be leaving from Miami, so if we stay at EST, we will actually dock at 9 local time, making the excursion completely undue able. When I told the excursion company this they said Norwegian switches to local time on this itinerary and we will be fine. Anyone w experience that can confirm that? Thanks!

They did on both the cruises I took one of which was the same itinerary that you will be on. CCL did not this past February though. I like it better when the switch to local time is made. NCL is great about announcing when to turn the clock back and ahead with plenty of broadcast announcements and info. in the cabin.

They did on both the cruises I took one of which was the same itinerary that you will be on. CCL did not this past February though. I like it better when the switch to local time is made. NCL is great about announcing when to turn the clock back and ahead with plenty of broadcast announcements and info. in the cabin.

I always book our excursions based on the "port" times I see on my NCL account in the "Vacation Summary". For instance, I'm taking Epic in November. I booked our St. Thomas excursion at 9AM and filled out the form to show we port at 8AM. I've never had an issue doing this.

When you leave the ship, they announce it and there is usually a big sign when you are leaving the ship telling you what time it is and what time to be back (so you can set your watches accordingly).

When you leave the ship, they announce it and there is usually a big sign when you are leaving the ship telling you what time it is and what time to be back (so you can set your watches accordingly).

I've never seen clocks (at least especially noticeable) by the gangway telling the current time. There is the big sign stating both crew members and passengers latest return times though. Passengers are told to change their clocks if needed the night before (or on some earlier night) in both Freestyle Daily and (usually) with a separate "Time change notice" card delivered with the daily.

I've never seen clocks (at least especially noticeable) by the gangway telling the current time. There is the big sign stating both crew members and passengers latest return times though. Passengers are told to change their clocks if needed the night before (or on some earlier night) in both Freestyle Daily and (usually) with a separate "Time change notice" card delivered with the daily.

:) I meant that (in the times I have cruised) there is a sign that says what time they came into port (not the exact time which would in fact require a clock) and the return time for passengers and crew. I saw that on the Pearl most recently and on the Jewel before that.

I'm wondering if the times listed on our vacation summary are each island's local time?

That is an idea though. Each ship should have a gigantic clock that says what time it is next to the port. ;)

Archived