Liberty vs. RCCL

I posted this on the Carnival board, and someone suggested I post here as well.

I've already got a post going regarding WHICH RCCL ship to look at....

We have the opportunity to go on a last minute cruise this month. I've found a great price on the Liberty for 3 people. My husband is thinking it would be worth an additional $1200 to sail on RCCL Allue / Oasis. Any thoughts???

Liberty is a huge, amazing ship and I highly recommend it, especially if it would be your first RCI cruise. The shows are excellent, especially Saturday Night Fever and Liberty has most of the RCI bells and whistles, such as Flowrider, skating rink, Royal Promenade, 3 story dining room....

But Oasis/Allure are on a whole another level. If you want to go all the way then yes, spend the extra money. However, if you think more cruises are on your horizon, it may be better to book Liberty and go with Oasis Class down the road a little.

Are you talking about Carnival Liberty? You really can't compare Carnival ships with Oasis or Allure. There is no comparison. Most people will tell you it is worth the price. But ultimately what is important to you is what you have to go with. If saving $1,200 is important than sail with the ship that saves you money.

Sorry...I think I may have misunderstood. If you were talking about Carnival Liberty, then yes, definitely, spend the extra money and go for Oasis/Allure. No comparison whatsoever, so costs can't be compared. If DH is willing to spend the money, this one's a no brainer. :)

If the $1200 wasn't a problem, I'd definitely go with the Oasis class. However, $1200 is a lot of money. It could pay for a whole other cruise. If you really can't afford it, go with the Carnival Liberty, but if money isn't an issue, definitely go Allure/Oasis!

Archived