Just lost $780...(no price match) grrrr.

[B][SIZE=4]Next time don't look after final payment.....lol. But you really didn't lose anything. In order to lose something, you must have it first in order to lose it. [/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4]Price fluctuation is the name of the game and it happens in most fields of business. You could buy a new car today, and tomorrow the car company adds a $2000 rebate. That's just the way it goes.[/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='Zigggypup'][B][SIZE=4]Next time don't look after final payment.....lol. But you really didn't lose anything. In order to lose something, you must have it first in order to lose it. [/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4]Price fluctuation is the name of the game and it happens in most fields of business. You could buy a new car today, and tomorrow the car company adds a $2000 rebate. That's just the way it goes.[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

However, if the rebate goes into effect before you take posession of the car you most likely will be entitled to it. I have never paid for a car 70 days before I put it into my garage. You have to pay off your cruise approx. 70 days before you actually take it.

The price went down because they need to fill the boat. They likely can't afford to magically reduce the rates of everyone on board. If they did this every time it happened everything on board would likely have to go up in price to make up the difference.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be frustrated myself, but this is just the way it works. If you are cruising outside of peak times and want to roll the dice waiting until the cruise gets closer to book may be a good idea for some.

I always seem to be cruising during peak season, so I always see the reverse. If I can't book my cruises 9+ months out I tend to pay more for it every time. Every single cruise in my signature below has gone up in price since I booked it; the upcoming holiday cruise has went up around 25%, others slightly less. My recent Oasis cruise fare had gone up 25% by the time I sailed as well.

I give Carnival credit for having some creative rate plans that allow for discounts (well, OBC credits) for price decreases after final payment. Granted there are additional risks, but I would think that percentage wise cancellations are rare. That being said, Carnival wouldn't do that unless it benefited them in some way. They are likely more dependent on on-board revenue than most other lines due to their low cost, so they probably (more so than others) need boats to sail full.

I keep my price tracking enabled after final payment only to see if I can find potential upgrades (to pay for).

[quote name='Ocean Boy']However, if the rebate goes into effect before y
you take posession of the car you most likely will be entitled to it. I have never paid for a car 70 days before I put it into my garage. You have to pay off your cruise approx. 70 days before you actually take it.[/QUOTE]

Archived