Drink Package

Good morning all.... just about to book my third RCI cruise, this time on Allure. I noticed something new since my last cruise (Christmas/NYE 2010).... there is now an option on some ships (including Allure) for an alcohol package... I can't find the link again but I think I saw that the alcohol package included non-alcoholic beverages (such as coke). Yes? No? Does it include the freestyle coke machines I've seen people talking about?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Good morning all.... just about to book my third RCI cruise, this time on Allure. I noticed something new since my last cruise (Christmas/NYE 2010).... there is now an option on some ships (including Allure) for an alcohol package... I can't find the link again but I think I saw that the alcohol package included non-alcoholic beverages (such as coke). Yes? No? Does it include the freestyle coke machines I've seen people talking about?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Use of the Freestyle machines is not included in the alcoholic drink packages.

Thanks!

Can I get a glass of pop at a restaurant/bar for free?

Last Cruise I did just the soda package and bought a few drinks a day. I'm not honestly sure if the alcohol package is worth it for the amount of booze I drink... but it might be good for the hubby

Thanks!

Last Cruise I did just the soda package and bought a few drinks a day. I'm not honestly sure if the alcohol package is worth it for the amount of booze I drink... but it might be good for the hubby

Yes, all you need is your SeaPass card to get a fountain soda from a bar or dining venue.

Thanks!

Yes, you can get a soda by the glass anywhere..Keep in mind you both have to purchase the alcohol package.. You can google or search on here to find out all the details.. :)

Thanks!

I believe the alcohol package must be purchased for everyone over 21 in the stateroom. So (if I understand your last sentence... perhaps I don't), both you and your husband would have to purchase the package - it couldn't just be him purchasing. I think the soda package is different, it can be purchased for just a single individual.

That's why I'm debating it.. it is worthwhile for the two of us to do when I drink mostly soda.... I'd like a few drinks but would I drink enough to make it worthwile?

Not to mention the free-style Coke machine sounds awesome LOL!

From what you are saying it sounds like the soda package is better for you. Assuming of course that your husband isn't a big drinker. A few drinks a day is probably better to pay a la carte than get the package.

From my calculations the package is about $50 a day pp and drinks are between 7-9$ so you would need 6 or 7 drinks a day (EVERYDAY INCLUDING PORT DAYS) to make it worthwhile.

Is it doable, heck ya (for me anyway) as a couple of beers and a couple of mixed drinks on the beach is easy. Then a glass or two of wine at dinner and we're set.

From my calculations the package is about $50 a day pp and drinks are between 7-9$ so you would need 6 or 7 drinks a day (EVERYDAY INCLUDING PORT DAYS) to make it worthwhile.

Average, not every day. It's pretty easy to nurse a Cuba Libre along for an hour while reading Hemminway in the Schooner Bar and keep it up all afternoon without even getting tipsy, and that can make for a very easy 10-drink day.

If you wait until you board to buy the package you may be able to buy the package for just your husband. It worked for me on Liberty,

You should read "the ultimate drinks package". Over 300 posts and lots of answers.

Archived