Planning outfits for the family

sherezada

Wow, just wow!

I am very organized and do pretty well packing, but if I need a spread sheet to go on vacation, I may just choose to stay home. If we are on a cruise, there are days that I may wear the same thing twice in one week. Or, I may decide to wear something that I planned to wear later in the week, and according to the spread sheet I would be all mixed up all week. Just go enjoy and not worry about what everyone is going to wear each day. JMO!!

Family_outfits.jpg?t=1375986902

:)

This looks like a logic game. Just need to add X's, O's and dots.:p:p

Please tell me I'm not the only one who tells my children, after age two, "We'll be gone for eight days and it will be hot weather. Please pack four pairs of shorts, one pair of pants, eight t-shirts, eight pairs of underwear, some church clothes, a sweater, and two swimsuits." :D ...............................

Obviously, we don't do family portraits on vacation. Much less stress. :)

KatieCharlotte, you're not alone!

I've done it this way for many, many years. Started this when DDtheOlder went to sleepaway camp for the first time at 8. Usually I write the list on their bathroom mirror with a dry or wet erase marker.

As they got older I told them how many days, any necessary special clothes and they couldn't pack any more than what would fit into a carryon. Made no difference whether we were flying, driving or going by train. They learnt real quick about mix & match and rewearing clothes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please tell me I'm not the only one who tells my children, after age two, "We'll be gone for eight days and it will be hot weather. Please pack four pairs of shorts, one pair of pants, eight t-shirts, eight pairs of underwear, some church clothes, a sweater, and two swimsuits." :D Only my older daughter thinks about coordinating shirts and shorts. I pack my favorite shirts, some shorts and capris that go with everything, a black skirt, and a couple dresses. When we get there, everyone has to put their clothes in their own drawers/shelves. Then each morning, we all get dressed.

Obviously, we don't do family portraits on vacation. Much less stress. :)

I have 5 kids, ranging in age from 10 - 17. For several years now, everyone has been packing themselves. Dd17 has been packing her own stuff since the age of 8, and I've never had to give her a packing list (but she does ask me to quiz her - "underwear?" "bathing suits?"

For the others, I write down what they need to bring (how many of each item). Honestly, I only check ds10's clothing - the rest just put stuff in suitcases. The only one who seems to forget things is DH, and after being married for 18 years, he is on his own with packing - tough love!

Archived