Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Absolute nightmare for the families of these poor, poor innocent people.

The combined effect of people realising that they are not safe at 33,000 feet and the wondering of how many of these arms are in the hands of these terrible new groups is sadly going to make many people worry about traveling. One can only guess at the repercussions of this.

How right you are.

Friends of mine stayed at The Goring a few weeks ago and were very disappointed, dirty glasses in the bar and poor room service, l was surprised.

How did your Highgrove evening go Lux, hope you enjoyed it.

S :)

That's a surprise .

I was there yesterday as I have been regularly for thirty years,never the slightest sign of anything being other than just so.

Tell your friends to stop picking up glasses that have some drink left in them,they are bound to be dirty after someone else has drunk from them and paid for them.:D

As for poor service,I'm not surprised that security threw them out!

Highgrove always good,lovely gardens a nice day,my friend Anton did the catering as he always does for the POW.

Nice one lux :D

First Ocado drop done and dusted, very impressed and it's so lovely to have Waitrose products again.

Shopping has become fun rather than a chore!

The infamous haddock fish fingers for lunch today, looks like its going to be a stormy afternoon......:)

Nice one lux :D

First Ocado drop done and dusted, very impressed and it's so lovely to have Waitrose products again.

Shopping has become fun rather than a chore!

The infamous haddock fish fingers for lunch today, looks like its going to be a stormy afternoon......:)

Do they deliver Jeffs recipe cards with every order or is that just a vicious rumour .

Come on Jeff we are waiting for your lunchtime offerering.

I am so please S is delighted with her first order. I hope Ocado neither goes bust or fails to renew with Waitrose.

I remeber saying to wifey when they launched at I think 85p - I think they went down to 65 when I get all sweaty ... and everyone poo pooed and the shares dived but I was going to buy a serious shed load of shares, but I'd already made a rule at that time - I had moved everything out of shares into cash some long time ago and still had a self-imposed "only cash - no equities" rule, and I didn't make an exception. (Rules are rules! Where would we be without rules? Italy!)

Really sorry about that now, because we would have been rich. 385 I believe. :(

Today ... I am afraid is the last day of my delicious 1p Lamb Kofta! Three weeks of 1p deliveries ended today. The freezer is brimming with stir-fry and ready to be minute steak ie butterflied and hammer tenderised and I know a lot of it will be binned in 6 months or so but who cares.

My barber came this morning and I had bought him (without warning him) 40 Sirloin steaks for his freezer which cost me 20p. To say he was a happy bunny is an understatement .... and I paid him for my haircut. Lucky chap!

I am now Shaun the sheep on top and shortly he will be Kofta inside ..... :D

shaun_the_sheep.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Ok all water coolerees and coolerettes

We are packed and waiting for car to pick us up and whisk us away to the land of pink salmontinis with roe

Only three duffel bags and a small suitcase

Just ridiculous

More from Alaska!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are packed and waiting for car to pick us up and whisk us away to the land of pink salmontinis with roe

Just ridiculous

More from Alaska!!!

BON VOYAGE Spin...:)

Just ridiculous

More from Alaska!!!

Have a really lovely trip. You sound like such a nice person and I hope you have a table with all our names on it.

Raise a drink to your coolies left bhind in this mire of trivia.

:):)

Truly delighted Jeff..:)should have ordered more but l need to re-organise my freezers.

Lamb sounds luvverlyjubberly ....been meaning to ask you about your peas...do you put bicarbonate in when you cook them? I do and they taste really nice.

S:)

No, just a little salt and undercook. I'm afraid we only take the petit pois and avoid the peas. I am a little pea person. I think it's the age. Or the diuretic.

No, just a little salt and undercook. I'm afraid we only take the petit pois and avoid the peas. I am a little pea person. I think it's the age. Or the diuretic.

Only ever use petit pois here also but l like them a little over cooked with the bicarb, they taste a bit sweeter. :)

Only ever use petit pois here also but l like them a little over cooked with the bicarb, they taste a bit sweeter. :)

S. Anything you touch will be sweeter gal! All that Steinary must stay on the skin and in the ethos for ever!

This week has been a particularly grumpy week. I wish I could change the world.

:(

S. Anything you touch will be sweeter gal! All that Steinary must stay on the skin and in the ethos for ever!

This week has been a particularly grumpy week. I wish I could change the world.

:(

Oh kind sir, you flatter me ..ha ha...

I get grumpy sometimes and the world news is very depressing. But....we have the Cruise Ship prog again later, wonder what our Mandy will have to say tonight...:D

:)

Have a really lovely trip. You sound like such a nice person and I hope you have a table with all our names on it.

Raise a drink to your coolies left bhind in this mire of trivia.

:):)

Agreed. And spinnaker - just for you - I made the tartare sauce myself for lunch today. Well it was an abject failure because we had no capers, but I did it in your honour ;)

Sophia, I'm doing the happy dance about your Ocado order. They really are great. The burning question is, did you get either an email or a text saying : " Your driver today is Jesus, in the courgette van"? I'd love it if I could tell all myf riends that Jesus delivered my fish fingers....

Jeff, when will Ocado renegotiate with Waitrose? I heard they went in with Morrisons? By the way, Shaun the Sheep suits you :D:p

Also Jeff, I don't know how us more sensitive types can turn off to all the bad things going on around us. I'm tired of watching the news - even BBC tonight - and hearing "this report contains disturbing images". So dont bloody show them then!

I'm reading up on Buddhism. If I become enlightened, I will share with the group. One thing I read today is that Buddhism teaches that life can be filled with suffering....

Sophia again, yes . Alaska would be very welcome now. The living room is 80 degrees and I'm far too uncomfortable to even think about trying to sleep. Upstairs will be worse :( And there's a storm abrewing.

Sophia, I'm doing the happy dance about your Ocado order. They really are great. The burning question is, did you get either an email or a text saying : " Your driver today is Jesus, in the courgette van"? I'd love it if I could tell all myf riends that Jesus delivered my fish fingers....

Jeff, when will Ocado renegotiate with Waitrose? I heard they went in with Morrisons? By the way, Shaun the Sheep suits you :D:p

Also Jeff, I don't know how us more sensitive types can turn off to all the bad things going on around us. I'm tired of watching the news - even BBC tonight - and hearing "this report contains disturbing images". So dont bloody show them then!

I'm reading up on Buddhism. If I become enlightened, I will share with the group. One thing I read today is that Buddhism teaches that life can be filled with suffering....

Sophia again, yes . Alaska would be very welcome now. The living room is 80 degrees and I'm far too uncomfortable to even think about trying to sleep. Upstairs will be worse :( And there's a storm abrewing.

I did indeed get an email.... from Maurice in the Lemon van..when he got here he told me to just call him Moz :rolleyes:

He was actually rather quite hunky. ;)

No storms here as yet but it is a tad cooler right now which is why I'm up so early with the back door open!

:)

The lamb looks lovely Jeff.....I see you're back on the vino ;) having a cheeky one here right now, as it's the weekend!

Prawn salad for lunch today with jackets.

I'm appalled at what I'm seeing on the news about this tragic air disaster, I've turned it off and can't even begin to imagine what those poor relatives are going through, it's bloody evil.

Sophia

Thanks for the kind word about my salad! I love fresh salad, and to me the base has to be a pointed sweet cabbage! I use to go to a lovely sheftalia place in Pafos before it was really touristy and mum use to make the salad in a big bucket adding lots of flat leaf parsley. You could order lamb kebab or shaftalia – or mixed in pitta. My little legs accelerated as we got closer and closer. Sadly long gone now. I promised wifey that if our finances went belly up I would buy her a bucket and I'd take up the kebabs over charcoal whilst smoking the obligatory cigarette.

On to a more serious topic. What has made me very grumpy this week wasn't the photographs or the news but one aspect that has just made me sadder and sadder over the last few weeks. It has really got to me and upset me. It is the emerging and increasing trend of using smart phone cameras to film people suffering.

On Monday we were presented with a group of ISIS people dragging a poor wretch of a man into a square, blindfolded and bound where a few machete wielding men harangued the “audience” and at the moment that they wielded the machetes and took that poor man's life, the “audience” all seemed to pull out their cameras in order to get the best possible picture to share or upload.

Later in the week we had those poor children playing football on the beach slaughtered by a missille. What were the first arrivers doing? All of them seemed to be taking pictures of those poor children to share or upload.

Then we had the terrible pictures of the downed Malaysian plane. What were the first arrivers first actions? To take pictures to share and upload.

Every day on our TV's and in our papers we now see that the first action of bystanders when someone is suffering or in trouble is to pull their phone out and photograph it? Why is no one complaining about this?

If you take the first situation I mention, the ISIS murder of that poor wretched man, you ask what was the most potent weapon? Was it the machete or was it the camera? ISIS managed to take over a country with a handful of terrorists through the dissemination of terror. The well equipped and well trained and overwhelmingly outnumbering Iraqi army simply ran away in terror thoughtfully leaving their Western supplied equipment behind and this was entirely due to the pictures being uploaded about ISIS barbarity. Was it a single act of murder or was it the dissemination of it through the use of mobile cameras that was the most potent that allowed a rabble of fighters to take over a country?

We have long accepted in the arena of child abuse that an adult photographing a child being abused is guilty of the abuse. We even treat the person simply looking at the picture of the child as being equally guilty of a serious offence. Why is it that society does not feel that we need to sanction the taking of a picture of a person without their consent in the last moments of their lives, or after or when they are suffering? Why has it become acceptable for people in the most terrible moments of their lives to be deprived of dignity and as much privacy as we can as a society afford them? When is this going to stop? It use to be the first instincts of decent people seeing others in trouble was to rush to their help. What has changed? And if you were unlucky enough to see a dead person, you would cover them or their face with your own clothing, not photograph them. Why do I not hear other voices upset about this new and terrible trend?

I hope there is a tolerance of serious issues around the cooler as well as our normal trivia. I mean not to upset others, but it is only the citizens of the world thinking and sharing thoughts about serious things and influencing others that will cause change.

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Sophia, love your driver being called "Moz". Mine are always called Andy, or Dave, or Chris....

Jeff, of course we should be free to discuss the more serious things about life while we're here - we'd do that if we were standing round the water cooler in real life wouldn't we?

As you know, I was especially upset by the content on the BBC 10pm news last night. And it's connected to what you wrote about, because I don't feel they'd show such graphic images on the tv if members of the public weren't wielding their own cameras at every tragedy.

I think the rationale is that the images are already out there, and even though the images on the news were not as horrific as some that are available on the internet, the tv news now feels justified in showing it. The material they showed last night brought nothing of use to the report. I know that 298 people died : I don't need to see their bodies.

I can't imagine what the families of those people are going through.