Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Ooohhhhhh...that's one lovely looking stir fry....and now you're off to the seaside, don't forget your pea shooter to sort them dirty seagulls out! ;)

I'm hoping to head over to the Mall tomorrow to upgrade my iPad if l can get myself out of bed early enough, this retirement lark can make one rather lazy at times and this humidity doesn't help....l get tired doing nothing..:rolleyes:

S:)

Good gawd Lux, you're not eating today :eek: surely a bit of rabbit food wouldn't hurt...such fasting isn't good you know..:)

It's been working a treat,I have lost nearly three stone,the down side is that my tailor is now busy making me new suits.

It's been working a treat,I have lost nearly three stone,the down side is that my tailor is now busy making me new suits.

Hello Lux,

Good to see the weight dropping off! I sadly had more wine than I should today and will be suffering.

Are you spending more time on cruises than land-based travel these days? I'm finding it difficult to make the mind turn from travels like my Singapore trips for the idea of imminent cruises.

finally able to get on the internet.

i can as well. report we are enjoying every moment in this remote part of the world.

we just returned from a zodiak voyage during which time we saw american bald eagles soaring in the sky, no other human beings, brown bears with cubs, volcanic rock and vast space and pristine wilderness.

as soon as i am able to upload photos i will.

sufficeth to say, its gorgeous.

true the ship has kinks and needs to be tweaked. more on that when i am able to post without time limits.

Hello Lux,

Good to see the weight dropping off! I sadly had more wine than I should today and will be suffering.

Are you spending more time on cruises than land-based travel these days? I'm finding it difficult to make the mind turn from travels like my Singapore trips for the idea of imminent cruises.

Hi Jeff,

I'm down to a couple of cruises a year and sometimes a land base fill in or a few days tacked on to a cruise.

Funny you should ask as I was wondering when you last took a cruise.

I know that you like your Singapore slings but what about trying Seabourn which is performing much better than Silversea,you would enjoy the friendly guests and the grub.

I've had my porridge this morning nothing else for me today except a bit of gym time.

Work is busy and I am trying to keep all the plates spinning.

Is it battered fish today as you're off to the coast? Or a Dorset Meze

Drink still water Jeff for a couple of days,stay off the coke and tea and coffee.

Eat fruit,you'll be right as rain in no time.

Yes we had three in a single year around three years ago. A Seadream freeby and two on SS in the same year. We disliked Seadream intensely and wasn't over keen on the last two SS experiences, so had been holding off. Before then we were taking two each year for a time - partly work as we had clients in several ports or close to ports but mostly pleasure. If and when we have a "next cruise" it will certainly more likely to be on SB largely due to your enthusiasm.

At the moment we're still a bit wary about it. We would only do either Med or Oz/Asia but for various reasons at the moment it isn't compelling enough. I currently have 3 three week trips planned to Singapore in the next 12 months, plus some odds and sods around Europe and we're playing with finding somewhere new in Ozland to explore. I have an interest in a charity in Vietnam I have promised to visit for years but haven't and may do that but I'm a bit scared in case I get even more enthusiastic than currently and get roped in even more!

We shall see.

Yes we had three in a single year around three years ago. A Seadream freeby and two on SS in the same year. We disliked Seadream intensely and wasn't over keen on the last two SS experiences, so had been holding off. Before then we were taking two each year for a time - partly work as we had clients in several ports or close to ports but mostly pleasure. If and when we have a "next cruise" it will certainly more likely to be on SB largely due to your enthusiasm.

At the moment we're still a bit wary about it. We would only do either Med or Oz/Asia but for various reasons at the moment it isn't compelling enough. I currently have 3 three week trips planned to Singapore in the next 12 months, plus some odds and sods around Europe and we're playing with finding somewhere new in Ozland to explore. I have an interest in a charity in Vietnam I have promised to visit for years but haven't and may do that but I'm a bit scared in case I get even more enthusiastic than currently and get roped in even more!

We shall see.

Yes Aus appeals to me and I have never been but have a few friends that we have met over the years on cruises.

Australians seem to be ever present on our cruises which is nice as they are good fun.

I am looking at Christmas/New year 2015 Singapore to HK on the Seabourn Sojourn.

This Christmas is Cape Town round trip for a couple of weeks plus a stay at The Twelve Apostles near Cape Town.

The charity sounds like a worthwhile thing

I bet you could do cooking demonstrations in the street like dearly departed Keith Floyd did.

I loved his style and manner.

I visited him once when he had a pub/restaurant in Tuckenhay Devon it was called

Floyds inn (sometimes)

Edited by Mr Luxury

Yes, he bankrupted that place and if I recall correctly it was owned with a partner who he left in the lurch. You can hire a boat in Darmouth and go right up to the pub and tie up. I've been there a few times as it's local to our place in Devon.

It would be inappropriate to do street food in Ho Chi Min because the charity is for street children...... ;)

We'd been supporting it through personal and through the business. We did incentivised reaseach ie anywhere between $1 and £150 for each piece of feedback to a choice of 3 charities which I chose. All small. The Irish lady who started the charity bought her family to our house a few years ago and that was a memorable day as she likes singing. We've also offered pro-bono advice.

On the business front we liked to have defined projects that you could feel and see like a school or something so that people participating in our programme could see and feel where "their" contributions was going.

From our personal cash we sponsorthings like "ukcruisecritic and wife's trip to the beach" where we pay for a few coaches and food and refreshments to take all the kids to the beach for a day to play and have a picnic. Many have never seen the sea or sand before. They send us photographs of the day - typical ones below. They ask us to come and join them and the kids ...

It is a lovely cause where you can see what they actually do with the cash. They also seed small businesses with loans so that families can become self-sufficient and look after themselves. A popular choise is a bike and trolley with street food equipment. If anyone want to give cash .......:)

These are some of the pics they send us.

0E99426C-9DB1-491C-AF85-BAE8B209AA4D.jpg

Mr L will be busy keeping us entertained for the first week in August.......don't give him any ideas to disappear before we get there.

Jeff I understand your fondness for Singapore as we like to get there when we can. It is all those wonderful food choices that pull us in.

Why don't you do the Hong Kong - Singapore with Mr L over the holiday period in 2015? There is quite a few Vietnam stops.

Julie

Spinnaker2 your Alaska trip sounds wonderful and one of the trips we are looking to do on SilverSea.

Mr L will be busy keeping us entertained for the first week in August.......don't give him any ideas to disappear before we get there.

Jeff I understand your fondness for Singapore as we like to get there when we can. It is all those wonderful food choices that pull us in.

Why don't you do the Hong Kong - Singapore with Mr L over the holiday period in 2015? There is quite a few Vietnam stops.

Julie

Spinnaker2 your Alaska trip sounds wonderful and one of the trips we are looking to do on SilverSea.

Yes Julie good call,

I will need Jeff to get the best deal on the flights as they could possibly be more than the cruise.

Don't worry we are not going away while you are in London and are very much looking forward to seeing you and Keith again.

PS the birthday girl was tired and emotional after six glasses of Ruinart Rose at the Goring,she even got a bottle as a present when we went to LV to shop.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Yes Julie good call,

I will need Jeff to get the best deal on the flights as they could possibly be more than the cruise.

Don't worry we are not going away while you are in London and are very much looking forward to seeing you and Keith again.

PS the birthday girl was tired and emotional after six glasses of Ruinart Rose at the Goring,she even got a bottle as a present when we went to LV to shop.

Mrs L told me she had a lovely day and was appropriately spoilt. Well Done!!!

The men in the household had a meatballs braised in a tomato sauce with spaghetti. I had smoked salmon with salad and it's alcohol free for me tonight........sigh.:(

Mrs L told me she had a lovely day and was appropriately spoilt. Well Done!!!

The men in the household had a meatballs braised in a tomato sauce with spaghetti. I had smoked salmon with salad and it's alcohol free for me tonight........sigh.:(

Yes Julie,you've got to get into shape for your trip

Don't know about Keith with meatballs and spaghetti.

Yes, he bankrupted that place and if I recall correctly it was owned with a partner who he left in the lurch. You can hire a boat in Darmouth and go right up to the pub and tie up. I've been there a few times as it's local to our place in Devon.

It would be inappropriate to do street food in Ho Chi Min because the charity is for street children...... ;)

We'd been supporting it through personal and through the business. We did incentivised reaseach ie anywhere between $1 and £150 for each piece of feedback to a choice of 3 charities which I chose. All small. The Irish lady who started the charity bought her family to our house a few years ago and that was a memorable day as she likes singing. We've also offered pro-bono advice.

On the business front we liked to have defined projects that you could feel and see like a school or something so that people participating in our programme could see and feel where "their" contributions was going.

From our personal cash we sponsorthings like "ukcruisecritic and wife's trip to the beach" where we pay for a few coaches and food and refreshments to take all the kids to the beach for a day to play and have a picnic. Many have never seen the sea or sand before. They send us photographs of the day - typical ones below. They ask us to come and join them and the kids ...

It is a lovely cause where you can see what they actually do with the cash. They also seed small businesses with loans so that families can become self-sufficient and look after themselves. A popular choise is a bike and trolley with street food equipment. If anyone want to give cash .......:)

Nice work Jeff,a very worthwhile cause to see the smiles on the faces of the children.

I like to see where my donations are going and what good it does.

Jeff let us know how I can get some cash to you when we get to London. I agree helping them to become self sufficient is a great gift as they can then build on that. My sister does a lot to support a Cambodian Orphanage to help the children get an education. I am into the Medicine side of things.

Those children look like they are having the best fun!!

Jeff let us know how I can get some cash to you when we get to London. I agree helping them to become self sufficient is a great gift as they can then build on that. My sister does a lot to support a Cambodian Orphanage to help the children get an education. I am into the Medicine side of things.

Those children look like they are having the best fun!!

That is so lovely. Very much appreciated.

What would be more reassuring for you would to be to send the cash direct from you to them. I won't put a link, but I guess there's no issue with stating. She has a prsesence in Australia. If you google Christina Noble.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff

Hello water peeps

In unga spit

Zodiac wet landing

Deserted gold mining town

Amazing to walk around

Saw owls, puffins, lots of flowers, wild raspberries, blueberries, spectacular cliffs where seabirds are nesting

Tomorrow Dutch harbor, and a dry landing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello water peeps

In unga spit

Zodiac wet landing

Amazing to walk around

Saw owls, puffins, lots of flowers, wild raspberries, blueberries, spectacular cliffs where seabirds are nesting

Sounds lovely.......I don't know why but Puffins are on my list of birds/animals I want to see. I am doing an Otter walk when we visit Island of Mull because they are also on my list.......I hope I get to see them.

That is so lovely. Very much appreciated.

What would be more reassuring for you would to be to send the cash direct from you to them. I won't put a link, but I guess there's no issue with stating. She has a prsesence in Australia. If you google Christina Noble.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff

I googled Christina Noble and she is a very interesting lady. I read a newspaper interview from a couple of years ago and she seems an amazing lady and would very interesting to meet.

Donation sent and had Vietnamese Coleslaw with Chicken & Prawns last night for dinner made be me.........Keith was impressed. You should try it Mr L very yummy with a touch of heat and very low calorie. No alcohol again.......see Jeff you inspired me.:)

Jeff, the children look very happy, great photos.

Haven't been on for a couple of days as I've been trying to sort our trip out. Flights booked, now accommodation. As we'll be spending nearly all our time in London, we're looking at the Cumberland - handy to shops and tube and if we stay in an Executive Room we'll have access to the Lounge.

Will probably go up to Widnes for one night - to visit my mum and dad in the cemetery :) - and stay with my Uncle then back to London. Will be a real girls trip with lots of shopping, eating and drinking. My daughter turns 21 while we're away and wants to go to the Sugar Hut in Essex! Not sure I'll be up to that.

Karin

Mr L - I get emails from SB and have been very tempted by some of their cruises.

We should all 'jump ship' - would be fun to have a 'Cooler' meet and mingle.

Karin

PS: Mrs L is a very lucky lady.

Hello water peeps

In unga spit

Zodiac wet landing

Amazing to walk around

Very envious!!

If you want to play around with uploading full size pics using the approach I suggested - don't fret about making mistakes or anything. Use the watercooler to experiment and ask any questions.

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventure.