Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

What a wonderful pair they made. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

Gordon Brown will be the man remembered for selling the UK gold reserves at the bottom of the market and killing off the best pensions regime in the world. And Blair for Iraq and getting rich as a result.

Still at least they hated each other more than we could ever do!

:)

You mean the unelected PM....after ten years of BB....little wonder security was tight....how the other half live eh! :rolleyes:

S:)

You mean the unelected PM....after ten years of BB....little wonder security was tight....how the other half live eh! :rolleyes:

Please don't start me up! :(

He keeps saying that he was a democratically elected PM but none of them are. We vote for an individual MP. They are "whipped" and cannot even do as we or they want. The unions appoint the leader, and the leader becomes PM with no intervention from any of us! :eek:

That millipede character looks a real winner.

Please don't start me up! :(

He keeps saying that he was a democratically elected PM but none of them are. We vote for an individual MP. They are "whipped" and cannot even do as we or they want. The unions appoint the leader, and the leader becomes PM with no intervention from any of us! :eek:

That millipede character looks a real winner.

Jeffers me old bean....the very talk of political antics is enough to raise my BP at a rate of knots...so much so that l find myself switching off these days!

Whipped indeed....:rolleyes:

S :)

What do you think lux is having for his first course?

Must be tucking in about now. No scraps for us then!

As Dick Emery would say..." You are awful...but l like you" :D

Scraps? Don't be daft....I've been told they empty the dustbins every night down south so no chance of any rummagin!

I always remember our friend MW saying that one should never dine after 6pm as it's not good for one's digestive system....or indeed to guarantee a good sleep.....but what do l know....l had the bacon/ chip buttie earlier and damn good it was too....you're a bad influence dontcha know...;)

Helloooo water cooler lurkers and posters...greetings from st Matthews island. We hiked the tundra, the beach and saw more flowers and birds. No one lives here.

Pretty exposed, nary a tree either. There were reindeer at one time, imported as an experiment. They thrived and then ate all of the food available to them, and eventually died. Overpopulation meet limited food resources. You just can't fool Mother Nature.

I will have to post pictures when we come back as I will need to re download photobucket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lux,

what a bleedin' idiot that Blair is. :eek:

The newspaper headline I wrote for the Mail yesterday, appears today! What was that idiot thinking! Totally predictable!

'He should be in the Middle East, not the UK': Peace envoy Tony Blair blasted for throwing surprise birthday party for wife Cherie's 60th at their £6million mansion - as Gaza death toll passes 1,050

Peace envoy Tony Blair's role is to hammer out ceasefire in times of conflict

But he spent most of last week in UK before hosting lavish party 'He should be in the Middle East, not the UK': Peace envoy Tony Blair blasted for throwing surprise birthday party for wife Cherie's 60th at their £6million mansion - as Gaza death toll passes 1,050

Peace envoy Tony Blair's role is to hammer out ceasefire in times of conflict

But he spent most of last week in UK before hosting lavish party for Cherie

He held surprise 60th birthday party at £6m mansion in Buckinghamshire

Invited 150 of the couple's closes friends, including ministers and TV stars

Hired Strictly Come Dancing's Ian Waite and Kristina Rihanoff to perform

Also hired comedian Bobby Davro to entertain guests at the £50,000 party

Mr Blair’s unexpected birthday party – held against a backdrop of death and destruction in Gaza – was criticised last night, with some saying he could have held it later, as Cherie’s actual birthday is not until September 23.

One guest, who asked not to be named, said: ‘It was a really good party and so well organised. Blair made a good speech.’ But he went on: ‘Although he should have been in the Middle East. But you sometimes think, what exactly has he done in the Middle East?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706941/He-Middle-East-not-UK-Peace-envoy-Tony-Blair-blasted-throwing-surprise-birthday-party-wife-Cheries-60th-6million-mansion-Gaza-death-toll-passes-1-000.html

Which one were you?:)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

As Dick Emery would say..." You are awful...but l like you" :D

I always remember our friend MW saying that one should never dine after 6pm as it's not good for one's digestive system....or indeed to guarantee a good sleep.....but what do l know....l had the bacon/ chip buttie earlier and damn good it was too....you're a bad influence dontcha know...;)

We went off to the fireworks last night. if you had sneezed, you would have missed half!

All your talk of Porky Chippy sandwiches changed our plan, and despite your friends advice that is what me and the boss were eating at 2 am on the balcony after 3 episodes of The Sopranos.

Watching the whole thing again second time around has been so much more enjoyable !

What are you and The Dog munching today? Planning the next Ocado?

We went off to the fireworks last night. if you had sneezed, you would have missed half!

All your talk of Porky Chippy sandwiches changed our plan, and despite your friends advice that is what me and the boss were eating at 2 am on the balcony after 3 episodes of The Sopranos.

Watching the whole thing again second time around has been so much more enjoyable !

What are you and The Dog munching today? Planning the next Ocado?

That all sounds like great fun!! The 'friend' l referred to was Mr Winner....remember?

Just ventured out to the local store for a paper and had forgotten they're closed to put the new bakery in.....duh :rolleyes: I hate going out on a Sunday anyway as our roads around here a clogged with cycling clubs who think they own the road....they should start paying tax !!

Today's offering....lamb cutlets from my butcher with roasted potatoes and cauli cheese. Fresh fruit salad for dessert. Pup may get a wee taste so he doesn't feel left out but from past experience I've found lamb and dogs don't agree!!:eek:

Happy Sunday :)

That all sounds like great fun!! The 'friend' l referred to was Mr Winner....remember?

Just ventured out to the local store for a paper and had forgotten they're closed to put the new bakery in.....duh :rolleyes: I hate going out on a Sunday anyway as our roads around here a clogged with cycling clubs who think they own the road....they should start paying tax !!

Today's offering....lamb cutlets from my butcher with roasted potatoes and cauli cheese. Fresh fruit salad for dessert. Pup may get a wee taste so he doesn't feel left out but from past experience I've found lamb and dogs don't agree!!:eek:

Happy Sunday :)

Not boasting .... but did I mention that our house guard dog peed on MW's stuff when we were renting at Paynes Bay and he was on the beach at Sandy Lane!

"your dog just peed on my stuff"

"It's not our dog"

A Clouseau moment. :D

That was a lovely old dog. He wasn't choosy or a snob. He peed on them all without favour or pomposity.

Not boasting .... but did I mention that our house guard dog peed on MW's stuff when we were renting at Paynes Bay and he was on the beach at Sandy Lane!

"your dog just peed on my stuff"

"It's not our dog"

A Clouseau moment. :D

That was a lovely old dog. He wasn't choosy or a snob. He peed on them all without favour or pomposity.

That was a funny tale....didn't you meet up with MW again at the Cannes film festival?

He used to host regular events at The Belvedere in Holland Park....l love that place....the art work is a delight and they do an excellent Sunday lunch for under £30 a head.

That was a funny tale....didn't you meet up with MW again at the Cannes film festival?

He used to host regular events at The Belvedere in Holland Park....l love that place....the art work is a delight and they do an excellent Sunday lunch for under £30 a head.

I'm repeating meself Gal! I am an old forgetful git! Uncle Michael. Never did get that bleedin' postal order!

Happy Sunday Everyone from The Balcony!

8DB99872-90D9-4BD3-849E-A4982FA4C297.jpg

Lux,

what a bleedin' idiot that Blair is. :eek:

The newspaper headline I wrote for the Mail yesterday, appears today! What was that idiot thinking! Totally predictable!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706941/He-Middle-East-not-UK-Peace-envoy-Tony-Blair-blasted-throwing-surprise-birthday-party-wife-Cheries-60th-6million-mansion-Gaza-death-toll-passes-1-000.html

Which one were you?:)

Bobby Davros' script writer.:p

Have a lovely Sunday

The great and the good,

I'm not saying but a nice mix politically speaking.

Not saying? :confused:

You'll have to explain that one,'cos I'm being all thick again!

If you can say you were there, and who else was there, why not who was on the same table. Same tent, just same table.Spill the beans dad. Us lot can only press our noses on the canvas,

You've gone all coy and that ain't like the Lux who posts here normally. Normally so forthcoming. :D

Not saying? :confused:

You'll have to explain that one,'cos I'm being all thick again!

If you can say you were there, and who else was there, why not who was on the same table. Same tent, just same table.Spill the beans dad. Us lot can only press our noses on the canvas,

You've gone all coy and that ain't like the Lux who posts here normally. Normally so forthcoming. :D

I was just thinking that Jeff...bugger the table mates if they were only the great and good....the mind does at times boggle..:rolleyes:

I want to know what the nosh was like...lamb according to the Mail....it all sounded rather basic, but l guess anything is better than meat pies and kebabs whilst hob nobbin.....:D

Loved your Pimms pic.....cheeky wine on the to here....:)

I also loved your Pimms pic, Jeff. In fact it's inspired me to gather the tribe together for a long walk and a proper Sunday lunch at the local. Cool enough here today to justify some roast beef.

Oh just quickly, I did laugh at the story of the dog and MW in Barbados. I'm surprised the tale never made it to his ST column. :D

I also loved your Pimms pic, Jeff. In fact it's inspired me to gather the tribe together for a long walk and a proper Sunday lunch at the local. Cool enough here today to justify some roast beef.

Oh just quickly, I did laugh at the story of the dog and MW in Barbados. I'm surprised the tale never made it to his ST column. :D

Please don't over feed your tribe on solids. It isn't fair.

He never mentioned me in his ST column. It is a source of unfettered angst. Obviously there is no DNA to prove he is my Uncle.

Just saying. ....;)

Please don't over feed your tribe on solids. It isn't fair.

He never mentioned me in his ST column. It is a source of unfettered angst. Obviously there is no DNA to prove he is my Uncle.

Just saying. ....;)

oh that unfettered angst - I've got plenty of that. Awful neuroses but none are MW inspired!

was the Sandy Lane episode before or after the infamous takeover several years ago?

oh that unfettered angst - I've got plenty of that. Awful neuroses but none are MW inspired!

was the Sandy Lane episode before or after the infamous takeover several years ago?

A long long time before. There were only three or four properties on Paynes Bay which is the next bay from Sandy Lane at that time. One was called Old Trees House owned by Lord Vestey ie the butchers shops and Argentinian beef trade. We rented that one for a few winters. Now it has been flattened and is completely over developed. Straight from the garden, over a wall and on to the beach. It was a lovely time in Barbados.

I must admit I find it perplexing how anyone wishing to have a future in British politics would want to be seen as being an attendee at this event.

This chap Millipede who believes he should be our next Prime Minster and has yesterday exhorted us to not be facile and trivial and superficial and abandon gloss and shine and see him as a man of good judgement, a man of the common people and principle and evidently thought this was both the event and his support and close association with Tony Blair and the timing for him to be there with over 1000 people losing their lives to have his free meal and rub shoulders with the rich and questionable and the person seen by most as being the root cause. I think most of us cannot stomach those that say one thing, and ask of us to take a leap of trust and then attend this event. If those within the Labour party don't get this and fail to recognise what this means it could be missing the small seed of his end game. It depends on their competence.

What people currently in the UK believe that this event and this ex-PM is a good man to be associated with? :confused:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/blair-throws-surprise-60th-for-wife-cherie-invites-bobby-davro-to-perform-9631551.html