Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Julie,

I'd layer up with the packing, summer tops and trousers/skirts with a couple of sweaters for cooler days and a lightweight jacket....mix and match and maybe something dressy if Lux is planning to take you to one of his posh gaffs! ;)

Whilst it's currently been melting here the weather is not consistent so can change very quickly.

Sophia :)

Thanks for this Sophia. I have the dressy things sorted.......I think :confused:.

Busy here trying to get the sons and dogs organised so I can head off with no guilt feelings.

Everyone enjoy your day and chats........sorry about the laundry Sophia, that chore is on my list as well.

I will be glad when in four days I can get on the plane and go "I may as well relax as I can't do anything more". :D

Julie

Thanks for this Sophia. I have the dressy things sorted.......I think :confused:.

Busy here trying to get the sons and dogs organised so I can head off with no guilt feelings.

Everyone enjoy your day and chats........sorry about the laundry Sophia, that chore is on my list as well.

I will be glad when in four days I can get on the plane and go "I may as well relax as I can't do anything more". :D

Julie

You enjoy your trip!

Watching a programme about Perth at this very moment by coincidence!

Julie

You're welcome Julie :)

I wouldn't worry too much about being dressy....elegant casual is fine.

I always feel better once I'm on the plane too....nothing else to do and what's forgotten stays that way!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time....safe travels ..

Talking of holidays, I'm almost there with all my arrangements for October....still not sure whether to fly down to LHR or go on the train to KC and book a car service. Have used Addy Lee in the past but last time wasn't too happy with them. I know it's a long way off but l do like to be organised! :rolleyes:

Lovely evening here, just the right temp for me and the pup....my second Ocado shop is in the bag for Friday....I got a little more adventurous this time!

Talking of holidays, I'm almost there with all my arrangements for October....still not sure whether to fly down to LHR or go on the train to KC and book a car service. Have used Addy Lee in the past but last time wasn't too happy with them. I know it's a long way off but l do like to be organised! :rolleyes:

Lovely evening here, just the right temp for me and the pup....my second Ocado shop is in the bag for Friday....I got a little more adventurous this time!

I hoped you ordered some good stuff. It's about time we posted our shopping lists!

I know what you mean by getting things organised. Addy Lee are considered the best in London from what I can see.

You must be really looking forward to the trip.

Jeff

I hoped you ordered some good stuff. It's about time we posted our shopping lists!

I know what you mean by getting things organised. Addy Lee are considered the best in London from what I can see.

You must be really looking forward to the trip.

Jeff

I've ordered what l call a proper shop this time Jeff.....if that makes sense!

I'm rather overly excited about this trip as it's going to bring back so many memories and yes, l have to be organised....but that's just me!!

Flying down means a trek to either Manchester or Leeds which is a pain as l plan to leave my car at home this time, so the train is currently winning!

Addy Lee cocked up last time l used them but that was during the alterations at KC :rolleyes:

I may have a look at Tristar, used them once many moons ago when we flew with Virgin...or maybe get one of those rickshaw thingies that parade around town these days....:eek:

I've just finished mine ... £280 ... four days shop and all light meals. How do I do it?

We're leaving here at 1am tonight and have a 10am Ocado delivery back in Hampshire ... :eek:

Blimey....I thought my spend of £175 was bad enough!! I ordered a bottle of that Pecheur (sp) wine today to see what all the fuss is about...;)

No champers on the balcony then tonight....safe travels Jeff.

S :)

Hello water cool people.

We were denied entry into Russia altogether. So alternative plan is we go back to nome. Two days wasted. Scuttlebutt is that Russia advised

on Friday we would be denied entry

Into providenya. So we aren't sure of the truth of this. We were told that there is an article in the Russian newspaper so stating. Since I done read Russian I can't verify this.

Nevertheless we have as I said, wasted a number of days and are now on to nome, where we will check in to USA, then head out again for a limited itinerary and not what's was planned. I can see changing itinerary for upheavals, tide and weather issues, but this is apparently the fault of someone who ignored warnings from Russian tour group facilitator who told ss

Allegedly that we would be denied entry due to lack of paperwork. The directive came from Moscow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Morning spinnaker2,

I think some of us are hoping to hear you arrived safely back home and aren't too upset with your recent experiences. We shared wqith you your anticipation about this trip. Sounds very dissapointing. :(

As soon as you're sorted out ... do check in here and let us know how you all are and your news.

Jeff

Morning All-:)

Busy morning here with two gardeners in....I'm chief tea lady! :rolleyes:

Tis time to start using up all the freezer stuff now in preparation for re-stocking for the winter months, so a Waitrose chicken pie for luncheon today with fries and peas.

Rain forecast later thank gawd.....

You still slumming it at Claridges Lux...;)

My son in law is actually there today on business....I've told him to look out for a posh roller!!

S :)

Yes and I'm in good company with Diana Krall and Declan and the kids.

You wouldn't believe that he's sixty this August.

What a good year for the roses eh Jeff?

I think they stay every summer at Claridges

London is still a bit quiet and the end of Ramadan has not seen the top stores flooded with money spending tourists.

Nice and warm today

Porridge this morning no lunch, see how I feel for dinner.

Yes and I'm in good company with Diana Krall and Declan and the kids.

You wouldn't believe that he's sixty this August.

What a good year for the roses eh Jeff?

I think they stay every summer at Claridges

Good Morning Lux ... !

You're post got me all hopeful! Wifey adores Krall. I presumed she must be doing a concert or something in London - I know she has some time booked on Seabourn and that nearly tempted me. Thought I'd be a star and see if I could get some tickets!

Googled to see where she was performing in London and it says that she and Costello where up in Liverpool yesterday having booked into the Hilton up there for a 5 night stay to visit family.

You must have an imposter down there Lux! :confused:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...s-over-7537531

Also on Giant watch was singer Elvis Costello who was enjoying a family break in Liverpool with his multi-Grammy Award winning wife Diana Krall and their two children.

They checked into the Hilton hotel for a five-night stay before Elvis returns to the US for his tour next month. The foursome took a walk around the Albert Dock and the Pier Head as well as enjoying the Giant Spectacular. They were also seen walking around Liverpool One and paying a visit to the Wirral to catch up with some of Elvis’ family and friends.

They get around these stars! ;)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Good Morning Lux ... !

You're post got me all hopeful! Wifey adores Krall. I presumed she must be doing a concert or something in London - I know she has some time booked on Seabourn and that nearly tempted me. Thought I'd be a star and see if I could get some tickets!

Googled to see where she was performing in London and it says that she and Costello where up in Liverpool yesterday having booked into the Hilton up there for a 5 night stay to visit family.

You must have an imposter down there Lux! :confused:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...s-over-7537531

They get around these stars! ;)

It amazing what Travel can do for you.

They were in London yesterday morning,I chatted to them in the lobby of the Hotel and they were off to the park for a run around with the kids.

I'll see if their suite is available,it's probably better than mine

Edited by Mr Luxury

It amazing what Travel can do for you.

They were in London yesterday morning,I chatted to them in the lobby of the Hotel and they were off to the park for a run around with the kids.

I'll see if their suite is available,it's probably better than mine

But they booked into the Hilton Liverpool on Tuesday and were there yesterday!

I know she is probably use to talking to complete strangers in hotel lobbies with all her family with her .... did she recognise you? How did this conversation start? WE NEED DETAILS, Spill the beans old dear! What did you talk about!

Is Elvis still in The Building?

:D