Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Jeff it was my pleasure to donate, she is an amazing person..........but don't try any Nigerian scams.........I am awake to it.:D

I am studying your photo tips but I am still struggling. I have photo bucket and shutter fly but I can't get the pictures to show without a link. I will keep trying. I want to show our trip to London.........especially the foodie stuff with Mr L. He isn't reading this is he :eek:.

V8babe a Cooler meet and mingle sounds like a great idea!

Re photobucket. Just keep playing and post dummy things without fear of pee taking.

Re Tricia and her foundation. You may be interested in their child sponsorship programme which is really personally rewarding. You "adopt" at a very young age, help the whole family with becoming self-sufficient through seeding, and then a monthly payment if you are lucky as we were, our girl did well at school and was able to go on to college. I think dad needed a bike for a food delivery service he wished to start.

We received a monthly report and some regular letters from her. Every few months she'd go to Tricia's office and a photo would be taken with her smiling face and be sent to us. I once received a copy of a school report where her teachers said that she needed to take things a touch more seriously, and I sent her a note encouraging her and her reports bucked up. Result! We loved to send her and her family christmas parcels. She loved her art and liked paints and markers and things. When the sponsorship came to an end, when she was around 18'or so, we received a lovely long letter thanking her "adopted co-parents."

We obviously got the better end of this deal as the reward for seeing such small amounts change lives for a family was much larger than the cash we sent.

:)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Evenin All ,

Yet another melting day but one pleasantly spent in the garden with the pup, who will be one year old tomorrow.

Nothing very interesting on the food front it's too hot to bother!

Happy weekend :)

Hi S!

If you want hours of amusement with the pup then give him some Prawn Crackers. They get the crunch but can't work out why it disappears so quickly.

Tandoori Chicken Masala with some onion bhajis and buttered pillau with Munich Champagne.

A8AF3CC0-DF96-4157-8CC3-46CC01143CE2.jpg

Jeff,

My old faithful shepherd loved them! Must try pup with them...I'd forgotten!

Your lunch once again looks delicious....Mrs Jeff must be very patient while you snap away....;)

S:)

Don't think she notices, as I use the ipad ..... she chomps away anyway and ignores me.

Jeff,

Can I send you any plates as you've not done the washing up?

Sadly the balcony is on the first floor of our three floor beach hut. The kitchen and dining room on the ground floor. No staff quarters!

I have various techniques for avoiding several journeys. This is one! Into the plastc bag with the baguettes and plastic glasses! Leaving two hands free for the champers in ice and this also means half an hour sipping the champers before they are unwrapped. Voila as they say!

Lux - we need you to take some pictures. How about one of your garage of rollers!

For others struggling with posting images from Photobucket, and using the browser on the ipad to post to CC, I have experimented and found a really much easier route.

Photobucket is set as previously described to upload / backup anything taken with the ipad.

Once your pictures have been uploaded go to the picture you wish to use in PB and go to"i" (information) and there you will see a field that completes itself including one called "img". If you hit that it goes into memory and that can then be posted directly into your open browser - I use Atomic Browser but I guess any will do - and eg todays brekkies

58204A7B-A2B2-4F53-8ECF-28B68A6ACB17.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Lazy hazy summer days....if l wasn't selling up I'd be thinking about putting a swimming pool in..:cool:

Just having a cheeky glass of wine to celebrate pups first birthday.....:rolleyes:

S:)

Say happy birthday from us. Please rent him out. I so miss having my ears licked.

Pimms, monekey nuts on the balcony and the onslaught of the Brummies tribes at the beginning of the school holidays down here arguing who is going to have the outside seats and tables at Weatherspoons for the maga all-day breakfasts witha pint of beer Tattooos and a lot of unfettered fat galore.

She wanted to venture out for some fresh bread today, and said "do you want to come with?" " Don't be ridiculous!" She came back in a state of shock and needed intravenous alcohol Happy Days!

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Talking of birthdays,

I went to CB's sixtieth last night given by TB and the children.

It was at their country place near Aylesbury.Sir John Guilgud was a previous owner.

Jeff you would have loved it

The singing chef performed,a couple of dancers from strictly and Bobby Davro did a very funny act.

Nice food and good wine,about 160 of us,some well known faces,Sir Jackie Stewart,Gloria H and me.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Talking of birthdays,

I went to CB's sixtieth last night given by TB and the children.

That sounds really memorable. :)

It is bloody odd though. Her birthday isn't until 23rd September.! :confused:

I only happen to know her birthday, because my birthday, my wifes and daughter is all the same week. i'm 36 hours older than wifey.

The week before or week after for the party, fair enough. But three months earlier! Strange! Did anyone ask "why?"

Perhaps this is her " official" rather than real birthday! What do you think?;)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

That sounds really memorable. :)

It is bloody odd though. Her birthday isn't until 23rd September.! :confused:

I only happen to know, because my birthday, my wifes and daughter is all the same week. The week before or week after for the party, fair enough. But three months earlier! Strange! Did anyone ask "why?"

Perhaps this is her " official" rather than real birthday! What do you think?;)

We did discuss that last night and the timing is right to have a bash in the summer but also the Iraq inquiry might get in the way.

We did discuss that last night and the timing is right to have a bash in the summer but also the Iraq inquiry might get in the way.

I'm probably being unduly thick, but that makes no sense at all. I don't know anything about any enquiry in September, but would the Blairs want to be seen to be "so concerned" that they brought her birthday bash forward by 3 months:confused:?

Normally people have their birthday party bash on the day or within a few days rather than say "let's have it three months early so it can be in the Summer. Bleedin' odd if you ask me. But then I'm jusy a thick East-end lad!;)

I'm probably being unduly thick, but that makes no sense at all. I don't know anything about any enquiry in September, but would the Blairs want to be seen to be "so concerned" that they brought her birthday bash forward by 3 months:confused:?

Normally people have their birthday party bash on the day or within a few days rather than say "let's have it three months early so it can be in the Summer. Bleedin' odd if you ask me. But then I'm jusy a thick East-end lad!;)

Yes it is odd but I did not find out till late in the evening and did not ask the question directly to either of them.

Could it be that TB travels a lot and his schedule is so busy that last night was the best time for all the family.

It could also be that they wanted to get us all there before it became impossible to get everyone together with holidays in August.

September would not have been such a good time to have it I suppose.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Yes it is odd but I did not find out till late in the evening and did not ask the question directly to either of them.

Could it be that TB travels a lot and his schedule is so busy that last night was the best time for all the family.

He ought to travel to Outer Mongolia IMHO...and stay there.

Good job the News of The World has gone Lux we may have seen you on the front page!! ;)

Sophia:)

He ought to travel to Outer Mongolia IMHO...and stay there.

Good job the News of The World has gone Lux we may have seen you on the front page!! ;)

Sophia:)

I've been there before and in better newspapers

Security was tight,there were no paps,only a couple of snappers to cover the party inside.

Edited by Mr Luxury

May be. But a big bash during the most serious mid- East crisis mights have nudged a cancellation, particularly his supposed role and during the week he is being reviled for his cash stash.

Still a party of this size will be picked up by the press in the next day or so and it will be interesting to see the fall out. "Blairs have birthday blowout at £10m country pile whilst the children he is supposed to be saving die in Gaza" A bloke with his nose for trouble avoidance - Teflon Tony - I'd have expected to cancel.

Odd. :confused:

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

May be. But a big bash during the most serious mid- East crisis mights have nudged a cancellation, particularly his supposed role and during the week he is being reviled for his cash stash.

Still a party of this size will be picked up by the press in the next day or so and it will be interesting to see the fall out. "Blairs have birthday blowout at £10m country pile whilst the children he is supposed to be saving die in Gaza" A bloke with his nose for trouble avoidance - Teflon Tony - I'd have expected to cancel.

Odd. :confused:

It's not odd Jeff.....it's par for the course.

Must away,I'm due at the Coach House at 20.30

My wife looks lovely,I must scrub up quickly

Glyndebourne tomorrow La Traviata,how civilised.

Must away myself luvvi .... off to the chippy and the fireworks here tonight. mingling with the morbidly obese and highly tattooed ladies that are downtown on a Saturday night!

The Sopranos Boxed Set tomorrow, learning about Waste Management, pretty uncivilised from what I hear!

:D

It's not odd Jeff.....it's par for the course.

What a wonderful pair they made. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

Gordon Brown will be the man remembered for selling the UK gold reserves at the bottom of the market and killing off the best pensions regime in the world. And Blair for Iraq and getting rich as a result.

Still at least they hated each other more than we could ever do!