Mini Suite on the Diamond

Aussie Gal

We have just found a cruise on the Diamond that spends most of the time in Japan. It is in October next year.

I have been trying to find out about the balconies on the Diamond as I believe they are different to the other ships in the fleet. We have cruised on the Emerald and had E731 which had a very large balcony, was very private and had an overhang.

Is there anything like this balcony on the Diamond? Can someone tell me which are the best mini suites on the ship for size, balcony and privacy.

Thanks.

Jennie

E728 and E731 on Diamond Princess (and Sapphire Princess) have the same extended and covered balcony as E731 on Emerald Princess; I know because it is my favorite cabin and get it whenever I can. All the mini-suites and their balconies on Diamond and Sapphire are the same size, except for the very last one on Emerald and Dolphin decks, which have the extended balconies, and the one on Dolphin Deck is wheelchair accessible. All the minis on Emerald deck have covered balconies and all the minis on Dolphin deck have no covering at all.

Hey, Jeanie. I have been thinking about you all and wondered what was up. I hope you are doing well. When are you sailing again. We have a short cruise scheduled for October.

We got back to Tucson about two years ago and have often wondered. I was just looking at the old role call about three days ago when I found a pic of us sitting in your mini suite.

It is good to see you on here. I hope we are able to see each other in person again soon. Jim and Marianne

Rick and Vita,

Thanks so much for responding so quickly. I am able to book E731 so will go ahead and do it.

Jennie

We also had E731 on the Diamond for a cruise to AUS/NZ. I am in agreement that these are my favorite mini balconies by far. We also had D732 on the Ruby which had the same larger balcony sans the covered balcony.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Jim,

We are doing quite a big of cruising. We have a cruise on HAL's Noordam, Rome to Rome, 22 days around the Med commencing on the 9th October this year.

Then we have booked the Ocean Princess (Tahitian) for a 20 day Sydney to Singapore in March next year and I have just this minute booked a 9 day cruise Tokyo to Tokyo around Japan on the Diamond Princess for October, 2014.

We have been back to Honolulu a number of times since we were last there with you both. That was a great cruise on the Tahitian wasn't it?

Jennie

We also had E731 on the Diamond for a cruise to AUS/NZ. I am in agreement that these are my favorite mini balconies by far. We also had D732 on the Ruby which had the same larger balcony sans the covered balcony.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for that Bob. I have just this minute booked E731 on the Diamond for a cruise around Japan next year in October. Thanks for posting.

Jennie

Archived