Long Beach Hotel

Liner

Have any of you ever stayed at the Coast Long Beach Hotel? We are staying 3 nights pre-cruise. 2 nights in Beverly Hills and have this hotel booked for one night to be closer to the San Pedro pier. Sailing on the Sapphire Princess in November!

Thanks for any help you can give us!!

Have not stayed there, but it is in a nice location away from the downtown area. It is a couple blocks from there to the Queen Mary. You are still about 8-9 miles from the San Pedro cruise ship terminal....close to the Long Beach cruise ship terminal. Did they offer you a shuttle to the ship?

We have stayed there twice. Got it for $79 AAA just before Christmas and this summer for $65 through Priceline. Not near much of anything except for the Queen Mary and Carnival. That's why we liked it. Rooms are big and clean. The restaurant is not bad. We took the Passport (the free Long Beach bus) to get to the town. Also took the Aquabus. Can get along without a car nicely.

Our own problem was some of our luggage. We were one the the first groups to disembark from the Pride 2 weeks ago. What to do at 9:30 in the morning. We called the Coast and asked if we could drop off luggage until checkin time. They said -no problem. Well, there were 12 of us and they had us put it in a back office. Somehow- the bellman for whatever reason- sometime later- loaded 2 pieces on their shuttle and it went for a 2nd week on the Pride. Of course, he claimed to be clueless about it all. The front desk was great, but the management wasn't. It was always up to us to check on it. Never got a call from mgt- finally after the 3rd day- when I complained-the next day shift never seemed to be aware of anything from days prior- head of housekeeping called. Said they were aware of problem- that's about all.

We finally took it upon ourselves to call Carnival. The manager said he would, then get ahold of us. Yep- still haven't heard from them. Carnival found them and has shipped them to us. The manager said he'd take care of shipping- what do you think the odds of that are.

If they don't- does anyone know if that can be covered by our travel insurance? No big deal, but it's going to cost to ship 100 pounds of luggage. Not to mention- I had to replace some shorts for my husband. Can't live in Phoenix with only 1 pair of shorts.

To make a long story short- keep an eye on your luggage. For how little we paid- nice place.

Thanks for your kind reply! Your lucky luggage........getting to cruise twice!! I would think that the hotel is responsible since they took your bags under their control. Good luck getting it back to your closet!!

• 1 month later...

Wennfred- I would love to hear about your Pride cruise when you return. We are booked in March. First time for a cruise from the west coast. We are going a couple of days early. planning on staying in Long beach. When we get off the ship, we have all day. We have a red eye flight that night. Maybe the ship will offer a post cruise tour for people leaving late that night.

I see you are on the Valor in several months. We loved it. We were there in July. We did the western caribbean.

We stayed at the Coast Long Beach in April after our cruise. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. It is in a really odd location. Not really close to anything but the Queen Mary. Next time I would stay in one of the downtown long beach hotels to be closer to the restraunts and shops. The Passport shuttle does stop at the Coast Hotel so it is not that inconvenient to ride the shuttle downtown and back. This hotel is not close to the San Pedro pier. It was a 15-20 minute cab ride from the San Pedro pier to this hotel. We stayed there primarily since we were flying out of LGB and this put us closer to the airport.

We have the west Coast Hotel booked for their Park & Stay package which includes breakfast and shuttle to the port for the Pride. We won't have a car either but the price including tax was less than the AAA rate booked directly with the hotel. If we arrive mid-day maybe we till take the ferry over to Catalina Island or just take the shuttle into town at Long Beach and have an early evening meal while downtown. Coming from the East coast, we will probably be ready to retire early anyway. When I talked to Supershuttle, his response was "Oh, that hotel that is hard to find". I guess driving there is not the easiest thing to do.

Bon Voyage

Archived