Residence Rates? Really!

ron1946

Was the rate a resident rate?

Or a sail from Florida rate?

The rate I booked was a specific rate category that came up on the list of selections. It showed 'Canadian Resident Rate'. Not sure what the U.S. folks see.

Florida Resident Rates are a myth. During all the years I lived there, not ONCE did I see one. Ironically, as soon as I moved to Georgia, I was able to take advantage of a Georgia Resident Discount. Go figure.

The rate I got was a provincial one for the Province of Ontario, Canada. As I mentioned, this was a guarantee balcony which would have been assigned at the pier, since I am a past passenger with Carnival I was able to move up one deck mid-ship and choose a specific cabin for $25 more. So basically another $5 per day.

The rate I booked was a specific rate category that came up on the list of selections. It showed 'Canadian Resident Rate'. Not sure what the U.S. folks see.

As a travel agent I come across this issue all the time. You can have different rates depending on what state or province you live in, if you are a past passenger, if you are a 55 and older (other cruise lines), if you are in the military, police, fire dept, or just because it is Tuesday and the cruise line has a sale!!! Some of these prices will be the same rate whether you are past passenger or not, it is up to the cruise lines as they dictate the prices. All you can do is after booking keep checking the prices and if the rate is lower, most cruise lines will reduce the rate most of the time, BUT not all the time. It is up to the cruise line if they will. Happy Sailing

Archived