Allure Flowrider ?

Gayle V

I see that they book lessons on the Flowrider. Do you have to book lessons to try the Flowrider? They cost $60 and are already nearly booked up, except very early am or during dinner.

No, those are just for private lessons. Just using the Flowrider is free during open times. You just have to sign a waiver, which you can do online before the cruise.

I see that they book lessons on the Flowrider. Do you have to book lessons to try the Flowrider? They cost $60 and are already nearly booked up, except very early am or during dinner.

also there are two flowriders, one for beginners like yourself, and one for more experienced people and lessons.

Thanks Aquahound. Have you tried the Flowrider? Any idea how long of a lesson you get ?

No, sorry, I've never signed up for the private lessons, so I can't help you there.

I've ridden the Flowrider many times though. :)

Hi Gayle V

I went on the Oasis and did not do the the lesson. It was my first time trying the flowrider. The staff will tell you what to do and give you pointers. As someone mentioned early you can sign the waiver online. When you get on board you have to get a wrist band before you can ride.

also there are two flowriders, one for beginners like yourself, and one for more experienced people and lessons.

Not sure how it is on Allure, but on Oasis generally one Flowrider is for boogie boarding and one is for Stand-up surfing. There were maybe three one-hour advanced sessions first thing in the morning for surfing, but otherwise you did not have to be "advanced" to use the Flowrider.

Lessons are 60 minutes, generally I think a maximum of 8 people. It's great if you want more time without having to stand in line. Depending on when you try the Flowrider, you might have to wait 20-30 minutes between each attempt if it's busy on a sea day. Kind of stinks if you try surfing and fall off after 20 seconds and then have to wait another 30 minutes.

Archived