Island/Coral Princess-Mini suite question

CruiserDoc

I am very familiar with most of the Princess ship's layouts, but I have never been on the Island or Coral Princess. A few questions:

1) Are the Mini Suite cabin balconies exposed to the decks above, like on the Golden and other Princess ships?

2) On the Island and Coral, what are the main differences between mini suites and balcony cabins?

3) Do the category BE balcony cabins on the aft of the Emerald deck have bigger balconies than other regular balcony cabins (the deck plan seems to show that)?

4) Are there disadvantages to the aft Emerald balcony cabins (like obstructed view etc)?

5) What are the best minisuites and best balcony cabins on the Island or Coral?

Thanks!!

Tom

I am very familiar with most of the Princess ship's layouts, but I have never been on the Island or Coral Princess. A few questions:

1) Are the Mini Suite cabin balconies exposed to the decks above, like on the Golden and other Princess ships?

2) On the Island and Coral, what are the main differences between mini suites and balcony cabins?

3) Do the category BE balcony cabins on the aft of the Emerald deck have bigger balconies than other regular balcony cabins (the deck plan seems to show that)?

4) Are there disadvantages to the aft Emerald balcony cabins (like obstructed view etc)?

5) What are the best minisuites and best balcony cabins on the Island or Coral?

Thanks!!

Tom

We were in a Cat BE aft Emerald deck balcony on the Coral for a Panama Canal cruise some years ago. I think the balconies are 7'x9'. They are fully covered and have the standard glass railing. There will be a solid bulkhead on one side and a standard balcony divider on the other side. I would book one again.

We were in D705, a mini with a covered balcony, for our Panama Canal cruise. It is just above the Emerald covered minis. We like this location a lot. I was worried it might be dark because of the covered balcony, but it was fine and kept the cabin and balcony much cooler.

We were on Island Princess last May in a then BE balcony. E704. Is cut out of the hull type balcony; four chairs and a small table. And fully covered. Great location on Emerald deck. Would book this cabin again.

Archived