Hyatt Regency Pier 66 w/Priceline

Yankee Doodle

I secured two rooms at the Hyatt Regency in Ft. Lauderdale on March 21, 2014 for $165.00/ea.

Priceline suggests that if we want a certain room i.e. non-smoking, king bed, certain view to call or write the hotel directly.

I've read that certain rooms above the 6th floor are great for watching cruise ships come in. Curious if this would be a Tower - Marina view, or another location?

What are my chances for getting a requested room with a Priceline bid?

Anyone have any luck?

Nancy

I secured two rooms at the Hyatt Regency in Ft. Lauderdale on March 21, 2014 for $165.00/ea.

Priceline suggests that if we want a certain room i.e. non-smoking, king bed, certain view to call or write the hotel directly.

I've read that certain rooms above the 6th floor are great for watching cruise ships come in. Curious if this would be a Tower - Marina view, or another location?

What are my chances for getting a requested room with a Priceline bid?

Anyone have any luck?

Nancy

It's peak season and you got a great rate on a fantastic hotel.

Have you joined Hyatt's frequent stay program? While you will not get any points, they'll put you in a little better room.

The earlier you check in that day, the better chance you have with your room choice. Being that it is spring break, the double/double rooms will go first so your chances are excellent for a king room.

I'd call in off hours, speak to an in house reservations person and ask them to mark your preferences on your reservation.

Basically it comes down to whomever pays the most and stays the most gets first pick/best room.

You can call the hotel directly and request bedding and location. Those are only requests. Not guarantees.

Your res. will show up as a PL room. You might be offered to buy an upgrade IF there is a room avail. at check in. Some hotels will charge $25 and some more. Some will just say not available to PL rooms. The rooms with views and higher up are usually premium and more expensive than a run of the house room which PL only guarantees.

As BlueH says, it just is a matter of who is your clerk, what time you check in and what is available then.

Good luck.

In that past I've bid PL and received Pier 66. The problem with winning a bid on PL is that you will probably end up getting the older part of the hotel (I've read this on many other threads). The older part has the bungalows which are 2 story. Due to the comments about the musty smells etc I wanted to make sure that I could get into the Towers. I called a couple of different times to request the tower rooms but they stated that I would have to wait until we checked in. When we arrived we requested a tower room for an additional $50 (which is considered an upgrade). This was in Jan 2012 and we won with a bid of $75. The lady working the desk was wonderful. It was a special occation (25th wedding anniversary). The room was also higher up which made the view wonderful. The view we had was on the inner coastal water way. In my opinion I don't think you could get a bad view.

I hope you have some luck with getting the room that you want.

We also recently won a bid for $85 a night, but this is for two weeks from now. We read all the same tips, and did call the hotel and they said we could upgrade for a price. This negates the low price we got, so we will just wait until we check in (which will be morning - 2 days prior to cruise). If the room we are assigned is dirty or musty, we can certainly talk to someone about it.

Will try to remember to report back after our trip.

We also recently won a bid for $85 a night, but this is for two weeks from now. We read all the same tips, and did call the hotel and they said we could upgrade for a price. This negates the low price we got, so we will just wait until we check in (which will be morning - 2 days prior to cruise). If the room we are assigned is dirty or musty, we can certainly talk to someone about it.

Please do!! Thanks. Would love to hear about your experiences.

Make sure to ask for the Tower when you check in. We always ask sometimes we pay to upgrade and other times it is free. (Using Priceline). We like the hotel and enjoy the walk across the bridge for shopping and dining.

• 3 weeks later...

just a quick update on our experience with the Hyatt Pier 66 (PL at $85 a night)...We loved this hotel! When we checked in, the gentleman offered a complimentary upgrade to the tower, without us having to ask.

We stayed for two nights and could not have asked for better service from everyone we crossed paths with. The pool area was so nice - they brought cool towels on such a hot day. There was always cold water by the pool (as well as fruited water in the lobby).

The dining options were fine - we used the snack bar by the pool, casual restaurant down by the water and coffee in the lobby restaurant.

We also took advantage of the Water Taxi, which docked at the hotel (we had bought a Groupon for buy one - get one).

Any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Archived